OT: Jets won't sell alcohol for season finale

Discussion in 'NFL Football Forum' started by pats1, Dec 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pats1

pats1 Moderator PatsFans.com Supporter

2. BoTown

BoTown In the Starting Line-Up

No Jersey Selected

Normally I'd say that's a good idea, but that just mean they're gonna get sh*tfaced before the game anyway.

3. Gwedd

Gwedd PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

#11 Jersey

Their looney-toon fans will likely riot in the stands over this.

Mark my word, there will be a LOT of incidents because of this decision.

They're like that down there.

4. Gunnails

Gunnails In the Starting Line-Up

No Jersey Selected

I thought I read somewhere that this was common for night games especialy MNF. I have never been to a night game.:(

5. Brady_12

Brady_12 Third String But Playing on Special Teams

#95 Jersey

I've been to a few night games in Foxboro, not a big drinker but I don't remember not being able to get a beer. Never MNF tho.

6. 12+81=TD

12+81=TD On the Game Day Roster

#91 Jersey

I've been to a Sunday Night game in Cleveland (granted it was when Bledsoe was our QB) and a couple MNF games in Indy (Pats, 'Boys, etc). I have never had a problem getting a beer at the game, this must be a decision made by the organization.

:beersign:

Oh, and I went to the Pats/Colts Sunday Night game this year...yeah, I got sh*tfaced. They sell beer.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2009
  7. Tunescribe

Tunescribe PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

#61 Jersey

Forcing Green Beans fans to watch their team sober is cruel and unusual punishment.

8. BradyFTW!

BradyFTW! PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

#12 Jersey

Maybe sober they're finally realize that their team is ******* garbage and always will be.

... No, they won't. They're not just stupid; they're a special kind of stupid. They're Jets fans.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2009
  9. Boots Electric

Boots Electric Practice Squad Player

If the Jets lose and the fans are drunk, it will get ugly. If the Jets win and the fans are drunk, it will get ugly.

10. Apparently there are some problems in the parking lot after the games, win or lose!

11. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Rex thought that this would be a good idea, so they could all have a good cry after their loss:D

12. Willie55

Willie55 In the Starting Line-Up

I've been to plenty of night games at Gillette and have never had a problem getting a beer. The 'no beer' policy Sunday night at Giants Stadium is game specific.

13. robertweathers

robertweathers Pro Bowl Player

Too bad. Just grossly unfair for the 70% or so who like to have a couple while watching the game who actually have self-control.

Now you'll have a bunch of folks loading up or try to sneak stuff in and getting in trouble b/c they can't control themselves.

14. FortressX

FortressX Third String But Playing on Special Teams

#87 Jersey

Maybe they are worried the Bengals have the power to make their drunken fans do wierd things like stealing a goal post.

15. lostjumper

lostjumper Third String But Playing on Special Teams

This is the jest we're talking about. I think it's closer to 7% of jest fans who have self-control than 70%...

16. blackglass3

blackglass3 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

#11 Jersey

The article failed to mention it is actually a tribute to Rex for getting them into position to make the playoffs his first year. Instead of beer, they are selling mugs of his drink of choice; turkey gravy.

17. robertweathers

robertweathers Pro Bowl Player

I stand corrected!! :p

18. efin98

efin98 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Tells you a lot about the Jets fans if they can't control themselves on a historic day for the franchise...

19. Tunescribe

Tunescribe PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

#61 Jersey

:rofl::rofl:

In honor of the holiday season it'll be turkey gravy (hot or cold, doesn't matter to Wrecks) with chocolate whipped-cream topping and a maraschino cherry.

20. Rob0729

Rob0729 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

#12 Jersey

But usually the only thing Jets fans have to look forward to in late Deecember/early January is drinking.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.