PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Official 2020 Tompa Bay Gronkaneers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I completely disagree. I think now it’s almost a lock that Godwin will be back. At worst they will tag him at 16M. Godwin said he wants to come back. BA and Lycht said they want him back long term.
I agree. I love Jules so much and even feel he should be in serious talks for HOF (though I know it's a longshot), but he'd be a downgrade. Godwin is the better and more durable player at this point in their respective careers.

They don’t need Edelman to replace Godwin. They already have Tyler Johnson and Brady had a clear rapport with him in limited reps. Edelman’s close to done, IMO. The injuries have, unfortunately, taken their toll from the looks of it.
Yeah. Bucs have better slot players than Jules. They most likely go after James White. He is the player they really need.

Nobody is looking at your avatar and taking your opinion about football seriously. Come to think of it, I don’t think I’ve ever seen a quality post out of you from an X’s and O’s standpoint. You’re pretty much completely worthless here. A commenter whose posts probably get scrolled past by most people here. Perhaps that’s why you’re trolling... badly? To try to get attention. But there’s always a chance to redeem yourself. Maybe you can break down the 2000 Ravens and how they defended their opponents (coverages, gap assignments, blitz packages, etc) for us to tell us why it was a better run? I won’t hold my breath, though. I enjoy being alive.
s7qjT24.gif

They don’t need Edelman to replace Godwin. They already have Tyler Johnson and Brady had a clear rapport with him in limited reps. Edelman’s close to done, IMO. The injuries have, unfortunately, taken their toll from the looks of it.

For Edelman's own sake, I hope he retires. Gave it all and should have zero regrets. Soon to be 35 and has dealt with big injuries in 3 of the last 4 seasons, along with a huge decline in quickness.

Yeah. Bucs have better slot players than Jules. They most likely go after James White. He is the player they really need.
And the one they should target the most. I wouldn't be surprised in the least if it happens. Tampa and Miami are only about 4hrs apart.

Brady will be extended. That saves about 20 million this year alone. I wouldn’t overpay for barrett. Barrett came to tampa and he started to dominate. That’s because of a guy like vea. He was never great in denver.

For Edelman's own sake, I hope he retires. Gave it all and should have zero regrets. Soon to be 35 and has dealt with big injuries in 3 of the last 4 seasons, along with a huge decline in quickness.
I think it was Curran who wrote pertaining to JEs knee, at this point it's really a question of how much pain he can handle and surgery is not something that can help alleviate it.

The only reason I'd slightly disagree is because I would hate for his magnificent career to end on the kind of season he had in 2020. He deserves and should want to go out being productive, even if not for a contender. Also, leaving on last year's note would further hurt his already long odds to make the HOF, and I really hope to see that happen.

Brady will be extended. That saves about 20 million this year alone. I wouldn’t overpay for barrett. Barrett came to tampa and he started to dominate. That’s because of a guy like vea. He was never great in denver.
I also would let Barrett walk if his asking price is stupid. He really was not a huge factor this season until the NFCCG, which seems to directly correlate to Vea's return (which I feel hasn't been discussed enough in the media).

The only reason I'd slightly disagree is because I would hate for his magnificent career to end on the kind of season he had in 2020. He deserves and should want to go out being productive, even if not for a contender. Also, leaving on last year's note would further hurt his already long odds to make the HOF, and I really hope to see that happen.

When things get really ugly due to age and injury, the chances are they'll get even uglier with another season. I think his legacy in in tact, and another season jogging around as a shell of himself probably won't increase his Hall of Fame chances.

I could see James White to Tampa.
I’m fine with it. And I’ll miss white but I also feel Harris/michel will be fine. And I’m intrigued by jj Taylor; think he can handle a bump in playing time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
Back