PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Rozelle vs. Goodell from a 51-year reporter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would anyone think this kid would grow up to love money more than the game.

Vecsey-1-popup.jpg

I like the rumor/theory that Goodell is doing exactly what the owners want - taking the heat while implementing their changes.

It makes so much sense it's why I'm very pessimistic that this guy will ever be shown the ****ing door despite being one of the most despised people in America.

The well of TV revenue is not infinite. Watch how cable is losing viewers to alternative streaming forms and ask if the networks will ( or can afford to) pay the next big contract.. Will ESPN overpay for the crap game weekly?? It will be interesting when Goodell demands billions more and the networks decide they cant afford it and decide not to get in a bidding war.....The golden goose wont be so golden...

Thats why deals with Yahoo, Google, Amazon and other M&E companies like Sony, Comcast and TWC is critical to the NFL's reach strategy.

Vito Stellino is the ultimate Patriot hater who especially despises Belichick. Its surprising to hear him be so dismissive and critical of deflategate. He must really hate Roger.
He can still hate them and see the truth;)

Vecsey-1-popup.jpg

But, but SI said he is "protecting the game he loves".

(Just not sure how they got the words out with his wizzer in their mouths.)

As I've expressed before, the problem with the Commissioner can be summed up in 2 words, one of which is a contraction: he's dumb.

Vecsey-1-popup.jpg

Vecsey-1-popup.jpg
The pompous bastard never wanted for anything...... 54 million a yr??? What a self righteous, spoiled prick. The NFL wants fans to buy pink merch so the NFL can give 8% to the charity, yet this ass makes that kind of money. No, one individual should make that much money. ...And have the Nads to charge fans so much money to watch a live game. We really are suckers.:(

I am curious about how the owners feel. Goodell's entire tenure has been filled with conspiracies and scandals.

I know it is wishful thinking but I hope that with an appeal loss in court and a hopefully negative PR hit via the concussion movie that the owners will decide to cut their losses and get rid of Goodell.

Roger Goodell is the Terrell Owens of commissioners.

Sure he does some good things for you, but after awhile he's just not worth it anymore and it's time to move on.

He can still hate them and see the truth;)
Yeah and when Stellino goes on repeated (yet entertaining) tirades about how belichick is totally overrated because he rides Tom Brady his hate obscures the truth.

Vecsey-1-popup.jpg

I would have rather have seen these childhood photos of Roger but they probably don't exist. He definitely needed a few. Spoiled freakin POS.

images

upload_2015-12-14_16-6-15.jpeg

Yeah and when Stellino goes on repeated (yet entertaining) tirades about how belichick is totally overrated because he rides Tom Brady his hate obscures the truth.

Agree or not that is at least a reasonable debate to have.

That the Pats cheat and have an unfair advantage over other teams is a bogus argument without basis in fact, and is a fabrication teams and fans use to explain their own ineptness to themselves.

It makes it easier for them to justify to the man in the mirror.

This is what you need to know about Rozelle.

In 1969 Namath opened up a bar called Bachelors III in Manhattan. Soon after opening high-ranking - with Joe's knowledge, members of the Colombo Crime Family used the bar as a bookmaking joint and ran meetings in the back of the place. Rozelle told Joe to give up interest in it or be suspended. No Ted Wells-type groups. Just a stern ultimatum.

What would have Ginger-****head have done?

In 1969 Namath opened up a bar called Bachelors III in Manhattan. Soon after opening high-ranking - with Joe's knowledge, members of the Colombo Crime Family used the bar as a bookmaking joint and ran meetings in the back of the place. Rozelle told Joe to give up interest in it or be suspended. No Ted Wells-type groups. Just a stern ultimatum.

It was the Rats, so he would probably have given Joe a stern look, with the threat of other stern looks, and even exasperated sighs, to follow.

My p
My point is that it gives even more legitimacy, given that guy hates the Pats. Take what you can get. There's not many in our corner

Gotten in on the bookmaking himself?

I am curious about how the owners feel. Goodell's entire tenure has been filled with conspiracies and scandals.

I know it is wishful thinking but I hope that with an appeal loss in court and a hopefully negative PR hit via the concussion movie that the owners will decide to cut their losses and get rid of Goodell.

I think that you're on to something Tony. In July the NFL hired Tod Leiweke, who was most recently the CEO of the NHL’s TB Lightning, as Chief Operating Officer of the NFL. The COO position had been vacant since Goodell had it right before he took over as commissioner from Tagliabue. I don't think this is a coincidence. Goodell is not some sort of Midas that has the magic touch. Any competent executive can make the owners money while reducing the drama and bad PR.

They think the money keeps rolling in.

If Goodell was commissioner when Rozelle was, the league would have folded.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
Back