PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Saints vs. Vikings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glade you noticed that BradyFTW, but you seem to do. Jenkins was outstanding considering the shoes he has to fill. As a whole, it doesn't, seem epic, but we kept the Vikes to 9 pts, no bad.

Those darn Louisiana teams though are going to give my poor uncle a heart attack. First LSU looks ready to steamroll North Carolina before almost blowing it, then the Saints march down the field and look like they'll put up 35 points but then keep the Vikings in it.

Have mercy on the man. :)

Like one of the guys on NFLN said last night, knowing they opened against NO the Viqueens QB should have either come to camp early or stayed away until week 2... Favre is old, it's caught up with him every season over the last couple, usually down the stretch. This year it will again, only it will also show early because he's not conditioned to maintain the kind of pace he faced tonight for long. He's also got some issues to deal with on offense that will make the early going even tougher...

Saints looked like they were going to roll early and should have put up at least 20-23 if not for a missed TD catch and 2 missed can't be missed FG's.

They should still be the team to beat in the NFC. Reggie Bush remains an expensive conundrum...

I agree and its should have been a blow out, something happened, and we kept them in the game. I think it was clear at the start they couldn't beat us. But we kept failing to score. We have allot of work to do.

Those darn Louisiana teams though are going to give my poor uncle a heart attack. First LSU looks ready to steamroll North Carolina before almost blowing it, then the Saints march down the field and look like they'll put up 35 points but then keep the Vikings in it.

Have mercy on the man. :)

lol, I know exactly what your talking about.

Favre and the Vikings O was bound to be rusty. Hopefully that can stay that way all year-- until we need them to beat somebody late in the season.

Well good game. We got 1 win. The important thing is you guys do the same.
Best off luck . I think you have this, but as you have seen this is the NFL.
Get um Pats

The saints might not have won by much, but throughout the game there was a feeling that they were in the drivers seat. Especially the way they came out throwing early and transitioned to running with some authority throughout the fourth quarter. 5 point win, but I can't see the post super-bowl hangover curse carrying into this season.

The Vikings will figure everything out. There defense put in a great effort, and the offense's timing was off. Lots of near misses. That will likely change.

Congrats pherein!

The saints might not have won by much, but throughout the game there was a feeling that they were in the drivers seat. Especially the way they came out throwing early and transitioned to running with some authority throughout the fourth quarter. 5 point win, but I can't see the post super-bowl hangover curse carrying into this season.

The Vikings will figure everything out. There defense put in a great effort, and the offense's timing was off. Lots of near misses. That will likely change.

Congrats pherein!

Thanks MustaphaM0nd , seems we have more questions than answers with this first game. Lets hope you kick the Bengals butt without question, as we failed. Because if were able to get to Dallas, man there is only the Pats now. Thats epic and with out question. I hope you have a better showing than us on offense, but I guess a win is a win.

Last edited:
Thanks MustaphaM0nd , seems we have more questions than answers with this first game. Lets hope you kick the Bengals butt without question, as we failed. Because if were able to get to Dallas, man there is only the Pats now. Thats epic and with out question. I hope you have a better showing than us on offense, but I guess a win is a win.
My prediction for the NFC's representative in the Super Bowl this year is Green Bay. But if it makes you feel better, my hopes regarding the NFC Championship is very simple:

For the love of God, ANYONE but Dallas..!! :D :D :D

My prediction for the NFC's representative in the Super Bowl this year is Green Bay. But if it makes you feel better, my hopes regarding the NFC Championship is very simple:

For the love of God, ANYONE but Dallas..!! :D :D :D

lol, Dallas cant beat us wolfpack, Ive kind of proved that before. Im happy and sad about the game today. In some ways I think thats wrong, because who am I to judge the players on the Saints and there performance, Im not on that field or saw what they saw. For all I know at the beginning of the season we did well against the #1 defense in the NFL when things pan out. But we got a win.

Im more worried about your fight with the Bengals. This reminds me of when you walked into our Dome and dint play to your talents, because you might not be expecting much. Take them seriously and bury them.

This is going to be a really tough season for the Vikes especially for the offense. It was very apparent tonight that Favre should have been at training camp given how bad his passing was tonight. Even with Rice absent there's still more than enough talent on the Vikings offense to at help carry the team until Rice eventually returns.

Defense wise for the Vikings the team is still tough there. But as the Saints proved tonight keep the defense on the field long enough and they will wear out.

Anyways congrats pherein on the win for your Saints along with the SB win. With that said all I got left to say about this Sunday is....

GO PATS!!!

This is going to be a really tough season for the Vikes especially for the offense. It was very apparent tonight that Favre should have been at training camp given how bad his passing was tonight. Even with Rice absent there's still more than enough talent on the Vikings offense to at help carry the team until Rice eventually returns.

Defense wise for the Vikings the team is still tough there. But as the Saints proved tonight keep the defense on the field long enough and they will wear out.

Anyways congrats pherein on the win for your Saints along with the SB win. With that said all I got left to say about this Sunday is....

GO PATS!!!

Theres alot up in the air about this game. What if the the Vikings are still that good on offense but our defense shut them down. What if the Vikes defense sucks and our offense has a serious problem. We wont know until game 8. Got to love football.

Thanks Dem , we will be watching your game also. We wish you the best of luck, and you know why:)

Go PATS!!!

Last edited:
It was week 1. The Vikings had a lot of missing players on defense, Rice is still out, and the offense not quite on the same page. The officials also gave a gift call to the Saints when they allowed the Favre interception when the Saints defender clearly committed a penalty on the play. The Saints played well in spurts, but were inconsistent. These were the two best teams in the NFC last season, and they played another close game on Thursday.

I wouldn't think that much more could be gleaned from that game.

It was week 1. The Vikings had a lot of missing players on defense, Rice is still out, and the offense not quite on the same page. The officials also gave a gift call to the Saints when they allowed the Favre interception when the Saints defender clearly committed a penalty on the play. The Saints played well in spurts, but were inconsistent. These were the two best teams in the NFC last season, and they played another close game on Thursday.

I wouldn't think that much more could be gleaned from that game.

I agree and disagree on some things. But they have had 2 shots at us, and who has kept the Vikings to 9pts? Can the Pats defense keep the Vikes to 9 pts? I dont know yet. I dont see that as unimportant, and also dont see our offense not being able to make them look silly either, we should have.
There is a obvious inconsistency on offense, and in my opinion that is dropped balls. We had 8, and everyone saw it. If those balls where caught, it would be a 14pts difference, We need to get better.

Last edited:
I think the most important thing that you can take from this game is

Saints 1-0
Vikings 0-1

That in itself is a accomplishment , besides that yea we have alot of work to do, and if you know Brees or Payton, while your sleepin they are working on it.
Defense was impressive.

anyway this is going to be a big Sunday for your guys, good luck.

Last edited:
I am glad I didn't stay up to watch it :)

All I have to say to end this Thread, is common Patriots match us.
We need to meet at the end.

Lets see Patriots 1-0

we covered our part, lets see some wins:)

good luck guys

I agree and disagree on some things. But they have had 2 shots at us, and who has kept the Vikings to 9pts? Can the Pats defense keep the Vikes to 9 pts? I dont know yet. I dont see that as unimportant, and also dont see our offense not being able to make them look silly either, we should have.
There is a obvious inconsistency on offense, and in my opinion that is dropped balls. We had 8, and everyone saw it. If those balls where caught, it would be a 14pts difference, We need to get better.

I'll field this one: no, they can't.

ESPN's already making the Saints' struggles into a frontpage story, and I don't get it. Who cares? They won a close, hard-fought, defensive battle. Last year everyone was criticizing them for not having won like this (since they didn't have to) and now that they are that's a problem too. We already know that the Saints can win games with their offense, and this is a data point suggesting that they can win with their defense too. We know that the Saints' receivers are better than they played tonight.

Last edited:
At the moment no; but who knows what can/will happen :)

^^this is the fun part of watching a young team. By the end of the year, our secondary could be anywhere from awful to awesome. The whole spectrum is in play. Linebackers too.

^^this is the fun part of watching a young team. By the end of the year, our secondary could be anywhere from awful to awesome. The whole spectrum is in play. Linebackers too.

Exactly :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore