PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT Rumor ⁛ Titans Shopping Derrick Henry?

Pape

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score

This is mildly shocking to me... The Titans Offense runs through Derrick Henry... Literally, no one else on that roster topped 150 yards rushing last year... Their receiving corps has to be one of the worst in the league on top of that...

2023 is effectively the last year of his deal, though there are a few void years tacked on... He does hit the dreaded 30 in 2024, so they may be reticent to extend his deal... But still, they have nothing else...

This is mildly shocking to me... The Titans Offense runs through Derrick Henry... Literally, no one else on that roster topped 150 yards rushing last year... Their receiving corps has to be one of the worst in the league on top of that...

2023 is effectively the last year of his deal, though there are a few void years tacked on... He does hit the dreaded 30 in 2024, so they may be reticent to extend his deal... But still, they have nothing else...

.term

Guys like Henry tend to do a fast fade after a few years of heavy use absorbing tons of contact. I'm not surprised.

Guys like Henry tend to do a fast fade after a few years of heavy use absorbing tons of contact. I'm not surprised.
I get that, but they literally have no one else

Henry is $16M cap hit, and the team has gone downhill the last few years. Can they compete any longer with the great AFC QB's?

Rebuild?

He's 29 this year, which is approaching the dreaded 30 threshold where RB's (in general) lose a ton of value. He's also a guy who's been used A LOT, so there's wear on those tires that most backs don't have. He's still effective, but if you're the Titans, and it looks like the Jaguars are on the rise in that division with their guy at QB, you might be thinking about a reset to better set yourself up to compete. Henry may not be the same guy in 2 to 3 years when that reset is complete.

They probably will draft a RB. His age and the fact they're shopping him are telltale.

Seems like they know their window has closed and they aren’t winning anything with or without henry. Might as well go into rebuild mode, he doesn’t have many years left as as elite back.

The Bills picking up Henry wouldn't be ideal...
This was my first thought. They give him a two year deal and run him into the ground.

I don't think the Titans will find a trade partner, meaning they'll have to make a decision on keeping him this year or dumping him.

The Bills picking up Henry wouldn't be ideal...
They need to clear some cap space first... easy enough to do, but still...
I don't think the Titans will find a trade partner, meaning they'll have to make a decision on keeping him this year or dumping him.
I wouldn't offer anything higher than a 6th... and only because we have like 1000 of them this year...

It's the Bill school of move them a year too soon as opposed to a year too late.

With the quality of the free agent and rookie classes plus the lack of teams with a need at the position I think it would be a bad year to move him, unless their goal is a full rebuild.

With the quality of the free agent and rookie classes plus the lack of teams with a need at the position I think it would be a bad year to move him, unless their goal is a full rebuild.
Tannehill isn't taking them to the promise land. I have to think they realize their window is closed and turn it all over to the new GM as a complete rebuild.

Yes , DH has been a great back. Often injured that pas few seasons and the injuries have slowed his ability some.. he's still a heck of a back ,but didn't he not to long ago get a nice contract?

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back