PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT:Johnny Bigmouth says Texans will regret it

OhExaulted1

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
Johnny Manziel Says Texans Passing on Him at No. 1 Would Be Huge Mistake | Bleacher Report

"I want them to say absolutely, without a doubt, with 100 percent certainty, that I'm who they want.

I want everybody from the janitor at Reliant Stadium to the front office executive assistant all the way up to (owner) Bob McNair to say, 'This kid is 100 percent, can't miss. This is who we want being the face of our program. We want the Texas kid staying in Texas and leading the Texans.'”

Sorry Casell, Mallet and Schaub. Johnny has spoken.

Johnny Manziel Says Texans Passing on Him at No. 1 Would Be Huge Mistake | Bleacher Report

"I want them to say absolutely, without a doubt, with 100 percent certainty, that I'm who they want.

I want everybody from the janitor at Reliant Stadium to the front office executive assistant all the way up to (owner) Bob McNair to say, 'This kid is 100 percent, can't miss. This is who we want being the face of our program. We want the Texas kid staying in Texas and leading the Texans.'”

Sorry Casell, Mallet and Schaub. Johnny has spoken.

Do you think Peyton was a bigmouth for telling the Colts "if you don't take me I'm going to kick your @$$ for the next 15 years"?

This is why everybody hates Johnny Manziel

Do you think Peyton was a bigmouth for telling the Colts "if you don't take me I'm going to kick your @$$ for the next 15 years"?

Speaking to John McClain of the Houston Chronicle, Manziel said that if the Texans don't draft him and a team like the Jacksonville Jaguars selected him, "It would be the worst decision they've ever made. I'd be in the same division playing against them twice a year. Sorry, but you just turned that chip on my shoulder from a Frito into a Dorito."

A Frito into a Dorito? Sounds like something a white rapper from the burbs would come up with.

Yeah, Peyton was a little full of himself. So wasn't Tom when he told Kraft "I'm the best decision this organizations ever made". Difference is Manziel reminds me more of this guy than he does Peyton or Tom.

Ryan Leaf's Former Agent Claims QB Convinced Colts to Draft Peyton Manning | Bleacher Report

what a jerk

Speak for yourself, chum.

This is why I love Johny FootBall!! :rocker:

Just to check, Grid, did you actually see who Manziel is studying that film with? :eek:

Meh, I actually like his confidence, I say good for JM as long as he is resepectful to his coaches / teammates and can back up that confidence on the field.

This is why everybody hates Johnny Manziel

I will echo Off The Grid's remarks and add that Johnny was mostly hated by the rival SEC teams he was gutting with his remarkable play. He has insane confidence but he's also a guy who is beloved by his teammates. I don't hate the guy at all. Wouldn't you want your QB to be a maniacally competitive person with a chip on his shoulder? Seems that has helped ol' #12 quite a bit.

Speak for yourself, chum.

This is why I love Johny FootBall!! :rocker:

Agreed, I am a fan. He is mostly hated by SEC rivals who he was destroying with his stellar play. He is loved by his teammates and coaches.

Having confidence is a must for a great QB. Being maniacally competitive and having a chip on his shoulder has worked pretty well for #12, I reckon.

They should have put "Former Jets Captain" in the title.

Confidence is good, but it can easily be confused with unsubstantiated arrogance as well.

"Manziel is doing anything he can to impress O’Brien, with whom he wants to win a Super Bowl in his rookie season."

OK kid, mayyyyybe dial it back a notch. He's not exactly following Bill Belichick's textbook guide to handling the media. I don't know why he's studying Brady tape, his game is nothing like Tom's. He's more like Vick than anybody.

They should have put "Former Jets Captain" in the title.

Confidence is good, but it can easily be confused with unsubstantiated arrogance as well.

"Manziel is doing anything he can to impress O’Brien, with whom he wants to win a Super Bowl in his rookie season."

OK kid, mayyyyybe dial it back a notch. He's not exactly following Bill Belichick's textbook guide to handling the media. I don't know why he's studying Brady tape, his game is nothing like Tom's. He's more like Vick than anybody.

Nothing wrong with studying Charles ****ens even if you're going to be a crime writer. I don't think that studying one of the greatest should be a knock. I'd be far more worried if he refused to study Brady because "his game is nothing like Tom's".

Agreed, I am a fan. He is mostly hated by SEC rivals who he was destroying with his stellar play. He is loved by his teammates and coaches.

Having confidence is a must for a great QB. Being maniacally competitive and having a chip on his shoulder has worked pretty well for #12, I reckon.

Oops I basically posted the same exact thing twice because I thought the first one didn't post.

I will echo Off The Grid's remarks and add that Johnny was mostly hated by the rival SEC teams he was gutting with his remarkable play. He has insane confidence but he's also a guy who is beloved by his teammates. I don't hate the guy at all. Wouldn't you want your QB to be a maniacally competitive person with a chip on his shoulder? Seems that has helped ol' #12 quite a bit.

The difference is Brady was never a **** about it...

The difference is Brady was never a **** about it...

Peyton Manning was then, according to your criteria. Peyton told the Colts' management that he would spend the next 15 years kicking their azz if they didn't take him. Johnny F. Football is simply doing the same thing.

Sure he's been a little too much of a celebrity, and sure he likes to jaw. He also came from a tiny town in Texas and had the greatest season in Texas A&M history, winning the Heisman Trophy as a freshman. That he didn't deal with the massive upshot in fame and notoriety as well as many would like doesn't make me hate him. He is a complete bulldog on the field, that's impossible to deny. He plays with the same fire as Brett Favre.

Peyton Manning was then, according to your criteria. Peyton told the Colts' management that he would spend the next 15 years kicking their azz if they didn't take him. Johnny F. Football is simply doing the same thing.

Sure he's been a little too much of a celebrity, and sure he likes to jaw. He also came from a tiny town in Texas and had the greatest season in Texas A&M history, winning the Heisman Trophy as a freshman. That he didn't deal with the massive upshot in fame and notoriety as well as many would like doesn't make me hate him. He is a complete bulldog on the field, that's impossible to deny. He plays with the same fire as Brett Favre.

Can he throw a 15 yard pass on a rope to the far touch line though? That's my doubt when it comes to Manziel.

Can he throw a 15 yard pass on a rope to the far touch line though? That's my doubt when it comes to Manziel.

I'm not arguing he's on the same level as a prospect as Manning or Luck or even RGIII. All I am saying is that his confidence does not turn me off as much as it does many others.

Generically speaking, I have no problem with confidence. Especially if a guy is going to work his butt off to fulfill that boast. But Manziel strikes me as someone who thinks it'll just come naturally, without a metric crapton of work.

Additionally, I just don't think the guy has the appropriate skills or body type to make it at the pro level. He gonna take off if his first read is covered and get crushed by the defensive guys at this level. A compact car crash vs a tractor trailer is usually really bad for the compact car driver. Even though his car is quicker and more agile.

And on top of that he'd be an absolutely horrible fit for Houston. Houston's head coach is BO'B. From the BB coaching tree. He likely hates improvisation as much as BB and Brady. Improvisation is a huge part of Manziel's style.

Manziel reminds me of Tim Tebow's playing style, mixed with Ryan Leaf's attitude, wrapped in a 12 year old's body.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back