PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Scripted finish to the SB?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Scripted finish to the SB?

1 minute left, the Saints 35 - Colts 21 with no timeouts left, and the Saints taking a knee on three straight downs to end the game.

First Superbowl to go into OT. Saints win the toss and score on a 35 yrd FG. Colts never get the ball. Polian finally complains to the committee and they change the OT ruling next year. That is the best scenario
I like this idea, but add to it the fact the Saints tied the score late in the 4th quarter aided by a pass interference call that would not have been made prior to Polian's suggestions to the rules committe a few years ago to call those plays more closely.

With each passing quarter, the penalties against the Saint keep getting more and more strange until a 4th quarter "8 men in the box" penalty against the Saints defense causes the stadium to erupt. Fans charge the field against the obvious injustice, the announcers are forced to conclude that the SB had been scripted like a WWF match, the competition committee is dissolved, Goddell resigns in shame, and days later everyone realizes the game was never finished, and thus this year's SB has no winner.

I would like to see an offensive pass interference on Dallas Clark when the Colts are about the push the lead to four scores in the first half. I'd like to see a totally bogus defensive pass interference against the Colts, giving the Saints the ball at the 1, they score a TD and are back in the game. After the Saints get within 3, I would like to see a Saints CB tackle Garcon in the end zone long before the ball gets there, with no call. Then the Colts kick a FG, the Saints get the ball back, have the drive continued by a 5 yard holding the receiver call beyond 5 yards, and the Saints score a TD for a 1 point win.

First Superbowl to go into OT. Saints win the toss and score on a 35 yrd FG. Colts never get the ball. Polian finally complains to the committee and they change the OT ruling next year. That is the best scenario

I was about the post the same thing. If it did happen, I seriously would not put it past Polian to do just that.

Saints up 35-31 with 30 seconds left. Colts have it at the Saints 15 when Archie Manning comes out and smacks Peyton in the head with a chair and Jim Ross scream "MY GOD, MY GOD."

nice. I like this one. An added bonus would be as the confetti starts to fly you see Archie drop the chair, as he stands over an unconcious Peyton, removes his Colts jersey to reveal and old school Archie Manning Saints jersey.

The Colts lose by 4 tds. The Colts offense musters 3 points and Manning throws 4 ints. In the post game conference he utters the phrase: "Im trying to be a good teammate here, but........................"

nice. I like this one. An added bonus would be as the confetti starts to fly you see Archie drop the chair, as he stands over an unconcious Peyton, removes his Colts jersey to reveal and old school Archie Manning Saints jersey.

Then JR would be like, "WHY ARCHIE WHY? I THOUGHT I KNEW HIM, I THOUGHT I KNEW HIM. DAMNIT HE SCREWED US ALL, good gawd!"

colts and others underestimate a better Saints offense and defense.

colts get surprised wiped 42-17

Later it is found the colts stayed up late playing strip Jumanji

I have two scripts:

First one: Colts up by 4 points with 3:57 left in the game, at the Saints 25 yard line on 3rd and 7. Manning drops back to pass, throws it over the middle, picked by Sharper who returns it the distance for the Saints lead with 3:45 to go. Colts get the ball back next possession, set-up a game tying kick for Matt Stover from 37 yards, and he pushes it right, Saints win the Super Bowl.

Second one: Saints driving late, :45 seconds left in the game, at the Colts 38 yard line, down by 6. Brees goes to pass to Colston, picked off by Bethea, and he starts taking it back to the house, but out of no where comes Devery Henderson who forces the fumble, Pierre Thomas recovers and returns it for 37 yards back to the Saints 48 yard line. Next play, Brees throws to Meachem, pass is tipped off the hands of Bullitt right to Meachem who runs the rest of the way for the game-winning TD.

Peyton Manning throws a late game pick-6 to give the Saints the lead. Out of grief, he takes his own life. Out of sadness, Archie Manning commits a murder-suicide of Eli and himself. The entire state of Indiana goes crazy and they all kill each other.

The end.

We need to factor in the deaths of Polian and the Colts radio announcer as well. Maybe a couple stray bullets from Archie's gun could do them in.

Originally Posted by BradyManny View Post
Peyton Manning throws a late game pick-6 to give the Saints the lead. Out of grief, he takes his own life. Out of sadness, Archie Manning commits a murder-suicide of Eli and himself. The entire state of Indiana goes crazy and they all kill each other.

The end.

welp...guess I'm out of the running for post of the year...I'm almost speechless

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes