PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Jags @ Steelers Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
These teams are both so far over their heads this is great. Go Chargers. I want them going to Indy not one of these teams.

Who here wanted to pick up Greg Jones?

We really screwed up on that Hines Ward facemask call so we're going to give you a D holding on your next drive -:)

yea, jags will kick a late FG and take this crappy game...

Oh just stop. Whatever happens you and several others will find a terrifying downside...

LMAO. Because I am so negative.

Back on page 3 I predicted a Steelers victory followed by a Pat victory, so don't get your panties in a twist.

Oh just stop. Whatever happens you and several others will find a terrifying downside...

I have to agree. First, everyone wants Pitt. Then Pitt comes back and no one wants Pitt. Newsflash: one team has to win, and the game can't always be like the SD/Colts one from earlier in the year.

I absolutely loathe the whole "emotion" argument. Emotion is not a very sound gameplan. Perhaps it comes from watching all these BB teams over the years, but it's about solid execution, not emotional waves.

I don't care who wins anymore, though I'd still prefer Pittsburgh because they have more overall weaknesses and less explosiveness. But one thing is for sure, BB and his staff should have enough to sink their teeth into with this tape..

As much as I hate to say it I'm rooting for Pittsburgh.If Big Ben & company can manage to win this game their mistakes should definitely come back to bite them next week.I told you'll the Jags aren't ready for primetime.

Pitt can't run the ball and they can't cover every wr the pats have. plus they have anthony smith.

Did I call it, or what?:bricks:

061017_dennis_green.jpg

im not sold on Jaguars. win or lose

they have no big threat @ WR..only have height really. Stop the run and u win. simple

u cant run up middle if Henderson and Jackson are there..but they dont have any terrific pass rush and when u dont ..we eat u alone. Their secondary has playmakers..but out of position a lot aka Williams-Nelson

i think with Polamalu, Steelers can do a lot more. Their secondary is better than Jaguars..so are their WRs and pass rush. Also stop the run well

Last edited:
I am currently half-way around the world. Would appreciate a feedback on this: Did Big Ben try to run much? Would he have been successful if he tried it during those 2 pt conversion attempts?

Thanks!

If you're confused, look at the scoreboard. If they had just kicked the extra point both times they'd be up by 3 right now.

If there had been 3 minutes left and they were down by 5, that would've been a different story. But with 10 minutes left - dumb.

Nice how it worked out but ... two TD's considering how they were playing
could be considered a long shot with your offensive line hurting and no run
game to speak of. A FG would be a lot better odds considering the situation
an rely on their strength ... their defense to keep it a 3 pt game.
I think you can make an argument both ways.

Can garrad step up in the pocket?

:rofl: :rofl: Maybe it would've been better had we lost to the Giants. Oh, the PRESSURE of going undefeated. :singing:

I am currently half-way around the world. Would appreciate a feedback on this: Did Big Ben try to run much? Would he have been successful if he tried it during those 2 pt conversion attempts?

Thanks!

he ran on a 2 pt try after a holding call and tried to get in from the 12 which was stupid. he made it to the 3.

My Boi Woodley's looking pretty good tonight. Still think he would have been a very good Patriots LB, if they had picked at 28th overall.

Last edited:
Oh my.. the Jags have imploded.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes