PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: LOL Cowboys' New Stadium

Status
Not open for further replies.
I live on the left coast so some Pats games start at 10am. Really sucks.

That will be fixed.

Then quit trolling threads. The issue wasn't jealousy, it was a kicker hitting the damned thing.

Wow, look at all the jealous people in this thread. I wonder what your posts would be if the Pats had a huge TV like that at Gilette.

Bad comparison, Gillette isn't a domed stadium like Cowboys Stadium so it would never be suspended above the field let alone reachable by a kick. If anything it would be beyond the end zones like scoreboards should be.

Here's a shot of the culpret here...notice what stadium is shown on the screen :D

Last edited:
Who has time to grill on NFL Sunday? My bean dip takes 15 minutes to make. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees, take a glass dish and spread some cream cheese on the bottom, mix a layer Hormel chili (with and without beans) over the cream cheese, then sprinkle a layer of shredded cheese over the chili, place in oven for approximately 15 minutes (or until shredded cheese is melted), take out, dip tortilla chip in dip, eat, and enjoy. :cool: Much easier and goes down great with beer.

Buddy, sprinkle some chopped scallions on top before baking. It's only takes an extra minute and adds flavor and color.

Now Cowboy fans not only have to worry about their team imploding but the big giant tv screen too.

Buddy, sprinkle some chopped scallions on top before baking. It's only takes an extra minute and adds flavor and color.

Ah, good stuff. Never thought of that.

Ah, good stuff. Never thought of that.

A few years ago I made some traditional Brit style Bangers & Mash for a game. It's a layer of thoroughly cooked and sliced sausages in a casserole dish covered in onion gravey and then covered with mashed potatoes. It's then baked. It's awesome beer food and falls in the category of "pub grub". I'm going to try your quick dip. The Hormel chili is fine for a dip, but I don't care for their hot blend.

A few years ago I made some traditional Brit style Bangers & Mash for a game. It's a layer of thoroughly cooked and sliced sausages in a casserole dish covered in onion gravey and then covered with mashed potatoes. It's then baked. It's awesome beer food and falls in the category of "pub grub". I'm going to try your quick dip. The Hormel chili is fine for a dip, but I don't care for their hot blend.

Since you're a Bangers and Mash fan, I'm going to go out on a limb here. I'm looking for a Guiness gravy recipe for dipping fried (a/k/a chips) into. Any help would be appreciated. The place I used to go for it burned in a fire and didn't re-open until I'd moved, so I'm going through withdrawal.

when I first saw the TV at dallas' stadium I immediately thought of weird al yankovic's parody "Franks 2000 inch tv"

anyways how the hell does Jerry Jones allow that to happen it can't be that complicated to figure out the human limits of punting straight up????
he should be :banned: never thought I would use that smily

Last edited:
Since you're a Bangers and Mash fan, I'm going to go out on a limb here. I'm looking for a Guiness gravy recipe for dipping fried (a/k/a chips) into. Any help would be appreciated. The place I used to go for it burned in a fire and didn't re-open until I'd moved, so I'm going through withdrawal.

No doubt there are a lot of different ones. This one sounds fairly unique.
Make Some Mash!: Guinness Gravy

Ingredients:
Cooked meat juices
1 tablespoon of flour
1 tablespoon of Brown sugar
1 tablespoon of Raisins
300 ml Guinness
Chopped parsley

Method:
1. To the juices of the meat add the raisions and brown sugar
2. Pour in the Guinness, cover and simmer over a low heat. Allow to reduce, stiring occasionally
3. Add flour a beat in, until mixture thickens.
4. Pepper to taste
5. Pour over your Irish Mashed Potatoes Recipe and enjoy

Raisins, huh? Interesting notion....

Thanks for the recipe

It wouldn't be unless it was clearly the intent of the kicker to run off the clock.
It would be if the refs decided it was the intent. They are the ones who decide, not fan lawyers. I would guess that the second hit would draw a warning and the third hit would draw a flag.

But putting time back on the clock would make the whole operation moot.

big fan of moot

big fan of moot

Until, of course, Gostkowski has to kick off ten times in one quarter because he keeps hitting the #@#@%ing scoreboard. . . .

Jerry Jones is rich. He is gonna pay some one to beat the sh!t out of some poor punter when he cracks the tv.

Then quit trolling threads. The issue wasn't jealousy, it was a kicker hitting the damned thing.

Yea, its a jealousy issue. New England is the team of the decade, playing in a relatively new stadium without any flaws. Meanwhile, Jerry Jones builds a stadium at a cost of 1 1/2 Billion dollars and its really, really, great. The one problem tho, you can't punt on 4th down.

I'm having the grand opening of my basement bar for the opening of MNF. Any additional suggestions for recipes would be appreciated.

Wow, look at all the jealous people in this thread. I wonder what your posts would be if the Pats had a huge TV like that at Gilette.

In an open air stadium it would not hang over the field.

What is a Cowboy fan doing here? Did Ian Change the name to Cowboyfans.com?:D

Brings up a question about domed stadiums. I can understand them in the North. Not a fan, but I can see them in Detroit and Minny.

Atlanta, New Orleans, and Dallas? Huh? Want to keep that snow off the field in December, right?

Last edited:
In an open air stadium it would not hang over the field.

What is a Cowboy fan doing here? Did Ian Change the name to Cowboyfans.com?:D

Brings up a question about domed stadiums. I can understand them in the North. Not a fan, but I can see them in Detroit and Minny.

Atlanta, New Orleans, and Dallas? Huh? Want to keep that snow off the field in December, right?

The reason they have domes in the South is because in September and sometimes October, its really freakin' hot. So rather than sit outside in 95 degree weather, just sit in a 75 degree dome. Now i dont know why Jacksonville doesn't have one though. I've been there for a Georgia-Florida game in October and it's still really hot and humid.

Architects need a f'kin medal for that one...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back