PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Late Games (Jets/Colts, etc...) discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the Broncos win this game, it's Jets at Patriots for round 1.

Cincy is not beating the Jets next week.

Re: 16-0 regular season

This thread is completely pointless

Do some of you people live in crazy town? If a teams coach/management decides its more important for them to keep players healthy for the playoffs when they've already clinched everything than to go for 16-0, it does not equate to throwing a game to alter playoff pictures.

The Jets are NOT in the playoffs yet.

I can't for the life of me understand people equating this to cheating or asking about fines.

Is it a kick in the ass? Yes. Is it cowardly, I think so. But cheating? Fineable? C'mon folks.

I could see if they didn't play Manning, but they did and I saw little effort from the Colts today...they certainly cheated their fans out of an entertaining game, and their players out of a record...and since laying down basically changed the playoff landscape, I can't help but wonder if a game like this leaves the Colts a bit tainted. Not that it's the first time, of course... the weird thing is, resting players hasn't worked out too well for them before.

I agree, they had a chance to do something amazing and now it is over. I am happy about them losing though so **** it
Oh yeah, I'm laughing my ass off about it. I'll be happy when somebody shuts those stupid Dolphins up, but I can't help but smile inside that it won't be this team.

Quick question, how is putting up a thread being the only team to go 16-0 in the regular season any different than the 72 Dolphins celebrating being the only team to do a 17-0 SB?

I mean, when the Pats were driving for perfect, everyone talked about how stupid it was for the Phisn to celebrate whenever they're record went unbroken.

So what's the diff?

16-0 as a record only still exists because a team that likely would've done it decided to roll over and give it away.

Is that worth a thread?

The difference is Mr. Colts fan is that we hate the Colts and to have them have a chance at 19-0 would have drove many of us bonkers. And some of us namely me will feel less need to take our aggressions out on unsuspecting "working ladies" So its a win win

Manning .... 4th QB to get 50,000 yards joining Favre, Marino and Elway.

Do some of you people live in crazy town? If a teams coach/management decides its more important for them to keep players healthy for the playoffs when they've already clinched everything than to go for 16-0, it does not equate to throwing a game to alter playoff pictures.

The Jets are NOT in the playoffs yet.

I can't for the life of me understand people equating this to cheating or asking about fines.

Is it a kick in the ass? Yes. Is it cowardly, I think so. But cheating? Fineable? C'mon folks.

It's not cheating per se, but it's throwing a game - there's no way around that. Which is actually far worse, as it affects the whole integrity of the playoff system: which teams make it and which don't, and whether you draw Indy as an opponent early or late in the season. What if the Pats and Jets were neck and neck for the AFC title, and the Pats played and lost to the real Colts but the Jets were given a free pass?

This isn't the first time the Colts have pulled this, either.

It's not cheating per se, but it's throwing a game - there's no way around that. Which is actually far worse, as it affects the whole integrity of the playoff system: which teams make it and which don't, and whether you draw Indy as an opponent early or late in the season. What if the Pats and Jets were neck and neck for the AFC title, and the Pats played and lost to the real Colts but the Jets were given a free pass?

This isn't the first time the Colts have pulled this, either.

As Cleveland fans remember all too well. . . .

Quick question, how is putting up a thread being the only team to go 16-0 in the regular season any different than the 72 Dolphins celebrating being the only team to do a 17-0 SB?

I mean, when the Pats were driving for perfect, everyone talked about how stupid it was for the Phisn to celebrate whenever they're record went unbroken.

So what's the diff?

16-0 as a record only still exists because a team that likely would've done it decided to roll over and give it away.

Is that worth a thread?

It is because I hate the colts, I would not have cared if the Saints had gone 19-0

Indy striving for 16-0

f-Epic-Fail-8306.jpg

If 16-0 is not important then why is peyton's starting streak important ? cant he get hurt in the 1 series he plays ?

And another thing about this particular bag job was that he pulled his 1st stringers with the lead mid 3rd qtr, then watched his scrubs give the game away! It's not like he had Manning inactive for the game, which would have been bad enough. It was intentionally allowing a win turn into a loss, right before a national audience. Wow, the more I think about how bad that was, the more I can't beleive the league won't step in this time.

It is because I hate the colts, I would not have cared if the Saints had gone 19-0

Agreed. I will always hate Indy and that organization for what they did. For one day, I was a huge Jets fan.

Ok, wtf, Denver. Now is it Pats vs. Steelers, Texans, Ravens.

CONFUSED :mad:

And another thing about this particular bag job was that he pulled his 1st stringers with the lead mid 3rd qtr, then watched his scrubs give the game away! It's not like he had Manning inactive for the game, which would have been bad enough. It was intentionally allowing a win turn into a loss, right before a national audience. Wow, the more I think about how bad that was, the more I can't beleive the league won't step in this time.

The score was close and there was nothing guaranteeing the Colts were going to win that game if the starters had stayed in.

http://www.motifake.com/image/demotivational-poster/0803/epic-fail-sports-fail-epic-forehead-weak-******-demotivational-poster-1206344902.jpg

Ok, wtf, Denver. Now is it Pats vs. Steelers, Texans, Ravens.

CONFUSED :mad:

Huh? No.

Steelers had a horrible day. They can kiss their chances goodbye after today. Texans, Jets, Balt are getting in before Pitt.

How do you let McNabb run for a 20 yard gain?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3