PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: RIP - Shane MacGowan - Pour a Sip

Love the Pogues music... Stuff they did with Ronnie Drew & the Chieftans is crazy good, and well worth a listen... Sad news to hear... Coming up threes there, Shaney boy...

RIP Shane

Last edited:
Yeah I did an RIP in the PUB. So many classics whether covers, duets, etc. He had gotten out of the hospital a few days ago. Very sad.

It was Christmas eve babe... in the drunk tank... an old man said to me "Won't see another one..."

One of the GOATs of Christmas carols.
“I could have been someone
Well so could anyone"

Gotta be one of the most vicious lines in a song, especially one about a couple at Christmas.

But he doesn’t leave it there. He follows with the hope of redemption. Such a great lyric.

“You took my dreams from me
When I first found you
I kept them with me babe
I put them with my own
Can't make it all alone
I've built my dreams around you”

I saw the Pogues only once, at the Orpheum Theater downtown, maybe 1988 give or take a year... I don't remember a whole lot of the concert; not too shocking when considering we were getting hammered at Friar Tuck's around the corner then baked on our stroll to the theater before it even started...
I do remember that they played all their songs loudly, not many ballads, and that Shane appeared to be in, as Brady once called it, a lubricated state of mind: I could understand barely a word he sang/spoke, except for This one's for Mrs Thatcher...

Suaimhneas siorai, Shane... There probably won't be anyone quite like you again.

Sinéad and Shane this year and amazingly to me, it is nearly 6 years since Dolores O'Riordan's passing.
A lot of talent sadly gone in person but their music will always be with us thankfully.

RIP, Shane. The music world has lost a true gem.

MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Back