PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Sammy Watkins calls fans "losers"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand your point, but "coddled" and "sheltered" seems a bit strong given the socioeconomic backgrounds many of them come from.

Although espnw -- Fourth overall pick Sammy Watkins can count on his mother tells an interesting story about him -- he smoked dope in college, so his mother moved the whole family to town so she could keep closer tabs on him.

Yea I probably could have used better words there.

I tried to imply that once these immensely talented, prodigal athletes are identified, you have all these AUU coaches, family, friends, scouts, parasites, recruiters, etc gloaming all over these naive kids telling them how great they are. Once they get to college, you have boosters and chaperons on campus catering to there every need.

Last edited:
He went to Clemson.

Clemson must be an amazing school academically.

One of the few athletes where I'm actually looking forward to hearing how he blew through all his money and is broke ~15 years from now.

But he didn't mock them for being ordinary folks. Rather, he mocked them for taking sports so seriously.
Disagree. "They gotta wake up tomorrow and have the same life..."

That's a pretty obvious shot at ordinary folks.

As a Heat fan, I cringed when I saw that interview. What a douchetastic thing to say.

good for watkins. cant blame him for wanting to GTFO of buffalo. hahaha

maybe we can swoop him up in the offseason.

That was pretty bad.

LeBron is a douchy, megalomaniac.

good for watkins. cant blame him for wanting to GTFO of buffalo. hahaha

maybe we can swoop him up in the offseason.

tc6e8ae_270x352px-e2f511c8_154-house-do-not-want.jpeg

Yeah.

You will have to explain yourself with this "Heat fan" thing, of course. o_O

Born in Boston and moved to SoFLA when I was a young tike. My pops raised me to watch football, baseball, and hockey. I raised myself to watch college football and basketball (he wasn't a big hoops fan). He made me a Pats, Sox, and Bruins fan and I made myself a Gators and Heat fan since they were the teams I grew up watching.

Born in Boston and moved to SoFLA when I was a young tike. My pops raised me to watch football, baseball, and hockey. I raised myself to watch college football and basketball (he wasn't a big hoops fan). He made me a Pats, Sox, and Bruins fan and I made myself a Gators and Heat fan since they were the teams I grew up watching.
OK. That is approved.

Father Knows Best.

Definitely worth two high first round picks.

This is why BB believes in drafting quantity over quality and never, ever giving up that much for one player...goes without saying not for a player who can't write and has thin skin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back