PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT:Russell Wilson Contract Talks=Insanity

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caroll's brain fart happened because Wilson wasted 2 timeouts on the final drive. Plus that Kearse catch never should have happened. Man had we lost that game because of that catch AND had to deal with framegate....not sure I could have taken it. Easily worst off season ever.
Agree mostly. Where I differ is on Caroll. I didn't think he made a brain fart at all. He had to run on second or third. Running on second gave him an increased chance at scoring because of the the surprise element. IT also gave him the ability to stop the clock if it didn't work. That's why it was his best option in my opinion.

Sports are all about what ifs. Same logic applies to SB46...a 100% Gronk wins that game. WW catches the ball they win that game.

Im fine with playing in reality but hypothesizing over a variable change is reasonable to think about.
No doubt, I can only imagine if Gronk had caught that last pass in SB46...oh well I'm just glad we didn't lose to Seattle. That would have been far too much.

No doubt, I can only imagine if Gronk had caught that last pass in SB46...oh well I'm just glad we didn't lose to Seattle. That would have been far too much.

Oh god...if they had lost that game...

Worst.Offseason.Ever.

Running quarterbacks don't last long in this league. Warren Moon is the only guy I can think of that lasted a full career playing at high level. A lot of people will say Wilson isn't a running quarterback but he is and I really hope he gets his deal because he'll get banged up at some point and they'll be paying 21 mill to watch him rehab.

Wilson has a knack for avoiding the big hit that his brethren lack. I don't view him as much more of an injury risk than any other QB.

I have a higher opinion of Wilson than most on this site, apparently. He isn't in Rodgers' and Brady's class, but he's still young and he's better than Tom was after three years. Good QBs are so rare and so expensive than I think Seattle would be foolish to quibble over a couple million dollars, particularly when you are dealing with a very long contract that helps you manage the cap.

Worst.Offseason.Ever.

Right. If they lost this one it would have been worse because Brady and BB would be labeled as washed up and their time is over.

Love it. hope Seattle gets stuck with that contract for a midget QB who makes questionable decisions and will have less impact as the years go on, just like all running QBs.

Worst.Offseason.Ever.
Yeah I can only imagine "Brady can't win without deflategate, 0 Sbs since spygate." Now if we can get Goody caught conspiring against the Pats can reverse all the gates against the teams and all of a sudden this is the GOAT offseason :cool:. Hell maybe your wife will even let you pick the coffee, to put the cherry on top :D

Wilson has a knack for avoiding the big hit that his brethren lack. I don't view him as much more of an injury risk than any other QB.

I have a higher opinion of Wilson than most on this site, apparently. He isn't in Rodgers' and Brady's class, but he's still young and he's better than Tom was after three years. Good QBs are so rare and so expensive than I think Seattle would be foolish to quibble over a couple million dollars, particularly when you are dealing with a very long contract that helps you manage the cap.

I respect your opinion and agree Wilson is a good QB and is ahead of Brady at year three. However, I keep getting back to the fact running QB's get hit and don't last a full career. Wilson is a good running QB but his team has been talented enough in his first three years so it wasn't necessary for him to use his skills fully.

If he signs a long term deal, when they have a down season and they need to win to make the playoff's he's oing to run and he is going to get banged up. Just my opinion.

Last edited:
One addition thought, I wonder if Seattle wins the SB had Atlanta finished that choked in 2012. They have had the 49ers number, pretty decent chance they could have beaten them.

Right. If they lost this one it would have been worse because Brady and BB would be labeled as washed up and their time is over.
Yep and much worse.

One addition thought, I wonder if Seattle wins the SB had Atlanta finished that choked in 2012. They have had the 49ers number, pretty decent chance they could have beaten them.
Maybe. That Ravens team was on a mission though...

Yeah I can only imagine "Brady can't win without deflategate, 0 Sbs since spygate." Now if we can get Goody caught conspiring against the Pats can reverse all the gates against the teams and all of a sudden this is the GOAT offseason :cool:. Hell maybe your wife will even let you pick the coffee, to put the cherry on top :D

It would be painfully unbearable on a number of levels.

Yes- she just might allow a "pity brew" of Starbucks.;)

Lynch ypc without Wilson: 4,0
Lynch ypc with Wilson: 4.6

A time will come when Wilson's defense collapses and he'll get his weapons. He'll put up numbers and maybe then will be taken seriously.

The regular season stats he puts up with mediocre weapons, a weak OL, and 6 NFC west divisional games are underrated. I'd like to see Luck in his scenario.

I like Wilson. He's a nice 2nd-3rd level QB. To say that he's better than Brady was after three years, though, is crazy talk.

One thing to remember is that signing bonuses can only be prorated over five years, even if the contract runs longer.

Wilson is not worth $22m but in the last 3 years he has been an outstanding QB.

If Avril doesn't get hurt and Carroll doesn't have a brain fart he's a 2 time SB winner.
In physics they speculate about an infinite number of parallel universes, each differentiated by a different outcome which is then propagated in it's own universe. Luckily, we live in this version.

Yeah. Same goes for Mevis. Im glad he got his money. The jets are screwed.

Eh, the Jets are always screwed. :p Revis should have signed with the Colts or something.

In physics they speculate about an infinite number of parallel universes, each differentiated by a different outcome which is then propagated in it's own universe. Luckily, we live in this version.

That sounds like a lot of outcomes get possible quick. Can I choose mine?

The Jets suck in all parallel universes...PLUS...all orthogonal, rectangular and oblique universes too.

And I assume god personally told him to be greedy and get as much money as possible or does he not confer with god on money matters?
The more Wilson gets, the bigger the tithe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft