PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: It's unanimous so far...T. Dungy=B. Walsh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do you come here? You obviously can't hold a discussion on your own as you have to rely on one or two posters at DimStar for info and retorts to people over here. You're a complete hypocrite as you incessantly complain about trolls on your board, but come here to be one!

I was asked by coffedrinker to post his thoughts thus I did. I never claimed his posts so think what you will.
As for me being here it is a free MB am I correct ? I have not trolled nor have I insulted anyone.
I complain incessantly about trolls on my board? Funny I accepted them about 2 years ago when none of them went away.
I realize you all hate Colts fans but I am in the section labeled Visiting Locker Room and I am being civil.
so fire away Patriot fans...you can't upset me I accepted your kind a long time ago.

You all have a nice day

Last edited:
don't even sweat it, another classic case of Colt-Envy gone wrong.

** It was a joke incase someone tries to ban me for that statement

Last edited:
I was asked by coffedrinker to post his thoughts thus I did. I never claimed his posts so think what you will.

The guy doesn't know anything about football. He is parroting garbage and media simplifications. Don't post his crap anymore.

Yep, that's the main reason he walked into the endzone, you are one football genius.

Keep blowing that kind of sunshine up your skirt if it helps you sleep better at night.

I saw your mug in Websters next to the word homer, the picture of blind faith that you are, enjoy all the ballbreaking you do around here while you can.

I'm just trying to get some clarification, thats all. Nordberg seems to think that either Addai was allowed to walk in or the pats were playing pass all the way, which doesn't make any sense at all. Addai scored on 3rd down. The Colt's ran on 1st and 2nd down. With a minute left, why on earth would the Colts try to pass? It was pretty obvious that the Colts weren't going to pass.

And if the pats wanted to let the Colt's score, why wouldn't they do it on 1st down? Why waste time and timeouts waiting for 3rd down before letting the Colt's score? If he's gonna make an argument, he should at least try to make a little sense.

Truth is, Wilfork got owned by Jeff Saturday, which opened up a hole big enough for Oprah to walk through. Its as simple as that.

More excuses from pats fans. Too funny.:D

Last edited:
Plus if you read any books on football, which I doubt, you would know that nose tackle refers to where the defensive tackle lines up which is over the center. Now most of the time in a 3-4 the DT lines up over the center so he is commonly referred to as the nose tackle. However, in certain 4-3 (the Dungy 2 or Cover 2) D they have a NT and an UT(under tackle). Dungy got his terminology from .... guess who Noll. Noll called him the NT because they would usually shift to the strong side putting the NT over the center.

This dope has the gall to use a wikipedia link in his post extolling his football knowledge. I would venture a guess that have read more books on football than this idiot has heard of.

He refers to a 4-3 as a "Dungy 2". The 4-3 is a front. Dungy runs a standard, Miami 4-3 front. The difference is in the coverage. Any 7 man front can be run with a 2 Deep secondary behind it. The Pats run a ton of Cover 2 and 2 Lock.

As far as the "UT", that is ridiculous. You can refer to the 1 tech as a "NT", but the strong side DT is known as a 3 technique due to his position on the outside shoulder of the Guard. A coach can make up any stupid terminology he wants, it's all the same. The poster implied that Dungy modified the Steelers 3-4 and moved the NT to the Guard/Center gap and changed other responsibilities to create the Colts D. He describes a Miami 4-3 front and gives credit to Dungy.

I am starting to get that this guy keeps running to crappy general football sites like Wikipedia etc to get his ridiculously juvenile theories.

I have been coaching football, on both sides of the ball, for eight years. This guy sounds like a football dad who ran cross country in High School and now wants his kid to make the NFL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST