PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Late Games (Jets/Colts, etc...) discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to see Reid fist pump down the field

I didn't see the Jets Colts game - it sounds like a farce on many different levels... the biggest being having the Colts starters pulled.

Believe it or not, as a football fan first and a Patriots fan a very close second, I really wanted to see the Colts go for all the marbles. I'd of course be rooting for the Pats to beat them in the playoffs, but short of that I would have wanted to see perfection.

It may be that this move takes the pressure off the Colts in the playoffs (something the Patriots didn't have going for them in 2007) and helps them win the Super Bowl, but laying down like this and saying "we don't care about making history" just sucks on many different levels.

It sounds like Manning was pissed. I don't blame him. Brady would have been too.

I didn't see the Jets Colts game - it sounds like a farce on many different levels... the biggest being having the Colts starters pulled.

Believe it or not, as a football fan first and a Patriots fan a very close second, I really wanted to see the Colts go for all the marbles. I'd of course be rooting for the Pats to beat them in the playoffs, but short of that I would have wanted to see perfection..

:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Believe it or not, as a football fan first and a Patriots fan a very close second, I really wanted to see the Colts go for all the marbles. I'd of course be rooting for the Pats to beat them in the playoffs, but short of that I would have wanted to see perfection.

It may be that this move takes the pressure off the Colts in the playoffs (something the Patriots didn't have going for them in 2007) and helps them win the Super Bowl, but laying down like this and saying "we don't care about making history" just sucks on many different levels.

It sounds like Manning was pissed. I don't blame him. Brady would have been too.

it's not like the colts were playing lights out up through the point when the starters were pulled. it was still 15-10 Colts at that point and the jets exposed their run defense. The colts still could have won but it would have been guaranteed had their starters played the whole time.

The game was worth it because of the Manning face. He's looking like an old man these days.

Yeah, he was very clearly upset. I don't blame him but it was fun to watch him laying into Tom Moore and all the physical pouting he did on the sidelines, refusing to take his helmet off, etc, which just made the situation go from bad to worse when you consider his answers in all the interviews, Papa Manning being interviewed about how cool Peyton was and it just not mattering much to him but how all the NO guys couldn't stop gabbing about it. That quite obviously wasn't the case.

The score was close and there was nothing guaranteeing the Colts were going to win that game if the starters had stayed in.

Nothing guaranteeing, but 98% sure who'd have won had the 1st stringers stayed in that game. Face it - pulling those guys and leaving them on the bench as the game turned around was throwing the game. They would have won otherwise.

Why OH why is Olbermann on SNF. He makes it completely unwatchable. Kick the dam ball off already.

If they were losing then whatever ... but they were winning by 5 points. You throw a guy that hasn't played all year into game like that deep in your own territory. He's sh!tting bricks out there not worried about his blindside. If Belichick pulls that move the media is all over it .... no question.

Nothing guaranteeing, but 98% sure who'd have won had the 1st stringers stayed in that game. Face it - pulling those guys and leaving them on the bench as the game turned around was throwing the game. They would have won otherwise.

It was nothing approaching 98%. The defense was starting to get worn down and the offense wasn't playing well.

Jets were +4 and +4.5 at the betting sites.

Colts leading by 5 before Painter is put in.

This is ripe .... this is very, very ripe and full of red meat.

It was nothing approaching 98%. The defense was starting to get worn down and the offense wasn't playing well.

And they were only up by 6 at the half with the starters. I think they were pulled to safe face.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft