PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT-I'm Glad We're 5-1 and I'm Enjoying Our Season So Far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsDeb

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
I called it Off Topic because it doesn't seem to fit in with the threads here. Negative Nellie's Need Not Reply. Please list 5 things you like about the Pats so far this year. I'll start...

1. We're 5-1 and tied for 1st in our division, and one of only a few 1 loss teams in the entire league.

2. Even though we traded away a Hall of Fame Receiver, we have won both games we've played without him (PS - he's lost [although not his fault] both games he's played since).

3. After an up-and-down start, our young D seems to be rounding out into an impressive unit. 3rd and long is no longer a given 1st down for the opposition. We've made multiple "bend don't break" stops in the redzone, resulting in FGs rather than TDs, which has helped us win a couple of close games.

4. We have 2 road wins in places where we've had a lot of trouble winning in the past.

5. The Pats have a better attitude this year. They don't get down on themselves or count themselves out of games. We may be inconsistent, but so is everyone else, and with our coaches and QB, I like our chances our rounding into a powerhouse team over everyone else as the season goes on.

Anyone else enjoying the Pats or have something good to say?

I think that there are some lingering issues on this team which still need to be addressed. However, this is not the thread to bring that up. Suffice it to say, I'm very happy we're 5-1 too. Minnesota is coming in and is giving us every chance to push it to 6-1. As Nike's slogan says, let's do it.

Oh, and since I forgot to mention the five things that I like...

1. Formation of the defensive line as of late and how it's been working against the opponent's run game.

2. The emergence of the rookies, IE - Aaron Hernandez, Gronkowski, McCourty, Spikes, etc.

3. Danny Woodhead.

4. Seeing Mayo returning to his 2008 form after injury in 2009.

5. Brandon Meriweather and his ability to lay the wood.

Last edited:
I called it Off Topic because it doesn't seem to fit in with the threads here. Negative Nellie's Need Not Reply. Please list 5 things you like about the Pats so far this year. I'll start...

GRONK
GRONK
GRONK
GRONK
GRONK :D

Seriously, though (in no particular order, outside of #1):

GRONK
Hernandez
McCourty
Mesko
Spikes

Last edited:
I can't wait to see McCourty and Bodden play together.

1. We're 5-1 and tied for 1st in our division, and one of only a few 1 loss teams in the entire league.

2. Even though we traded away a Hall of Fame Receiver, we have won both games we've played without him (PS - he's lost [although not his fault] both games he's played since).

3. After an up-and-down start, our young D seems to be rounding out into an impressive unit. 3rd and long is no longer a given 1st down for the opposition. We've made multiple "bend don't break" stops in the redzone, resulting in FGs rather than TDs, which has helped us win a couple of close games.

4. We have 2 road wins in places where we've had a lot of trouble winning in the past.

5. The Pats have a better attitude this year. They don't get down on themselves or count themselves out of games. We may be inconsistent, but so is everyone else, and with our coaches and QB, I like our chances our rounding into a powerhouse team over everyone else as the season goes on.

Greetings,
Look at all the talent Dallas has and only fields a 1-5 record. The Giants nearly tried to give the game away, in the fourth, to the Cowboys, yet they still could not capitalize. The Patriots could be playing better, but they are playing very smart football and have seemed to learn from their mistakes last season, when they gave leads away to loose games.

They have also won two games, in opposing teams stadiums, this early in the season and have also showed fight when being behind, ex. Baltimore game.
I am very thankful for this team being 5-1. As I stated earlier, look at Dallas. Things could be a lot worse, too bad people do not realize that.

Peace,
Celticboy04

I'm becoming a real believer in Woodhead this season. Such a great pickup by the team who has made some big contributions. Gronk has also really emerged into a team player too. Yeah its not perfect football and there's issues that need to be worked on... but damn I'm happy to be 5-1!

As Nike's slogan says, let's do it.

:D

I'm very happy with the season so far. The team scares me some weeks, but it makes me appreciate the victories a bit more. I'm hoping the offense can find its rhythm here soon though. Statistically it looks well, but they definitely seem to have a lot of ups and downs. The defense is playing well, but I'd be a lot more comfortable with the team if the offense was really rolling.

1. Pats 38, Bengals 24
2. Pats 38, Bills 30
3. Pats 41, Dolphins 14
4. Pats 23, Ravens 20
5. Pats 23, Chargers 20

#1 the Safteis Meriweather, and Chung, have relly been makeing WR's think twice about going over the middle

#2 the way the front 7 has been playing as of late

#3 Aaron hernandez, he gets my vote for ROTY

#4 better play calling on both sides of the ball

#5 Tom Brady, 11 TD's only 4 INT's

Not to nitpick, but he has won 1; they beat the Cowboys last week.

I am thrilled with how the season is going.

1. Best record in the league (tie)
2. Best record in the division (tie)
3. Best record in the conference (tie)
4. Return of a Patriots-like attitude, in many ways.
5. So many no/new-name players making plays.

Last edited:

I don't either. :)

In the past, if the score was close or we were behind at the half it was almost unpleasant to watch the 2nd half of games. There were rarely adjustments and when there were it was usually an adjustment in the wrong direction.

Now, even if we're behind by over a score late it games my attitude is more like "I can't wait to see what Belichick and Brady have in store for these chumps (our opponents)." :)

Last edited:
Not to nitpick, but he has won 1; they beat the Cowboys last week.

I am thrilled with how the season is going.

Yikes, I'm losing it. All the negativity has caused my mind to go negative! Thanks for the correction and I am glad there are a few other Pats fans out there enjoying the season thus far.

So, let me get this right. We are 5-1 and should be happy and enjoying it?

OK, that's fine on the streets of Homerville.

But what about all those fans who can't be happy unless they are unhappy? What about all those fans that want to be critical 5 mins after the game and second guess everything? :cool:

I'll add:

1. with 21 rookies and second year players on the roster and several 3rd year players 5-1 is more than I expected.
2. Just split the rest of the games and it's the 10th consecutive winning season. I expect more than a split and certainly good playoff postition.

Last edited:
1. Getting back to Patriot football...BB tore down the flair in the clubhouse and everyone has responded so far...

2. Rookies starting and making an impact

3. TE's taking the pressure off Welker... he will come back to form

4. Mayo back to being a tackling machine

5. O-line holding up despite missing a pro-bowl LG

It looks good for this season and the future. If this is a rebuild /learning year cant wait to see everything in place....Go Pats

Winning a couple tough gameson the road is a breath of fresh air versus last year.

I'm glad to see Belichicks drafting prowess being validated right before our eyes. BB has received alot of flack over the last few drafts. but right now we're getting solid contribution from mccourty, spikes, chung, cunningham, deaderick, mayo, tate, connolly, mesko, ingram (the forgotten man), hernandez, gronkowski,etc. We also hit on undrafted players.

Bill has a vision for this team and I believe it's shaping into form faster than he could've imagined.

Next year we get back Bodden, Ty Warren, Kaczur, Faulk. With the team as good as it is already, thats like bringing in four really good free agents. this team will also make some moves in free agency next year.

We will also have the ability to be major players in next years draft. simply put, we have tons of flexibility in next years draft and that flexibility should net us some impact players.

I truly believe that bill very close to setting up a new era of dominant N.E. Patriots football.

My five:

1) The attitude of the team seems a lot more like the early half of the decade. Us against the world, team effort, no one is bigger than the team, etc. A part of me was worried that that attitude was all because of players like Bruschi, Vrabel, Brown, etc, and that it would never come back, but we're seeing it this year with a new group of guys. Awesome stuff.

2) With so many young guys, you can feel a difference in Belichick as a coach. I really think he's enjoying the instruction he can give the youth, and seeing them progress game by game, while immensely satisfying to fans, has to be 100 times better for him.

3) I enjoyed 2007 (or 99.9% of it). It was great to be dominant, to witness history, and to share it with everyone. But there is something uniquely appealing about the scratch and claw wins, that when I'm driving home from wherever I'm watching the game, I'm PUMPED. After a blowout win, it was like completing a business deal. That game is done, what's next. Now I'm legitimately excited for every victory, and it feels good. A blowout now and again would be nice though ;)

4) The obvious one, we're tied for the best record in the league. That means each game is being played for higher stakes and positioning.

5) Woodhead, only because I'm a fellow shortie. He represents us 5'7" guys well :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down