PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT:Johnny Bigmouth says Texans will regret it

It depends on what they would net in return. But Clowney looks like he's going to be the real deal. He has a prototypical build for the NFL and a wide array of moves he uses to beat opposing LT's. Pairing him with Watt on the same line would be a nightmare for any of the QB's in that division.

If Haslam has the woody for Manziel that has been reported it is possible they could get both of Cleveland's 1st rounder's for him, especially given the number of picks the Browns have in addition to those firsts.

I feel like my dislike for Manziel as a prospect prejudices my evaluation of his comments, so I won't even bother addressing those.

But really, manx, stop being such a perv :p

If I'm the Texans, I'm drafting Clowney then taking a look at McCarron later on. McCarron played in a very similar offense to the one BOB is going to run in Houston and may be able to step in and make an impact immediately.

I though Alabama ran a Coryell offense?

If I'm the Texans, I'm drafting Clowney then taking a look at McCarron later on. McCarron played in a very similar offense to the one BOB is going to run in Houston and may be able to step in and make an impact immediately.

Personally, I think we should trade Mallett, #29 and a 2015 conditional draft pick to the Texans for #1 and go up and draft Clowney. That is what I dream of at night anyway :)

Personally, I think we should trade Mallett, #29 and a 2015 conditional draft pick to the Texans for #1 and go up and draft Clowney. That is what I dream of at night anyway :)

That conditional 2015 pick would have to be our first and it almost certainly wouldn't be conditional. I think we'd have to throw in our 2016 first as well (at least).

I though Alabama ran a Coryell offense?

A variation of it. Both of their offensive coordinators came up in that system. The biggest difference between the Ehrhardt-Perkins and Coryell offense is that, in our offense, the route patterns are named. In Alabama's it would have been primarily number based. The routes would be easier to remember at Alabama, but McCarron would be smart enough to pick up on the difference in BOB's offense. From what I have read, the pre-snap reads the quarterback has to make are similar.

That conditional 2015 pick would have to be our first and it almost certainly wouldn't be conditional. I think we'd have to throw in our 2016 first as well (at least).

Do you think Clowney is that type of once in a generation talent?

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Back