PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Ravens Insider: Mismanaged Browns are a Joke

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeSixPat

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
I’d call this “bulletin board” material but are there any players in Cleveland who would argue?

Ravens Insider: Mismanaged Browns are a joke - The inside scoop and analysis on the team from The Baltimore Sun's Ravens columnist and Ravens beat writer. - baltimoresun.com

Mike Preston doesn’t exactly beat around the bush with a three paragraph column that lands more than a few blows as the Ravens prepare to play them.

"The Browns deserve what they have gotten with Mangini. He turned on his former mentor in Bill Belichick, and has done the same with former Browns general manager George Kokinis. Kokinis has always been a decent man, and was well thought of when he was with the Ravens.

OUCH!

We all thrive on good bulletin board material for the Patriots. But these are some painful blows... of course none really reflecting poorly on the players.

Still - to have the Ravens blog be putting this up 2 days before a MNF game against the team where they were "stolen" from shows a lot of chutzpah. That alone should be taken as a personal afront by the team.

Mangini sure has created a great reputation for himself throughout this too

Last edited:
BB was right when he said mangini wasnt ready to be a head coach yet, if he would have listened he may have been a good HC and had staying power. As it looks now this will be his last HC job in the NFL.

It's the disloyalty factor that will end his NFL career. This is a fraternity and you don't last long when you consistently screw with your brothers.

That said, I read at PFT that Kokinis has hired Upshaw's former pit bull Jeffrey Kessler, the union lawyer who browbeat ownership and the union into a CBA so bad for the game that ownership had to opt out. Won't play well for league arbitration, but if it gets to court this guy will air all the dirty laundry and that may be the card Kokinis is playing. This is like a slam dunk settlement for the league if Kokinis plays the total football authority card right. His friends in Baltimore would certainly have demanded compensation for him absent that being included in his contract with Cleveland, and if it was only included as a pretense to defraud Baltimore of compensation...:eek:

I have a feeling the shirts in NY arranged for/recommended Mangini to get his second chance in Cleveland because of what transpired in cameragate. Lerner reportedly leans on the league office for advice and counsel, they in turn are tight with Tannenbaum and several including the commissioner and his henchman Ray Anderson have JETS ties. Anderson was the one who wrote the infamous pre season letter BB was in violation of and I believe he in turn influenced the rookie commissioner to go for the jugular when Bill violated it's spirit.

I also have a feeling the shirts are growing impatient with Eric as he morphs into a real management headache on multiple levels.

It's the disloyalty factor that will end his NFL career. This is a fraternity and you don't last long when you consistently screw with your brothers.

That said, I read at PFT that Kokinis has hired Upshaw's former pit bull Jeffrey Kessler, the union lawyer who browbeat ownership and the union into a CBA so bad for the game that ownership had to opt out. Won't play well for league arbitration, but if it gets to court this guy will air all the dirty laundry and that may be the card Kokinis is playing. This is like a slam dunk settlement for the league if Kokinis plays the total football authority card right. His friends in Baltimore would certainly have demanded compensation for him absent that being included in his contract with Cleveland, and if it was only included as a pretense to defraud Baltimore of compensation...:eek:

I have a feeling the shirts in NY arranged for/recommended Mangini to get his second chance in Cleveland because of what transpired in cameragate. Lerner reportedly leans on the league office for advice and counsel, they in turn are tight with Tannenbaum and several including the commissioner and his henchman Ray Anderson have JETS ties. Anderson was the one who wrote the infamous pre season letter BB was in violation of and I believe he in turn influenced the rookie commissioner to go for the jugular when Bill violated it's spirit.

I also have a feeling the shirts are growing impatient with Eric as he morphs into a real management headache on multiple levels.

That's an interesting theory. You have to think that SOMEONE was pushing Mangini quite hard with him landing a job 8 days after getting fired... with no one else pressing to claim Mangini and Lerner acting quickly for no real good reason.

One part left out of your theory is why Goodell would have any interest in helping Mangini salvage his head coaching career.

My theory on that would be that Mangnini had already demonstrated a propensity to "sing" about anything embarrassing or harmful to his previous organization and/or any role that the Commissioner may have had in, say, shuttling a certain QB to the Jets.

"Get me a job or else" could have been the spoken or unspoken message from Mangini to Goodell.

If these allegations about the league office, comissioner, the Jets and Mangini are substantively true, then I'm WICKED pissed.

Funny how there is always a stench about the Jets like the so called tampering case with Crabtree and yet nothing serious comes about. Could it be a coincidence that the former Jets employee occupying Tagliabue's chair has something to do about it.

Last edited:
Well apparently the NFLPA is heading back to Cleveland to see if Mangnini's claims that practices are appropriate and are two hours and only two hours long are actually true...

NFLPA heading to Cleveland | ProFootballTalk.com

He may have backed himself into a corner on this one. This would be more bad PR than anything else but the Browns and Mangini don't need one more ounce of bad PR.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back