PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Tiki strikes back at Eli...Ronde joins in for the party...

Status
Not open for further replies.

DisgruntledTunaFan

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2007...twits-strike-twins-slam-eli-manning-again-he/
Barber Twits Twins Slam Eli Manning Again: He is Laughable
Posted Aug 21st 2007 8:37PM by Dan Benton
Filed under: NY Giants, NFL Gossip, New York

Did anyone actually think that the Eli Manning/Tiki Barber feud would end after only a few short days? Did anyone actually think that Barber would allow Manning to have the last word?

If you thought either of those things, you'd be wrong -- and you'd be foolish.

Barber made it a point to address Manning's comments tonight on Siruis Radio's "Barber Shop." He also recruited some help in attempt to further damage Eli's reputation. Twin brother Ronde Barber accompanied Tiki on the set and joyously joined in on a pathetically immature mocking of the New York Giants quarterback.

It was a constant barrage for almost two hours with Ronde making comments about Eli's "testes finally dropping" and Tiki adding that "Kerry Collins was a true leader," claiming the Giants "shouldn't have let him go." They also added that Eli's return-fire was "laughable" and that Tiki is part of the media now and it's his job to be controversial.

Now that the real Tiki has shown himself, a few things have become blatantly obvious. Unlike Lawrence Taylor, Phil Simms and Harry Carson who are ex-Giants, Tiki is just an ex-football player. It's clear that he couldn't care less about the organization and only about himself. Additionally, he has also proven exactly what's wrong with the media when he stated that it's his job to be controversial.

Oddly enough, he fails to realize .... [more at link]

Last edited by a moderator:
That is too bad. If Tiki truly wants a TV career, he is going about it the wrong way. His ignorant cheap shots are immature and unfounded.

A few of hese former players getting TV jobs is absurd. You would think that he networks would want them to leave their personal agendas out of their work.

Although my hatred for Eli runs deep, I have to agree that Tiki just needs to shut the hell up. He's only hurting his own reputation.

Tiki always seemed like a tool to me, guess this is just confirming it. His whole "pay attention to me" thing he did last season was pretty sad.

There's something a bit strange about Tiki

I don't think what the Barber's are doing is right, but the best way Eli can fight back is to go out and have a very good year. If he keeps playing like he has, it just fuels the fire.

Tiki probably recruited his brother because Peyton got in to defend his brother... Brotha's got to stick together, ya no, man.

On a side note, I always thought Tiki was a arrogant prick who was all about himself... He just proved it AGAIN to me that that is how he is...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back