PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Huge Patriots "easter egg" in Captain America: The Winter Soldier

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where's Adam Crable? And Shawn Seward?

Don't forget that Chris Evans is a huge Patriots fan.

Awesome find! Seeing how the topic is the movie I highly recommend it to those of you who love movies. Best superhero movie I've seen since the Dark Knight.

Turns out Chris Evans was born in Boston - maybe he had a hand in this? Interesting...

Awesome find! Seeing how the topic is the movie I highly recommend it to those of you who love movies. Best superhero movie I've seen since the Dark Knight.
Really? I thought it was abject garbage and only gave it 2 stars thanks to Scarlett Johansson's captivating beauty. Mind you, I do like a lot of the actors in the movie.

IMO, I consider it a slap to the face of the Nolan Batman trilogy (The Dark Knight is incredible on so many levels) to even mention the two franchises in the same breath.

Really? I thought it was abject garbage and only gave it 2 stars thanks to Scarlett Johansson's captivating beauty. Mind you, I do like a lot of the actors in the movie.

IMO, I consider it a slap to the face of the Nolan Batman trilogy (The Dark Knight is incredible on so many levels) to even mention the two franchises in the same breath.
The Dark Knight Rises was much more of an insult. Apparently Nolan had built up enough credit with the first two that people are willing to ignore how much of a mess the third one is.

Edit: I'm genuinely curious how The Dark Knight would have been viewed had Ledger not died.

The Dark Knight trilogy is deeply and earnestly fascist, in some ways the polar opposite of, for instance, Starship Troopers.

The Dark Knight Rises was much more of an insult. Apparently Nolan had built up enough credit with the first two that people are willing to ignore how much of a mess the third one is.

Edit: I'm genuinely curious how The Dark Knight would have been viewed had Ledger not died.

Probably still the same. That's still the best superhero movie of all time regardless of what happens with Ledger. All that you have added in with his demise is a little sprinkle of dead hero worship.

Probably still the same. That's still the best superhero movie of all time regardless of what happens with Ledger. All that you have added in with his demise is a little sprinkle of dead hero worship.
I'd argue it was more than a little. The box office, for example, received a massive bump from the first movie (over $300M more!!!), and then TDKR made nearly $100M less. No sequel has ever behaved even remotely close to that before or since. I don't think that's a coincidence.

Then again, I don't consider TDK to be the greatest superhero movie ever, either. It had serious flaws, but was still a great movie.

Last edited:
I'd argue it was more than a little. The box office, for example, received a massive bump from the first movie (over $300M more!!!), and then TDKR made nearly $100M less. No sequel has ever behaved even remotely close to that before or since. I don't think that's a coincidence.

Then again, I don't consider TDK to be the greatest superhero movie ever, either. It had serious flaws, but was still a great movie.
I thought you were speaking from a quality standpoint and not a financial standpoint. Financially, there is no doubt the movie benefitted from Ledger's death. But, from a quality standpoint, he crushed that role and the role would have been remembered favorably whether he passed away or not.

Just out of curiosity, what do you consider the best superhero movie of all time?

I thought you were speaking from a quality standpoint and not a financial standpoint. Financially, there is no doubt the movie benefitted from Ledger's death. But, from a quality standpoint, he crushed that role and the role would have been remembered favorably whether he passed away or not.

Just out of curiosity, what do you consider the best superhero movie of all time?
I don't disagree about his role, he was amazing. I mean how the movie was received overall. I think his performance and the sadness of his last film served to cover up a lot of flaws.

To answer your question, I'd say the first Avengers movie. I'd also put Winter Soldier, Civil War, and probably Spider-Man 2 over TDK. Then again, I think that Batman Begins was the best of that trilogy.

I don't disagree about his role, he was amazing. I mean how the movie was received overall. I think his performance and the sadness of his last film served to cover up a lot of flaws.

To answer your question, I'd say the first Avengers movie. I'd also put Winter Soldier, Civil War, and probably Spider-Man 2 over TDK. Then again, I think that Batman Begins was the best of that trilogy.
So you're a Marvel guy, then.

So you're a Marvel guy, then.
Not to the exclusion of DC, no. Marvel Studios just happens to currently make more great movies. It probably has something to do with them hiring people who actually know and like superheroes. Snyder's doing his best to murder the DCEU in the crib, and they're hemorrhaging directors on other films. I doubt those things are unrelated.

On another note, I just started watching The Flash with my son, and that show's awesome. We're going to start Arrow, too.

The Dark Knight trilogy is deeply and earnestly fascist, in some ways the polar opposite of, for instance, Starship Troopers.

Without getting into the politics, let me simply say that I've both read the book and seen the movie. They're both awful, each in their own unique way.

Not to the exclusion of DC, no. Marvel Studios just happens to currently make more great movies. It probably has something to do with them hiring people who actually know and like superheroes. Snyder's doing his best to murder the DCEU in the crib, and they're hemorrhaging directors on other films. I doubt those things are unrelated.

On another note, I just started watching The Flash with my son, and that show's awesome. We're going to start Arrow, too.

You mean, for example, the idea of casting a new Flash for the movies because the TV show is too optimistic?

You mean, for example, the idea of casting a new Flash for the movies because the TV show is too optimistic?
I just heard that the other day and couldn't believe it.

Hopefully we'll see a "Civil War" this season as the Pats destroy the league.

What! No Jake Bequette?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick