PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Roethlisberger possibly sitting out this Sunday

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am really surprised... doubly so since Batch is unavailable.

If the Ravens can't win this one, I dunno - looks like Pitt is in very deep trouble in the playoff picture. If the Broncos had lost... but with a Denver team at 7-4, can they really afford to lose many more ? And can they really beat the Ravens (who, like us, should have beaten Indy) with Dixon ?

Sucks for my fantasy team, but despite the Steelers being my least favourite team, I gotta applaud Big Ben for taking the game off. Between Motorcycle accidents and the his less-than-stellar O line, his noggin has taken a pounding and that can't be a good thing. Even though the Steelers' playoff chances will take a hit if they lose, better to have Ben miss one game now, then the rest of the season (or maybe longer) if he gets his bell rung twice in two weeks.

Worthlessberger is definitely overrated, but he helps his team win games. Any way you spin it, this could be a major loss for the Steelers' playoff hopes.

Most important thing, as always, is the player's health. Too many careers and lives have been cut short due to recurrent head injuries.

Yeah, I wonder if he still doesn't wear a helmet when he's on his motorcycle. :rolleyes:

Rapistburger has always seemed like a bit of a waterhead to me anyways. I can certainly see an Ali like future for him.

Roethlisberger will play. As many people have said. It's very disappointing to see how fame has turned into this much of a drama queen. I used to like him since he had so much in common with Brady. i.e. Coming off the bench and taking his team to the Super Bowl.

I didn't think Roethlisberger will play (although he is supposed to be the emergency QB and Dixon's play could signal an emergency pretty quick). The Steelers are in serious danger of missing the playoffs if he is out this weekend and any longer. The division is almost out of reach for them and there are a lot of teams in the AFC with six or seven wins fighting for those last two spots. A loss to Baltimore tomorrow may pretty much eliminate them from the division.

Roethlisberger will play. As many people have said. It's very disappointing to see how fame has turned into this much of a drama queen. I used to like him since he had so much in common with Brady. i.e. Coming off the bench and taking his team to the Super Bowl.

He has NOTHING in common with Brady. He's in many respects the anthesis of Brady. And he never came off the bench and took his team to a SB. He went 14-0 off the bench in his rookie season only to get ***** slapped by BB in the playoffs that year. They didn't win his first SB until his second season. And they did it despite Ben turning in the worst QB rating for a winning QB in SB history. In the playoffs his performances have been nothing short of...erratic. Off the field...borderline moronic. He's been a pre emptive excuse maker since day one, and that drove Cowher nuts.

I didn't think Roethlisberger will play (although he is supposed to be the emergency QB and Dixon's play could signal an emergency pretty quick). The Steelers are in serious danger of missing the playoffs if he is out this weekend and any longer. The division is almost out of reach for them and there are a lot of teams in the AFC with six or seven wins fighting for those last two spots. A loss to Baltimore tomorrow may pretty much eliminate them from the division.

Makes no sense to have him on the active roster as #3. If it's so bad they need him they might as well start him. What would be the point in bringing him in with no backup or dug into a hole... If he's not OK to start, how could they play him at all? Stupid.

Guy's going to have some serious problems when he gets old.

Sadly, "old" for him (or any NFL player with concussion issues) will probably be 35.

He has NOTHING in common with Brady. He's in many respects the anthesis of Brady. And he never came off the bench and took his team to a SB. He went 14-0 off the bench in his rookie season only to get ***** slapped by BB in the playoffs that year. They didn't win his first SB until his second season. And they did it despite Ben turning in the worst QB rating for a winning QB in SB history. In the playoffs his performances have been nothing short of...erratic. Off the field...borderline moronic. He's been a pre emptive excuse maker since day one, and that drove Cowher nuts.

I thought he came off the bench when Maddox was hurt and took the Steelers to Super Bowl XL and beat the Seahawks? Perhaps I'm mistaken.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News