Welcome to PatsFans.com

OT: Interview with the Kraken

Discussion in 'Patriots Draft Talk' started by mayoclinic, Feb 28, 2014.

1. mayoclinic

mayoclinic PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +3,837 / 10 / -8

Greg Hardy, aka "the Kraken", was one of my favorite prospects in 2009-2010. At one time considered a 1st round prospect, Hardy had injury issues and at one point was briefly kicked off the Mississippi team. He did a free fall in the 2010 draft, going #175 overall in the 6th round to Carolina. He's become an impact player with 26 sacks in the last 2 years, and is considered along with Jimmy Graham one of the top 2 players to be UFAs this year. He's been the one guy I would most love to add to the Pats for a while, but there's essentially 0% chance he gets out of Carolina.

Hardy has terrific explosiveness (36" VJ, 10'1" BJ) and excellent movement skills for a 290# DE. He plays inside as well as outside for the Panthers.

Robert Klemko of Peter King's MMQB series interviewed Hardy recently. While it's a bit OT, I thought it was worth posting on the draft forum, as we look at guys who could possibly slip in a deep, deep draft:

Greg Hardy is The MMQB's top-ranked free agent this offseason | The MMQB with Peter King

Some memorable lines:

My favorite part:

It's a nice interview, that gives a good sense of how strong the fire burns in Hardy's belly. That kind of talent + that kind of drive generally turns into something special.

And then there's this: "Back then I wasn’t the Kraken… I was just the Land Shark." :rofl:

2. ATippett56

ATippett56 Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +567 / 19 / -26

3. mayoclinic

mayoclinic PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +3,837 / 10 / -8

4. Hammer of Thor

Hammer of Thor On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +108 / 0 / -0