PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: LOL Cowboys' New Stadium

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea, its a jealousy issue. New England is the team of the decade, playing in a relatively new stadium without any flaws. Meanwhile, Jerry Jones builds a stadium at a cost of 1 1/2 Billion dollars and its really, really, great. The one problem tho, you can't punt on 4th down.

I'm having the grand opening of my basement bar for the opening of MNF. Any additional suggestions for recipes would be appreciated.

I can understand the TV for a multi purpose facility. It's probably useful concerts/WWE/rodeo....

However, this is the guy who Had Jessica Simpson at games. Anyone ever see Giselle, the world's top model?

My guess is this "thing" happened because it's the biggest/gaudiest thing going and any type of publicity is saught.

I have lived in Texas and really enjoyed the state. Dallas is a very pretentious city so it does fit.

The stadium sits on a lot of shale oil, which Jerry Jones is now getting money for. The stadium was a good reason to acquire property from the people who used to have houses there.

We'd be asking why the hell it was only 90 feet above the playing surface when the team's kicker had already proven that he could boom it that high.

That will be fixed.

Ah, so they're "fixing" the kickers to make sure they can't hit 90 feet?

The reason they have domes in the South is because in September and sometimes October, its really freakin' hot. So rather than sit outside in 95 degree weather, just sit in a 75 degree dome. Now i dont know why Jacksonville doesn't have one though. I've been there for a Georgia-Florida game in October and it's still really hot and humid.

You actually got into the stadium? You lucky dog. I had to stand around in 90 degree heat in the middle of The Landing with thousands upon thousands of drunks. Now, I've been piss drunk as well everytime I went, but that still doesn't make the sweat go away.

Are you going this year?

From what I've heard, the gigantic video screen dwarfs the action on the field and actually draws attention AWAY from the field. That seems bizarre. Also, they sell 35,000 (!) standing-room tickets. How on earth can more than a small percentage of those people actually see the field? It sounds like a dysfunctional monstrosity.

Jerry Jones is riding a wave. He did not create the ocean.

Luxury seat people (you know, the game is secondary to the chablis the waiter brings them) want to see the close up of the coach's reaction to the replay of the WR's TD celebration.

Real fans (people who actually care about the game) will watch at home on big screen TVs. (And get beer during commercials.)

When the unwashed actually go to a game, they will feel at home.

Jerry Jones is a genius. A genius who needs to raise his "Jimmy-tron" or lower the field.

From what I've heard, the gigantic video screen dwarfs the action on the field and actually draws attention AWAY from the field. That seems bizarre. Also, they sell 35,000 (!) standing-room tickets. How on earth can more than a small percentage of those people actually see the field? It sounds like a dysfunctional monstrosity.

Balconies just for the standing room only crowds in the corners, hold a couple of hundred each. A large area beyond the end zone seats as well could hold a thousand or two each. That plus they probably find space in every open area to allow people to stand...it adds up.

During the pre-game warm ups a couple of punters hit the mega big screen TV. Sure enough, during the game, the Titans punter hits the screen and the ball drops straight down. Jerry Jones says there are no plans to move the screen up.
I'm no engineer, but, couldn't they have figured that one out? Heck, you spend over a billion you'd think they would get that right.
Stadium woes: If it's on the video, it's in the game? - NFL News - FOX Sports on MSN

I found that pretty funny myself. Apparently if you kick a punt with significant hang time and distance (which I think is a good thing ) it's easy to hit the video board. I sure hope the NFL rules committee doesn't make some sort of exception in Dallas!

Re: OT: LOL Cowboy's New Stadium

Yeah I seen the highlights of what happened, you'd think all of that time and money spent on the stadium you would of thought they'd make enough room between the screen and the field so that punters wouldn't be nailing that thing lol.

Jerry Jones seems to be blaming it on the punters and not the engineers. UGH!

The first thing I thought of when I saw pictures of that behemoth hanging down in the stadium...was that it is going to cast some goofy shadows on the field during day games.
I will be interested to see if that will be design flaw #2

Another problem is that the Dallas stadium was built with Soccer in mind, you guys wanna bid for the world cup again in a few years.

Another problem is that the Dallas stadium was built with Soccer in mind, you guys wanna bid for the world cup again in a few years.

Trying to get the World Cup is beside the point, all the new stadiums were built with hosting soccer matches in mind. Qwest Field and Gillette Stadium were built with MLS teams in mind.

Last edited:
Trying to get the World Cup is beside the point, all the new stadiums were built with hosting soccer matches in mind. Qwest Field and Gillette Stadium were built with MLS teams in mind.

And thank heavens for it. Having soccer as a summer multi-use alternative is a big improvement on the days where you had to build football/baseball facilities.

And thank heavens for it. Having soccer as a summer multi-use alternative is a big improvement on the days where you had to build football/baseball facilities.

Personally, I'd rather watch paint dry than soccer. Of course, I feel that way about tennis, golf and basketball. :)

If Kraft was REALLY smart, he'd find a way to host woman's beach volleyball games. THAT might easily draw capacity crowds in the summer ... :singing:

Personally, I'd rather watch paint dry than soccer. Of course, I feel that way about tennis, golf and basketball. :)

If Kraft was REALLY smart, he'd find a way to host woman's beach volleyball games. THAT might easily draw capacity crowds in the summer ... :singing:

Swing the idea by him...seemed to be a big hit when they came to Quincy last year.

Oh, I wasn't praisiing the sport, just the effect on stadium design. IMO football & soccer cohabitate a lot better than football and baseball (or beach volleyball :)).

Oh, I wasn't praisiing the sport, just the effect on stadium design. IMO football & soccer cohabitate a lot better than football and baseball (or beach volleyball :)).

Just playing the wag... I'm in a rather pissy mood today because there is a move underfoot in my local school system to drop football and replace it with soccer. The supporters are trying to play the "Violence" card and say that football breeds violence where soccer breeds better relations, teamwork, blather blather blather. Typical argument from folks who don't understand the game. :rolleyes:

Just playing the wag... I'm in a rather pissy mood today because there is a move underfoot in my local school system to drop football and replace it with soccer. The supporters are trying to play the "Violence" card and say that football breeds violence where soccer breeds better relations, teamwork, blather blather blather. Typical argument from folks who don't understand the game. :rolleyes:

Just bring in some of the hooligan write ups about soccer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
Back