PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Saints vs. Vikings

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll field this one: no, they can't.

ESPN's already making the Saints' struggles into a frontpage story, and I don't get it. Who cares? They won a close, hard-fought, defensive battle. Last year everyone was criticizing them for not having won like this (since they didn't have to) and now that they are that's a problem too. We already know that the Saints can win games with their offense, and this is a data point suggesting that they can win with their defense too. We know that the Saints' receivers are better than they played tonight.

You said it better than I ever could BradyFTW. Wow, our WR's missed 8 perfect passes, Henderson with 3 missed and Meachem with 2 missed really struggled, we have allot of work to do,lol. The 49ers don't suck either.

^^this is the fun part of watching a young team. By the end of the year, our secondary could be anywhere from awful to awesome. The whole spectrum is in play. Linebackers too.

I completely agree, Im very excited about the team you have this year, and watching them develop. Because they will develop this year with BB involved in defense. We are really looking forward to the Sunday game vs the Bengals.

New Orleans looks very good, they can play any style of football. They seem to win most of the battles in the trenches, dominant offensive line and very good front seven. They are built to win.

New Orleans looks very good, they can play any style of football. They seem to win most of the battles in the trenches, dominant offensive line and very good front seven. They are built to win.

It was interesting seeing Payton outcoach Childress so badly. That, and the Saints ran the same counter run about 20 times, and the Vikings were still getting caught in it late.

As an interesting aside, when you see this video on union solidarity (the one finger gesture) take care to note exactly where Favre is during the whole thing. Hint: you can only see his back.

NFL Videos: Players show solidarity

It was interesting seeing Payton outcoach Childress so badly. That, and the Saints ran the same counter run about 20 times, and the Vikings were still getting caught in it late.

You find it interesting when anyone outcoaches Brad Childress?

Payton is a very good coach, the Saints imposed their will on the Vikings.

The Vikings went 12-4 last year.

There are many reasons why they went 12-4. Childress being a good coach (or even a decent one) isn't one of them.

There are many reasons why they went 12-4. Childress being a good coach (or even a decent one) isn't one of them.

And how exactly are you making that determination? I know the media likes to beat up on the guy, but we have absolutely no idea what goes on at his practices.

Sources close to the situation report Childress has popped a thumb into the bunghole of an underperforming player on more than one occasion. Your reaction?

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes