PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: MNF KC vs. LV

upstater1

Hall of Fame Poster
Reaction score
Josh just lost his mind.

Raiders get a TD and the score is 30-29 KC with 4 minutes left.

Rather than kick the XP, he goes for the 2 point conversion and messes it up.

Now, KC was still going to get the ball, but now they can run it out, no pressure, because they're already ahead. They're not playing to score any more.

This is beyond dumb.

WOW

New rule: if you go for 2 and don’t get it you lose a point.

************ I hate these morons.

They had the ball at the end with a legit chance to win. That helped offset the bad call. What really screwed LV is that absurd defensive holding called on them on KC's missed field goal. 7 point swing because a few plays later KC scores a TD instead of a turnover on downs. When the hell was the last time you've seen a defensive holding call on a field goal for an automatic first down?

Also, despite all of that, for what they gave up to get Devante Adams, he HAS to make a clean catch at the end on 3rd & 1. That bobble screwed them.

Josh realized he was a huge Jack ass in Denver and changed his personality and attitude. I commend him for that. The players actually like him now

Unfortunately he is not a good head coach. He belongs on a team as an offensive coordinator/QB coach

"Analytics" has made coaches stupid. Seriously. That was a no brainer kick for 1 situation. There is no scenario where the 2 pt makes sense.

Only reason I could see going for two in that scenario is if you were mathematically eliminated from the playoffs.

4.27 minutes left? What the hell was that? I get Jacobs was roasting them all night but wow.

"Analytics" has made coaches stupid. Seriously. That was a no brainer kick for 1 situation. There is no scenario where the 2 pt makes sense.
There actually is, he saw it as a situation where he had more opportunities to win the game than downsides. only down side was chiefs scoring on next possession. If you remove that, he has specials teams kicking, chances of a fumble or muff is that, his defense were now playing well and had figured out who to stop finally, the chiefs kicker is a rookie who will be under some pressure. His offense were moving the ball well so all they needed was a stop and a field goal if needed. Something like that. I will not have done that, but I can see the logic.

AnAlYTICz. Honestly, this crazy go-for-it on every fourth down and always go-for-two has taken a lot of joy out of watching non-Belichick coached football. Once Belichick is done, I’m likely done.

Josh just lost his mind.

Raiders get a TD and the score is 30-29 KC with 4 minutes left.

Rather than kick the XP, he goes for the 2 point conversion and messes it up.

Now, KC was still going to get the ball, but now they can run it out, no pressure, because they're already ahead. They're not playing to score any more.

This is beyond dumb.

WOW
It was the correct call. Go back to the caveman days. This isn't the 60's.

1. If he makes 2 pts, they take the lead.
2. If they stop KC, which they did, then
3. They can run out the clock for the win w/o having to drive it down the field for a score.

It just takes cojones to make that call. Bill wouldn't have made that call.

They had the ball at the end with a legit chance to win. That helped offset the bad call. What really screwed LV is that absurd defensive holding called on them on KC's missed field goal. 7 point swing because a few plays later KC scores a TD instead of a turnover on downs. When the hell was the last time you've seen a defensive holding call on a field goal for an automatic first down?

Also, despite all of that, for what they gave up to get Devante Adams, he HAS to make a clean catch at the end on 3rd & 1. That bobble screwed them.
Shades of that Jets game New England lost after the game was over and the Patriots won.

Beyond stupid. Ridiculously bad.

They lost because of that idiocy.

You're damn right Belichick doesn't make that dumb call.

1. If he makes 2 pts, they take the lead.
2. If they stop KC, which they did, then
3. They can run out the clock for the win w/o having to drive it down the field for a score.

It just takes cojones to make that call. Bill wouldn't have made that call.
The Bolded is all you needed to post.

Beyond stupid. Ridiculously bad.

They lost because of that idiocy.

You're damn right Belichick doesn't make that dumb call.
Only p*ssies don't make that call.

AnAlYTICz. Honestly, this crazy go-for-it on every fourth down and always go-for-two has taken a lot of joy out of watching non-Belichick coached football. Once Belichick is done, I’m likely done.
Whuh huh? Teams going for it on 4th down has taken the joy out of watching football? You'd rather see a punt...?

I don't think most people enjoy the same thing about football games that you do.

Good sportsmanship:

Yea I don't think it's as bad as people are making it out to be. Getting the stop on D was crucial to justify the 2 point attempt, and they did.

Even if they took the 1 XP to tie 30-30, they still need to stop KC (they did)... and that puts them right back to where they were anyway: with the ball at the end, and a chance to kick a FG to win. If anything, KC might have been more aggressive on that drive if it were tied 30-30.

The players love coaches with cojones. They want the coaches to trust them and have their backs. It's a game of alpha males not old decrepit saggy titted men or ****ified wimps.

Yea I don't think it's as bad as people are making it out to be.

Even if they took the 1 XP to tie 30-30, they still need to stop KC (which they did)... and that puts them right back to where they were anyway: with the ball at the end, and a chance to kick a FG to win.
But if they make the 2 pt conversion, they don't even need to score again. It was the correct call. Only wimps play not to lose.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back