PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: NFL & union hold positive talks on proposed 18-game season

Status
Not open for further replies.
18 Game Season = WORST. IDEA. EVER.

Not one poster in this thread likes it so far. I can't imagine it's any more popular with the general public.

What the hell are the owners thinking? Unless it's a trojan horse bargaining chip that will be dropped once the PA drops one of their demands.

I don´t think it has to be popular in the terms you use, people only need to keep watching.

And that´s the thing. I hate the idea for so many reasons (more meaningless games, every in-season statistic achievment will be rewritten and on and on), but **** me sideways if I will miss a single game, nevermind lose my passion for the game.

The product is just too good and stretching it to 18 games a season not nearly radical enough to provoke a proper outcry. IMO

18 games will turn the NFL into the National Pansy League, there will be so many rules to protect the players to insure that there will be enough standing on week 18, 19, 20 and 21.

Think that this is motivated purely by cash flow, not for the fans or the players.

I hate the idea. But we all know it's going to happen. The almighty dollar will prevail.

Casual fans think it's a good idea and haven't really thought it through imo.

The CFL currently has an 18 game season, usually what happens is the teams that have their division locked up (and a bye to the conference final) play their second stringers agaisnt teams that are still
batlling for a playoff spot. Really screws up the competition. I see the same thing happenning in the NFL.

Not the same thing though. The CFL only has 8 teams (or is it nine?). Big difference there.

I think they should re-align the divisions, maybe cut it to four divisions with 8 teams each. Add a second bye.

Being a division winner would mean a lot more. There would be more inter-division post-season battles, which results in better games.

Something like that.

I'm not totally against this idea. Would like it if they expand the rosters, add a second bye week, and have teams only play other teams in their conference.

i do not like it either

i love the NFL as it is now

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes