PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Late Games (Jets/Colts, etc...) discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Colts management needs to re-think their rest the starters plan. Never worked in the past... why keep doing it?

ryan , what is your take in the way the colts handled this? if they wanted to protect manning then why play him against the jags ?

Amen. The Jets don't scare me at all. The Colts gave them this game when they took their starters off the field. It's easy to look good against an opposing teams backups.

I say it mostly because we have Warren and Wilfork back to keep the Jets running game at bay and Sanchez well he is just awful.

Amen. The Jets don't scare me at all. The Colts gave them this game when they took their starters off the field. It's easy to look good against an opposing teams backups.

agree but all it needs is for a team to win games somehow to gain confidence....

I wanted the Colts to lose as much as the next guy but I do feel bad for Curtis Painter. Guy's just trying to learn the ropes and gets thrown into that situation? To be booed at home, in your home freakin state? Ouch..

manningface.jpg
:rofl:

Beautiful.

Edit: I sent it into http://www.manningface.com/

Last edited:
So the Pats remain the only team ever to go 16-0 in the regular season......woot

So can the Colts get fined for this move?

Pulling Manning while they were ahead ... helping to determine the playoff picture?

Last edited:
will cincy rest its starters next week too ?

I was never really all that proud of the 16-0 season (obvious reasons) but suddenly it feels really good to still be the only team to do it. Guess you don't realize what you have till you've [almost] lost it.

ryan , what is your take in the way the colts handled this? if they wanted to protect manning then why play him against the jags ?

The blueprint was 2007. Elite teams are capable of playing their starters every snap of every game. Patriots did quite well.

Time will tell but im a firm believer that any type of rest for the colts is a bad thing.

A Jets fan?

Like they have a shot at even winning a playoff game nevermind the Super Bowl.

Greetings,

Not a Jets fan at all. Just being sarcastic. Pats have already done what they were supposed to.

Shalom,
Celticboy04

That's two awesome Sundays in a row. I'm liking this! :)

So can the Colts get fined for this move?

Pulling Manning while they were ahead ... helping to determine the playoff picture?

dont know about fined but they have done this before when dungy threw a game to let the titans in. Ia m surprised this doesnt get a bigger notice than other crap.how is it not some sort of betting ?

will cincy rest its starters next week too ?

Imagine how pissed off Steeler fans will be if that happens. Some of my facebook buddies (I'm in western PA) are already fuming over the Colts

I was never really all that proud of the 16-0 season (obvious reasons) but suddenly it feels really good to still be the only team to do it. Guess you don't realize what you have till you've [almost] lost it.

Amen and knowing that the Colts can't go 19-0...

agree but all it needs is for a team to win games somehow to gain confidence....

Oh please, have you heard this team talk? When have they ever lacked confidence?

Who will Manning throw under the bus? Caldwell? Painter? Sorgi for getting hurt?

Dierdorf ball washing Manning to the end...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST