PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT-I'm Glad We're 5-1 and I'm Enjoying Our Season So Far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Five reasons .......

Aaron Hernandez
Rob Gronkowski
Devin McCourty
Brandon Spikes
Jermaine Cunningham

Honorable mention ..... Brandon Deaderick

1. 2nd half adjustments
2. defense growing up before our eyes
3. wilfork at DE
4. woodhead. seriously, short white guy + Pats uniform = awesome football!
5. at 5-1 we still have a chance to go 18-1 and get that taste out of our mouth!

Great season so far. Nice to be overachievers again.

We need every bit of attitude we can get because this team has some weaknesses and some great strengths too.

This is the first time we have had a totally young, totally revamped team in BB's time as coach of the Pats.

1.We're winning on the road.

2. It's fun watching our young defense emerge and grow.They're only going to get better.

3. Rookie TE's are both contributing in a big way, Hernie with the big plays down field and Gronk with the TD's and blocking.

4. We seem to have a better disposition. As good as Randy was he seemed to have a meh attitude about winning. Couldn't stand that.

5. This could be Belichick's finest season as coach. Right up there with 08 when Brady was out. And to think he's the jack of all trades. A one man coaching juggernaut. No designated OC or DC. Ok I know i'm being faceitious but the guy is proving to be the greatest coach of all time.

Great thread. Agree about this year's BB coaching being up there with 2008... and perhaps with 2001. :D

1.We're winning on the road.

This!!! Winning on the road is absolutely paramount to any team's success. Especially a team as young as us. Pats fans, up until last season, seemed to take the ability to win on the road for granted. After last year, I don't think we're doing that anymore. I have thoroughly enjoyed both wins in Miami and San Diego.

5 things in no particular order:

1. McCourty's play in the secondary as a rookie;
2. Woodhead and his all purpose ability as well as the ideal team attitude;
3. BB after the Miami win;
4. Hernandez and the return of the receiving tight end; and
5. Crumpler, another awesome team player with skills.

I expected a rough start with an emerging rookie defense and frankly could not be happier with the defensive line developments (especially without Warren). If the team continues to gel and stays healthy, it should be an interesting run for the gold.

Very nice thread PD......

1) The team's 2nd half play.

2) Loving Our Run D! Those alignments by BB were genius, and Deaderick is our best 2-gapping DE and he's proving it.

3) Our UDFA crop has come in. Woodhead, Arrington, Fletch, BJGE & Sergio Brown cannot say enough about this group.

4) Crable is not injured need i say more.

5) Safety play has been great to this juncture. Meriweather being the essential hammer down safety u need in the 3-4 and Chung turning into our all purpose guy hopefully he isnt hurt too bad.

Too many positives to mention. It is still very early, but for me the big thing is we are 5-1 and clearly have not come close to reaching our potential.

Here are five -- don't guarantee that they're the most important.

(1) Contributions from so many people -- Ninkovich and Guyton with their interceptions, for example. Think back to O-T-I-S or T-Buck.

(2) How many rookies and 2nd year players on the team? Almost all seem to be coming along week by week.

(3) BB is in charge of the defense.

(4) Welker is back and he'll get better as the season goes along.

(5) Alge Crumpler. Just love the guy.

I'm past the stage where I can enjoy close games while I'm watching them but I'm certainly enjoying the season. Now if only the Jets would lose a couple ...

I can't wait to see McCourty and Bodden play together.

One thing that always makes me happy about being a Pats fan is that you can enjoy now and the hope of the future (and memories of the past, for that matter). The FO doesn't take an all-or-nothing, win-at-all-costs-this-year-with-no-regard-for-the-future approach. I am in no way giving up on or failing to enjoy this year, but in the back of my mind I'm excited about the possibilities next year - getting players like Bodden and Ty Warren back from injury, seeing the sophomore improvement of this year's rookies, and adding new rookies with our boatload of quality picks.

I've also enjoyed:
- Shouting "IT'S GRONK TIME" every time the Pats reach the Red Zone.
- Watching Woodhead run
- Getting Branch back
- Good special teams play

Great thread.................. Enjoying and agreeing with most of the posts.

Every time I see Danny Woodhead bob and weave and juke and jive to another 1st down or close to one on third and long, he reminds me of Gumby.

BB hit major league home runs with McCourty, G-Forge, Spikes and Gonzalez!

Cunningham is learning a complex system but he looks like he's gonna blossom also..........

Aaron Gonzalez needs a nickname.... The Road- Runner?!? :cool:

I called it Off Topic because it doesn't seem to fit in with the threads here. Negative Nellie's Need Not Reply. Please list 5 things you like about the Pats so far this year. I'll start...

1. We're 5-1 and tied for 1st in our division, and one of only a few 1 loss teams in the entire league.

2. Even though we traded away a Hall of Fame Receiver, we have won both games we've played without him (PS - he's lost [although not his fault] both games he's played since).

3. After an up-and-down start, our young D seems to be rounding out into an impressive unit. 3rd and long is no longer a given 1st down for the opposition. We've made multiple "bend don't break" stops in the redzone, resulting in FGs rather than TDs, which has helped us win a couple of close games.

4. We have 2 road wins in places where we've had a lot of trouble winning in the past.

5. The Pats have a better attitude this year. They don't get down on themselves or count themselves out of games. We may be inconsistent, but so is everyone else, and with our coaches and QB, I like our chances our rounding into a powerhouse team over everyone else as the season goes on.

Anyone else enjoying the Pats or have something good to say?

All that, I have a good feeling about this team, not so much because of individual talent all put together, you just really get that sense that they truly are playing as a team. And they're physical, they're aggressive, and they're getting more confident every week.

Our games will be won and lost in the trenches and jmo but it's been way too long since we've seen this kind of party! So buckle up and take the ride:rocker: because we're being treated to some FOOTBALL, something that a lot of us have wanted to see from this team again.

Great thread, 5 stars :D

I must join my fellow Pats fans in the enjoyment of watching the youngsters (both sides of the football) flourish under BB's tutelage this year.

It's a whole new era of enjoyment for us.

Basically BB. I couldn't believe it when people say he is past it. He has reloaded this team and every year through the draft or his coaching puts this team in a position to win.

some names: Gronk, arrington, hernandez, mccourty, cunningham, spikes, mesko, tate, connely, woodhead, fletcher, deadrick, chung, vollmer,

All of those names if your honest about it were you really expecting them to perform as they have this year. How many of us when mccourty cunningham et al were drafted did we go who? or this early? but one thing we know is BB and the FO know what they are doing yeah they miss occasionally but so does every team.

is that 5 things?

1 BB getting rid of all the dead wood. Bums like Maroney.
2 BB as DC. He hasnt lost the magic.
3 Special Teams
4 Road wins.
5 Mayo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call