PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT-ish: Can buy SB tix directly from NFL. For $5500+

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel thankful to have attended four Patriots Super Bowls. I think the most I paid for a ticket was $2k. No way could I ever afford or remotely justify $5,500 ... I'm sure very few real fans could. I wonder what face value the NFL will print on those tickets.

I have been to 5 SBs and I paid $1000.00 for each of my SB 42 and 46 tickets. Awesome seats. 50 yard line 3rd level, first section, for SB42 (in that stadium 3rd level is low to the field) 2nd level Loge for SB 46 and I bought my ticket 30 minutes before kick off.

IIRC, the lowest that I saw tickets for SB38 was $1700.00, SB39 - $3000.00 and SB49 - $3000.00 and those were all nose bleeds.

She hates Malcolm Butler. He cost her 24k.

She is not the only one.

Seahawks fans were so ****y before that game running their mouths.

I've never attended a superbowl. I bet it's awesome. Had the chance but turned it down. For $2000 or $5000, whatever the cost is, I'd rather buy a plane ticket to somewhere in the world and explore. Just different priorities.

Those countries are not going anywhere.

Brady is someday. If Brady makes it to his 7 Super Bowl with a chance to win his 5th ring you have to go. The atmosphere is like none other. BTW, Houston is a fun town, they have a strip downtown sort of like a Bourbon St.

Just go, you wont regret it.

Some people sleep in their cars if it comes to that. Set a limit on what you will spend for a ticket and if one doesnt materialize just watch the game with other NE fans that are there. Lots of folks go without a tickets.
Absolutely. I was lucky enough to have points for airfare and a sister who lives in Phoenix so I didn't need a hotel..... There is nothing that compares to going to a Super Bowl, especially one that ends on high note and I feel fortunate to have gone...due to a wife who got tired of me saying "I really should go" and told me " Go, you never know if they won't get back there and you'll kick yourself".
Oh and there were 4 empty seats in the row in front of us at SB49...Do the math and somebody lost out on mega$$$$..
Confession/disclosure- I still get grief from family members from having left a game early many years ago.. I was in high school and my ride to game 6 of 1975 World Series needed to get up early the next day for work so we left in the 10th inning and missed Fisk's iconic home run... I have never left a sporting event early since....

Absolutely. I was lucky enough to have points for airfare and a sister who lives in Phoenix so I didn't need a hotel..... There is nothing that compares to going to a Super Bowl, especially one that ends on high note and I feel fortunate to have gone...due to a wife who got tired of me saying "I really should go" and told me " Go, you never know if they won't get back there and you'll kick yourself".
Oh and there were 4 empty seats in the row in front of us at SB49...Do the math and somebody lost out on mega$$$$..
Confession/disclosure- I still get grief from family members from having left a game early many years ago.. I was in high school and my ride to game 6 of 1975 World Series needed to get up early the next day for work so we left in the 10th inning and missed Fisk's iconic home run... I have never left a sporting event early since....

You were a good omen.

We hope that you will go back again assuming the Pats get there again.

Nothing else in sports compares to attending a Super Bowl in person. You need to do it at least once in your life. It's the Disney World of football.
I hate Disney World. I've been to nearly every possible pro and college sports event but the SB. No desire. And I'll never go to Disney World again.

I hate Disney World. I've been to nearly every possible pro and college sports event but the SB. No desire. And I'll never go to Disney World again.
Geez, what kind of person "hates" Disney World? You're not much of a football fan if you have "no desire" to attend the Super Bowl.

Going to Super Bowls is overrated. Ridiculous costs, and true fans get treated like donkey dung. I went once, the Patriots won, checked that off my bucket list, and really have no desire to do it again.

I prefer the atmosphere of a Gillette Stadium parking lot during the playoffs to the one on the bus being taken from my satellite parking lot to the stadium.

Going to Super Bowls is overrated. Ridiculous costs, and true fans get treated like donkey dung. I went once, the Patriots won, checked that off my bucket list, and really have no desire to do it again.

I prefer the atmosphere of a Gillette Stadium parking lot during the playoffs to the one on the bus being taken from my satellite parking lot to the stadium.
I thought just the opposite. After being treated like a common criminal at most venues, they treated people with kid gloves at SB49, almost apologetic. There were plenty of free food/beverages and promotions and you could tell they knew it was not your typical crowd.....

I thought just the opposite. After being treated like a common criminal at most venues, they treated people with kid gloves at SB49, almost apologetic. There were plenty of free food/beverages and promotions and you could tell they knew it was not your typical crowd.....
Glad to hear things improved during the decade between Patriot SB victories. Maybe it was just JAX that sucked. I heard they did a far worse job than other SB cities. My experience may have been a lot different if I went to SB 36 in New Orleans instead.

Geez, what kind of person "hates" Disney World? You're not much of a football fan if you have "no desire" to attend the Super Bowl.

I think many people desire to attend a superbowl but when you factor cost in, that's where most people don't see the value.

For the record, I never want to go to Disney. I'd rather pay someone to take my kids there.

Glad to hear things improved during the decade between Patriot SB victories. Maybe it was just JAX that sucked. I heard they did a far worse job than other SB cities. My experience may have been a lot different if I went to SB 36 in New Orleans instead.
One other thing Glendale/Phoenix had which I'm not sure other cities did..was they seem to have hired every ambulatory person over the age of 65 to act as goodwill ambassadors and direct people around the stadium and give directions or answer questions.......they went out of their way to make it "fan friendly" and when you have the pink hat types, they expect pampering....

Just go, you wont regret it.

Some people sleep in their cars if it comes to that. Set a limit on what you will spend for a ticket and if one doesnt materialize just watch the game with other NE fans that are there. Lots of folks go without a tickets.

A coworker has gone to the last 20 Super Bowl cities. Every year he and his buddies book their rooms and their flights for Super Bowl weekend. They don't get game tickets though. Their plan is to enjoy the atmosphere and watch the game in a local bar. And if they come across tickets at a reasonable price they'll grab them.

They've yet to get into a game

A coworker has gone to the last 20 Super Bowl cities. Every year he and his buddies book their rooms and their flights for Super Bowl weekend. They don't get game tickets though. Their plan is to enjoy the atmosphere and watch the game in a local bar. And if they come across tickets at a reasonable price they'll grab them.

They've yet to get into a game

Talk about blue balls :D

I'm not a big fan of lines or screaming kids. Hence my distaste for Disney. I can think of about 100 places I'd rather go. As far as not being a football fan you're entitled to your opinion but I had season tickets for about 20 years when I lived in Mass and have gone to away games in Miami, NY, Indy (playoffs), Philly and a couple others.

That price includes airfare and accommodations right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore