PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: In Plain Sight this Sunday Night...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Patsox23,

Curiosity question: What do you mean by "my episode"? I just hit the record button on my DVR, so should put you over the top for some great ratings. :)

Best of luck.

My title on the show is Executive Story Editor, but we all write episodes, collaborate on the "breaking" of stories, then go off and write our own episodes. Mine is tonight.

After a few months in the writers room, the show-runners/network asked me to move down to Albuquerque (where IPS is filmed) to be the on-set writer. This entails rewriting on the set, and quite a lot of rewriting (with the actors' input) of other episodes. That's no fun for the other writers, back in L.A., and it's an often uncomfortable situation for me. But the episodes are VERY MUCH what they wrote, and they are very talented folks.

It's a pretty exciting, if sometimes EXTREMELY tense, gig. Hope that helps.

Last edited:
let's see here:

I got the following, I think.

Bob Kratch & Wes Welker (the Little Engine That Could)

I loved all the Casablanca subplot, especially the ending at the airport.

Lot's of good Movie references. Shakespeare in Love, The Princess bride, When Harry Met Sally, Bourne Identity, Broadcast news, An Affair To remember..... those are the ones i caught off the top.

Have to say that was one of the best episodes I've seen. VERY tight acting and the deliveries were prompt, believable, and no hesitation or throw-away lines. I really Like Mary's character, and you can also see how the professionalism, her dedication to her work means she's missing out on things that everyone else takes for granted. In a sense, she's a lot like Coach B, or Lombardi, or all the others who put football first, last, and always.

Good work. :rocker:

The Dakotas.....stan...The DAKOTAS!!!!.....too funny

BTW,patsox......It's the Tobin bridge,hasn't been called the Mystic River bridge for 20 yrs.

let's see here:

I got the following, I think.

Bob Kratch & Wes Welker (the Little Engine That Could)

I loved all the Casablanca subplot, especially the ending at the airport.

Lot's of good Movie references. Shakespeare in Love, The Princess bride, When Harry Met Sally, Bourne Identity, Broadcast news, An Affair To remember..... those are the ones i caught off the top.

Have to say that was one of the best episodes I've seen. VERY tight acting and the deliveries were prompt, believable, and no hesitation or throw-away lines. I really Like Mary's character, and you can also see how the professionalism, her dedication to her work means she's missing out on things that everyone else takes for granted. In a sense, she's a lot like Coach B, or Lombardi, or all the others who put football first, last, and always.

Good work. :rocker:

also...."guys with boomboxes over their heads" is a reference to John Cusack in the movie "Say Anything"...w/Ione Skye(be still my heart!)

Last edited:
The Dakotas.....stan...The DAKOTAS!!!!.....too funny

BTW,patsox......It's the Tobin bridge,hasn't been called the Mystic River bridge for 20 yrs.

LOL, yes, I know, but I couldn't resist one more movie reference.

My title on the show is Executive Story Editor, but we all write episodes, collaborate on the "breaking" of stories, then go off and write our own episodes. Mine is tonight.

After a few months in the writers room, the show-runners/network asked me to move down to Albuquerque (where IPS is filmed) to be the on-set writer. This entails rewriting on the set, and quite a lot of rewriting (with the actors' input) of other episodes. That's no fun for the other writers, back in L.A., and it's an often uncomfortable situation for me. But the episodes are VERY MUCH what they wrote, and they are very talented folks.

It's a pretty exciting, if sometimes EXTREMELY tense, gig. Hope that helps.

Good stuff PatSox. I'll be checking it out.

LOL, yes, I know, but I couldn't resist one more movie reference.

Well, its still the Mystic River Bridge to me....and is for everyone over 45 in the Boston area.

Attaboy, patsfanken!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back