PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Greg Hardy to MMA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hate to tell him this, but the UFC does drug tests on their fighters.... How he gonna get around that?

But if he does pass if he fights Lesnar or McGregor, I'll pay the insane $49.99 PPV fee to see the carnage.

Hate to tell him this, but the UFC does drug tests on their fighters.... How he gonna get around that?

But if he does pass if he fights Lesnar or McGregor, I'll pay the insane $49.99 PPV fee to see the carnage.

You definitely will never see him fight McGregor, as McGregor is a featherweight/lightweight/welterweight. The highest weight class you'll ever see him in is 170 lbs, whereas Hardy will be a heavyweight. The trash talking from McGregor would be fantastic though, as he would be the only fighter on the roster who would mention Hardy's woman-beating past.

You'll likely never see him fight Lesnar either, because Lesnar was just caught juicing and is facing a possible 2 year suspension, at which point he would be 41. I doubt he would return to the octagon.

I recall watching Mark Gastineau fight. Vicious defensive end for the Jets, big, strong, quick, athletic, and totally unskilled in the ring. He had over a dozen fights. I remember watching him fight a much smaller journeyman opponent, Tim Anderson maybe?, who had clearly put years into technique, and he just plastered the former All-Pro with accuracy and footwork.
That said, Gastineau retired with a bunch of wins. Several former opponents later admitted they were paid to take a dive.

Oddly enough, Ronda is dating a UFC heavyweight, named Travis Browne, who beat the **** out of an ex. Browne vs Hardy would be an interesting fight between two women beaters. Although Browne would likely finish Hardy within 3 minutes.

I don't think Rousey is some innocent little school girl either though, I'm pretty sure she kicked the **** out of an ex-boyfriend, including a UFC style knee to his face

I wouldn't want to be around Rousey and Browne if they ever got into a heated argument lol... Browne could handle himself, but Rousey could probably kick the crap out of every single male on this message board with relative ease

The last Lesner UFC PPV was like $70 or so, and I paid it lol.. I would definitely pay to watch Hardy get his skull kicked in

I don't think Rousey is some innocent little school girl either though, I'm pretty sure she kicked the **** out of an ex-boyfriend, including a UFC style knee to his face

I wouldn't want to be around Rousey and Browne if they ever got into a heated argument lol... Browne could handle himself, but Rousey could probably kick the crap out of every single male on this message board with relative ease

I agree. Ronda is a huge c#nt from what I've seen. She's pretty emotionally unstable, too. She said she was suicidal after losing her first fight.

The last Lesner UFC PPV was like $70 or so, and I paid it lol.. I would definitely pay to watch Hardy get his skull kicked in

And UFC 200 turned out to be such a huge disappointment. UFC 202 was vastly superior, and it ended up getting more PPV buys (it set a record for most buys in UFC history) despite not being advertised as much.

Glad he has an opportunity to get his ass kicked.

I agree. Ronda is a huge c#nt from what I've seen. She's pretty emotionally unstable, too. She said she was suicidal after losing her first fight.
I like her.

"...probably...?":)

"...probably...?":)

hehe well i have to protect the fragile egos of some posters, so the "probably" allows them to be like "not me, no way no chick would whoop my ass! no sir!" ;)

hehe well i have to protect the fragile egos of some posters, so the "probably" allows them to be like "not me, no way no chick would whoop my ass! no sir!" ;)
I'll volunteer to handle the bookmaking for every one of those bouts. Over/under is 23 seconds...

As someone who trains Jiu Jitsu, I will take great pleasure in seeing Hardy get choked
I've been an instructor in Muay Thai for 3 years (training for over 10 years) and this punk has no idea how long and hard he'll have to train before he can step foot in the ring with someone who knows what they are doing. Ive seen plenty of huge guys in their prime get dropped in this manner.

If he's thinking that he can get by on athleticism and a tough-guy (that beats up women) reputation, he's so wrong.

You know what's a better place for him than MMA? Prison!

I'd pay cash money to watch her kick the **** out of him...

Damn I got here too late to this thread, all the good jokes were taken. But yes, I would pay money to watch her ***** slap his ass.

Hell I'd pay money for her to kick my ass.

I've been an instructor in Muay Thai for 3 years (training for over 10 years) and this punk has no idea how long and hard he'll have to train before he can step foot in the ring with someone who knows what they are doing. Ive seen plenty of huge guys in their prime get dropped in this manner.

If he's thinking that he can get by on athleticism and a tough-guy (that beats up women) reputation, he's so wrong.

It's going to be like "Bully Beatdown". Good times.

Brock Lesnar got by on athleticism, size and strength. Sure, he had a legitimate NCAA wrestling background, but even back then, most of his teammates said he he really had no wrestling skill. He was simply bigger and stronger than everybody, and that's how he excelled. Same thing in MMA. The guy had nearly zero MMA skill - and this was something agreed upon by many former/current fighters and analysts - but because he was bigger and more athletic than most, he was able to become UFC heavyweight champion within a year of his first MMA fight. His lack of skill/fight instinct was evident when he fought significantly more skilled mixed martial artists like Velasquez and Overeem, who made him look like an absolute *****.

I'm not saying Hardy will achieve what Brock did (mostly because the top of the division is far better than it was when Brock started) but it's not out of the realm of possibility that he can get by on athleticism and size against some of the unranked or lower ranked fighters with sufficient training.

However, I would love to see him in there with Stipe Miocic or Cain Velasquez, or even Fabricio Werdum. They would beat him senseless and leave him with permanent brain damage.

Brock Lesnar got by on athleticism, size and strength. Sure, he had a legitimate NCAA wrestling background, but even back then, most of his teammates said he he really had no wrestling skill. He was simply bigger and stronger than everybody, and that's how he excelled. Same thing in MMA. The guy had nearly zero MMA skill - and this was something agreed upon by many former/current fighters and analysts - but because he was bigger and more athletic than most, he was able to become UFC heavyweight champion within a year of his first MMA fight. His lack of skill/fight instinct was evident when he fought significantly more skilled mixed martial artists like Velasquez and Overeem, who made him look like an absolute *****.

I'm not saying Hardy will achieve what Brock did (mostly because the top of the division is far better than it was when Brock started) but it's not out of the realm of possibility that he can get by on athleticism and size against some of the unranked or lower ranked fighters with sufficient training.

However, I would love to see him in there with Stipe Miocic or Cain Velasquez, or even Fabricio Werdum. They would beat him senseless and leave him with permanent brain damage.
Agreed with many of your points, especially on the hope that Hardy will ultimately get pummeled to a pulp. Although frankly, I think that you are overestimating size and athleticism over technique in MMA. Fedor is widely considered the greatest heavyweight (untouchable for up to a decade) and one of the greatest MMA fighters of all time and he was small for his weight class. He could have easily fought as a light heavyweight or possibly middleweight.

As far as Lesner goes, Agreed that he gets by a lot on athleticism and size, but I wouldn't underestimate his wrestling background that goes back to high school - theres a lot of years of experience and muscle memory there that transfers very well to the octagon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back