PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Quinn shines again, but are RAC and Charlie feuding??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting rumor - but you gotta wonder who the source is regardless of whether its true or not.

My money's on Weis. It's obviously not RAC - there's nothing to gain there... Quinn and his agent really don't need to be fanning the flames like this now that he's signed - though obviously they benefit from his starts.

The way I see it this is part of Weis' need to show recruits that he's going to fight hard for them. Charlie has no right to expect any one to draft any player anywhere - nor to chide them for a well played strategy that saw them get the guy they wanted MUCH later in the first round.

Beyond that someone should give RAC credit. If he were only concerned about the short term and holding onto his job, starting Quinn would be a no brainer - as it stands he knows that nearly every young QB benefits from being eased into the pressure of a starting role... i.e. Romeo's doing the right thing for the long term of the franchise by being cautious with the kid.

It doesn't sound like it's RAC's call though. And it should be. This was something Savage apparently announced to the media prior to Quinn's appearance in the game last night. That's the kind of crap BB has never had to put up with because of his one voice rule.

I caught some of this game last night. Didn't see Frye or Anderson for comparison but Quinn looked really sharp against Denver's first string.
Charlie Frye moved the team well against Denver, the Denver TV announcers were talking about the LT being a problem when Derek Anderson was in, I wasn't watching closely enough to note who was in at LT. Quinn's first drive was good. I just think Savage's remark that Quinn won't be starting actually derives from RAC giving Charlie Frye a chance to fight for his job and give Quinn a little longer to develop - and no, I'm not a Savage fan by any means.

EDIT: Kosar is biatching about Quinn not being tested with more intermediate and long throws during Quinns second drive. Based on that, and the previous Savage remarks, I suspect Quinn has yet to absorb the full offense.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call