PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Simmoms ... Atlanta Front Office Does Not Want Bill.

I don't know.
I wouldn't know either. Ever since they lied about the Pats in 2014 I've only seen PTI and a handful of Pats games.

Weird as it sounds, probably some media job.
Really, I don't see Bill's personality translating well to TV. I see him more in an advisory roll for some team. He's a brilliant X's and O's guy. Just my 2 cents.

Really, I don't see Bill's personality translating well to TV. I see him more in an advisory roll for some team. He's a brilliant X's and O's guy. Just my 2 cents.

If I remember correctly, Bill did do some guest analyst work during the playoffs on season way in the past and was pretty good. Belichick's personality when he isn't Belichick the coach is actually a lot more human and humorous.

I think BB is being black balled by the league. It's not the first time Godell and others have screwed him over.
Yeah that's it, it's not the fact that he is 72, has had multiple losing seasons and wants control

I think BB is being black balled by the league. It's not the first time Godell and others have screwed him over.
He's not being blackballed. He's about to be 72 and is coming off a horrible season that followed a rather mediocre 4 years preceding it and wants full control of football ops which means an owner is going to have other people lobbying for their jobs against Bill's hiring. If we made it clear to everyone he has no interest in GM'ing and just wants to coach, he'd already have the Falcons job imo.

Falcons have won 7 games 5 of the past 6 seasons. The other year they won 4 games.. They fired Quinn and Smith, fired Dimitroff, overhauled their roster, all yielding the same result. That’s the Rich McKay record as their team President. BB would be stupid to settle for a job under that no talent assclown.
It doesn't even make sense if you're Atlanta. All you need from Belichick is 3 years. Who cares about your front office? If your personnel guy is good (and they like Fontenot), then he's still going to be there in 3 years. GM, the money guy?

If the Falcons lose McKay, it's not like they can't hire anyone else for the position.

This is likely about something else.

Maybe they saw Patricia coaching the Eagles D over the weekend, and he was floated as Bill's DC. That could be it. Belichick is loyal to a fault.

In retrospect, Belichick's big mistake is not hashing things out with the Krafts. If it were me, and there were that much rancor between them in the offseason over various thing (deciding on assistant coaches, trading Mac Jones, pick JuJu over Jakobi, and who knows how many countless other things [topped off with the successor contract for Mayo]), Belichick should've simply told Kraft ABSOLUTELY NOT to all of it, and ended the relationship right there. He didn't because he knew the Patriots are in the middle of a rebuild, and that any other situation would probably be worse. He made a mistake by not doing that.

Last year, he could've gone to the Broncos, Chargers, Commanders, Bears, Panthers (before they made their huge Bryant Young error), or Arizona.

So we're gonna take that one game and say he sucks as a HC? Got it.
If the argument is that he's the coach you "CURRENTLY" would want the most to win a playoff game, it's very relevant that his last two playoff appearances (and only ones in the last 5 years) were a massive blowout of historic proportions and then losing at home to a wildcard team.

No offense, but people got to get over the idea that Bill's whole career in New England is more relevant than the most recent 5 years of his career. Nobody would say everyone should ignore Peyton Manning's poor play in 2015 and look at the rest of his career to justify hiring him. Right now Bill's last half of a decade has been mediocre and the selling point to him is that he was amazing between 2001-2018 and can still dial up some strong defenses.

He's not being blackballed. He's about to be 72 and is coming off a horrible season that followed a rather mediocre 4 years preceding it and wants full control of football ops which means an owner is going to have other people lobbying for their jobs against Bill's hiring. If we made it clear to everyone he has no interest in GM'ing and just wants to coach, he'd already have the Falcons job imo.
2 of those 4 years were playoff years. Mediocre for him is something teams like Atlanta would love. They haven't made the playoff since 7 years ago, and haven't put up anything near 12-5 and 10-7.

If the argument is that he's the coach you "CURRENTLY" would want the most to win a playoff game, it's very relevant that his last two playoff appearances (and only ones in the last 5 years) were a massive blowout of historic proportions and then losing at home to a wildcard team.

No offense, but people got to get over the idea that Bill's whole career in New England is more relevant than the most recent 5 years of his career. Nobody would say everyone should ignore Peyton Manning's poor play in 2015 and look at the rest of his career to justify hiring him. Right now Bill's last half of a decade has been mediocre and the selling point to him is that he was amazing between 2001-2018 and can still dial up some strong defenses.
You're missing the fact that these teams are starved for winning and that his mediocre is better than their best.

Also missing the fact of what it means when your team is either rebuilding and still has old slow guys (like 2021) or severely injured (2019).

The idea that Belichick lost his fastball in 6 months (2018 season when he won the Super Bowl by only allowing 3 points to one of the greatest offenses in the history of the NFL to the 2019 season when they went 12-5) is, frankly, preposterous.

2 is the biggest problem for BB right now along with wanting control.

Short term "rentals" for players are one thing but why would any team agree to hire a HC who might as well be a rental at his age. I'll be surprised if it happens. No shame in retiring he's got nothing left to prove. Maybe he can do some TV and showcase himself as a likeable guy.
Seriously, who cares about the short term rental. Not like McKay isn't replaceable as your GM. Why would Blank even care about that?

Most coaches only last 3 years anyway, and these day 2.

Have a look at who they are looking at: Raheem Morris and Bobby Slowik.

Are these guys going to last 3 years? 2?

Falcons have won 7 games 5 of the past 6 seasons. The other year they won 4 games.. They fired Quinn and Smith, fired Dimitroff, overhauled their roster, all yielding the same result. That’s the Rich McKay record as their team President. BB would be stupid to settle for a job under that no talent assclown.
McKay is largely in his position because he got MBS across the finish line which is the crown jewel of the Falcons organization right now.

It doesn't even make sense if you're Atlanta. All you need from Belichick is 3 years. Who cares about your front office? If your personnel guy is good (and they like Fontenot), then he's still going to be there in 3 years. GM, the money guy?

If the Falcons lose McKay, it's not like they can't hire anyone else for the position.

This is likely about something else.

Maybe they saw Patricia coaching the Eagles D over the weekend, and he was floated as Bill's DC. That could be it. Belichick is loyal to a fault.

In retrospect, Belichick's big mistake is not hashing things out with the Krafts. If it were me, and there were that much rancor between them in the offseason over various thing (deciding on assistant coaches, trading Mac Jones, pick JuJu over Jakobi, and who knows how many countless other things [topped off with the successor contract for Mayo]), Belichick should've simply told Kraft ABSOLUTELY NOT to all of it, and ended the relationship right there. He didn't because he knew the Patriots are in the middle of a rebuild, and that any other situation would probably be worse. He made a mistake by not doing that.

Last year, he could've gone to the Broncos, Chargers, Commanders, Bears, Panthers (before they made their huge Bryant Young error), or Arizona.
That's a nice assumption. Just like the assumption Kraft should try to get a comp for for Belicheck because so many teams would be fighting him lol

I mean, this is what happened in Bill's last playoff game:

1. Worse playoff loss of his career: 47-17.
2. Largest halftime deficit (27-3) in Patriots playoff history.
3. Buffalo scored TDs on its first 7 possessions. The 8th series was a victory formation.
4. It was the first game in NFL history in which one team never attempted a FG, punted or turned the ball over (via INT, FUM or TO on downs).

Total humiliation.
That was embarrassing.

The Pats defense was much more steady during Dynasty I and more up and down during Dynasty II.
In 9 playoff games D1 only allowed 20+ points three times.
In 14 playoff games D2 allowed 20+ points six times, 30+ twice, 40+ once and only kept teams under 20 five times.

Last edited:
Raheem Morris and Bobby Slowik.
Slowik is literally half Bill's age and Morris is 25 years younger. Those guys have better odds sticking around than Bill does once that record is broken.

There's also a reason why no NFL HC has ever won anything after age 70.

That was embarrassing.

The Pats defense was much more steady during Dynasty I and more up and down during Dynasty II. In 9 playoff games D1 only allowed 20+ points three times. In 14 playoff games D2 allowed 20+ points six times, 30+ twice, 40+ once and only kept teams under 20 five times.
Different era.

Look at the QB stats from that era.

The huge rule changes put offenses at an advantage. If you can't grab WRs and reroute them prior to the ball being thrown, points are going to pile up. Not to mention the way you hit a QB.

In 2001, Peyton Manning had 26 TDs and 23 INTs.

As soon as they loosened up the rules several years later, he threw 49 TDs. Night and day difference.

Slowik is literally half Bill's age and Morris is 25 years younger. Those guys have better odds sticking around than Bill does once that record is broken.

There's also a reason why no NFL HC has ever won anything after age 70.
Gotta go with history here which doesn't bode well for BB.

Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Back