PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Toby Keith dead at 62 from Stomach Cancer

Sad. One of the few country singers I like.

Just watched a sit down interview with him a week or so about his illness...was shocked and saddened when I saw it in the headlines today. :(

Just watched a sit down interview with him a week or so about his illness...was shocked and saddened when I saw it in the headlines today. :(
Man he was fighting hard. In hindsight how he drummed up the strength to do 3 sold out shows a few months ago is incredible.

Me too. Loved Toby Keith. Poor guy went though hell.
Definitely shocked. I knew he was sick. But he came of in a way that it was bearable and that he was on the other side of it. Strong man.

There is a story of how when Merle Haggard was dying, he kept touring to provide income for his band. At his last concert, he was barely getting by and Toby Keith was there. He invited Toby on stage and Toby knew all of Merle's songs so it became a duo as Keith carried Haggard thru the concert and Haggard died a few days later.
8 Years Ago Today: Toby Keith Steps in to Save One of Merle Haggard's Last Shows

There is a story of how when Merle Haggard was dying, he kept touring to provide income for his band. At his last concert, he was barely getting by and Toby Keith was there. He invited Toby on stage and Toby knew all of Merle's songs so it became a duo as Keith carried Haggard thru the concert and Haggard died a few days later.
8 Years Ago Today: Toby Keith Steps in to Save One of Merle Haggard's Last Shows
Merle, Waylon, Cash, Hank Sr.

They don't make em like that no more.

He was great. Saw him play before a Pats game after a SB season. They had an entire day of activities and entertainment for fans prior to the game. He was one of the performers.

Man…so many of his songs were part of my college soundtrack. True original. RIP cowboy.

My dad died from the same cancer. I cannot imagine a worse way to go. I hope it was not as bad as I saw.

I like all of the above commentary ...
Not his best song but was so funny and true when he did "Red Solo Cup. :haha:
That song attracted many people (cross-genre) who were not necessarily country music fans.
His patriotic songs are legend ...

Last edited:
My dad died from the same cancer. I cannot imagine a worse way to go. I hope it was not as bad as I saw.
Sorry to hear ...

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Back