PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Jerry Jones may have accosted an NFL employee...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kontradiction

On my retirement tour.
PatsFans.com Supporter
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
2023 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Jerry Jones Reportedly Accosts NFL's Domestic Violence Investigator Regarding Ezekiel Elliott

BOSTON (CBS) — Cowboys owner Jerry Jones is, apparently, not much in favor of a league that thoroughly investigates claims of domestic violence against its players.

In a story that has gone widely underreported but was resurfaced by ESPN this week, Jones approached Lisa Friel, the NFL’s investigator on cases of domestic violence, and raised his voice. Friel is in the process of investigating Cowboys rookie running back Ezekiel Elliott regarding several claims of domestic assault.

According to ESPN, Jones insinuated to Friel that both of them will end up unemployed if such an investigation continues.

Here’s the report, from ESPN:

Jones said he recognized that investigations were her bread and butter and ended the conversation with: “Your bread and butter is going to get both of us thrown out on the street,” according to ESPN The Magazine reporter Seth Wickersham, who witnessed the encounter, which was reported by Outside the Lines. Other witnesses downplayed Jones’ intensity.

A public relations person immediately led Jones out of the hotel bar.

First Greg Hardy, now (reportedly) this. Threatened her over the woman just doing her job. If true, sounds like Jones is a quality human being.

Was that wrong? Should he not have done that? I tell you, I gotta plead ignorance on this thing, because if anyone had said anything to him at all when he first started there that that sort of thing is frowned upon... you know, cause I've worked in a lot of offices, and I tell you, people do that all the time.

HoF bound next year !

Reading the article it is clear that Jones, who once said that he wishes he could write a check to get his team into the Supetbowl, takes his positon based on how it affects the Cowboys' competitive situation.

Investigation of his star RB? Threaten the investigator.

Pats and TFB being pursued in a nebulous case with no solid evidence of any offense at all? Suspend their star QB and strip them of top draft picks, thus giving his team a competitive advantage.

Then there is the conflict of interest of Lisa Friel investigating Josh Brown, when she is a staunch Giants supporter.

The Pats, BB, and TFB, are just about the only honorable entities in the increasingly obviously corrupt NFL*.

Was that wrong? Should he not have done that? I tell you, I gotta plead ignorance on this thing, because if anyone had said anything to him at all when he first started there that that sort of thing is frowned upon... you know, cause I've worked in a lot of offices, and I tell you, people do that all the time.

Whats that red dot on your sweater?

Jerry Jones is a great guy. He is rumored to have hired prostitutes in the past to keep his boys happy.

Jerry Jones is a great guy. He is rumored to have hired prostitutes in the past to keep his boys happy.

There was that whole thing with strippers too from a few years ago when a whole bunch of pics showed up online.

I bet Jerruh had some fun that night

I think the story is being buried here. Clearly he shouldn't be yelling at this women but I want to know what he means by:

“Your bread and butter is going to get both of us thrown out on the street,”

Clearly he is threatening her job but does he really think she could find enough dirt to put him on the streets? That would need to be more shade then just Elliott could be responsible for. What skeletons are in that closet?

That's an odd threat. Her investigation is going to get them (her and Jerrah) thrown out on the street. That makes no sense.

This is why the Cowboys aren't champions - they are doing it wrong.

You see, Lawrence Taylor hired them to knock on his opponents doors the night before the game.

Reading the article it is clear that Jones, who once said that he wishes he could write a check to get his team into the Supetbowl, takes his positon based on how it affects the Cowboys' competitive situation.

Pats and TFB being pursued in a nebulous case with no solid evidence of any offense at all? Suspend their star QB and strip them of top draft picks, thus giving his team a competitive advantage.

Then there is the conflict of interest of Lisa Friel investigating Josh Brown, when she is a staunch Giants supporter.

The Pats, BB, and TFB, are just about the only honorable entities in the increasingly obviously corrupt NFL*.

He's a product of Texas football. Football is their golden calf over there.

That's an odd threat. Her investigation is going to get them (her and Jerrah) thrown out on the street. That makes no sense.

He was probably wasted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back