PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT Johnny Football attempted suicide.

Even if it did happen, it was merely an attention-seeking publicity stunt like a great deal of them are anyway.

That's not worthy of you, captain. I don't know the facts in this case (and nor do you) but I do know that many sports stars have mental health problems that aren't taken seriously.

He refused treatment :(

Even if it did happen, it was merely an attention-seeking publicity stunt like a great deal of them are anyway.

Damn, Captain. I thought I could be a heartless bastard. :rofl:

This does remind me of a great joke I fell for as a kid. A friend came up to me in 1987 and with a deadpan face said, "Did you hear that Bill Buckner jumped in front of a train in a suicide attempt?"

I bought it, of course. Hey, I was young.

"Luckily, the train went between his legs."

Suicide, like everything in this world, can be funny. Only Johnny Football knows if he really wanted to become Johnny Suicide or just wanted attention though.

Maybe he was trying to escape all the attention regarding a failed NFL career?

If everybody who was released from their original team attempted suicide, there would be a Lot fewer players in the NFL.

But they didn't.

Manziel was dropped by the Brownies because he was a spoiled punk who didn't respect his craft.

Got zero sympathy for this dude, sorry.

That's not worthy of you, captain. I don't know the facts in this case (and nor do you) but I do know that many sports stars have mental health problems that aren't taken seriously.
Yeah.. CTE is real.. when Seau passed is when it really started gaining attention. These guys take so many hits and it common for guys to go through what manziel has.

Yeah.. CTE is real.. when Seau passed is when it really started gaining attention. These guys take so many hits and it common for guys to go through what manziel has.
From what this sounds like, Manziel was just a heavy drinker and drug user (stimulants, mostly) who hit rock bottom. Anyone that’s been through an 8-ball or two over the course of a long night and has heard the birds chirping at 6:30 AM when that last bag runs out (I’m getting anxiety just typing this) knows that feeling.

It saddens me. I was never a fan and thought he was always ‘quite a bit much’ and really a bad dude. Despite this, a person deciding to end it all is - imo - a sad event.

Life is too short and precious. Unfortunately some people get so lost in the depression that they can’t see past their mental health problems and what it does to the family, friends and loved ones when they do finally give up. He definitely has my sympathy and hope that he gets the help he needs.

From what this sounds like, Manziel was just a heavy drinker and drug user (stimulants, mostly) who hit rock bottom. Anyone that’s been through an 8-ball or two over the course of a long night and has heard the birds chirping at 6:30 AM when that last bag runs out (I’m getting anxiety just typing this) knows that feeling.
Yeah.. I agree. He was always a party guy right? From doing all of that plus all those hits to the head that is didn't help. Dude was the Ryan leaf of the 21st century.

Congrats on however long it has been

If everybody who was released from their original team attempted suicide, there would be a Lot fewer players in the NFL.

But they didn't.

Manziel was dropped by the Brownies because he was a spoiled punk who didn't respect his craft.

Got zero sympathy for this dude, sorry.

Captain - he's obviously mentally ill.

I just got back from Texas, and he is very generous to the local HS football program that he came up through. The folks that we stay with are very involved with area charities, so I was able to get some first hand info. My understanding is they want to put a statue up, but there's some push back from a vocal group, as you can imagine.

Last edited:
Probably worth adding to the title this was in 2015/2016... not recently.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back