PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT ESPN cost cutting and layoffs

I'll never forget when Gardner, then known as Gail Granik, worked at WBZ-TV, then the NBC affiliate, on the Pats pre-game show; and on one of them asked Pete Brock during his rookie season in 1976 if there were any plans for him to line-up as an eligible receiver (maybe he started as a TE in college?) in a future game... He just laughed a bit; but sure enough a week or two later there he was, catching the only TD of his career!

Did she get it from FESPN or from NBC?
My understanding is she left ESPN for NBC because they didn't want to pay a woman more than man and was not renewed by NBC because of her age.

They just need to get back to old school. Used to enjoy the logger competitions where guys were bolting up the poles in their gaffs and chopping wood. They could go with alternative sports/rec like cornhole and frisbee golf and I’d probably toon in once in awhile. Stick with sports coverage and NFL games.

What I can’t do is listen to the morality shows like stephen smith and van pelt. There’s enough bad **** in this world to ponder and they’ve been pumping that into what is supposed to be a outlet away from all that.

Sean Salisbury talked about this in his book.

o_O
I thought you were joking, but he really did say that. It’s not that shocking as I’m sure many female reporters sleep with athletes they have an eye as they are a fan of the sport.

But after he also mentions that John Clayton was getting a bunch of ass and Kirk Heirbstreet was asking for advice is where it sounds like he’s joking. Remember, he and Clayton had one odd on air relationship where it sure seemed like Salsbury disliked him.

I thought you were joking, but he really did say that. It’s not that shocking as I’m sure many female reporters sleep with athletes they have an eye as they are a fan of the sport.

But after he also mentions that John Clayton was getting a bunch of ass and Kirk Heirbstreet was asking for advice is where it sounds like he’s joking. Remember, he and Clayton had one odd on air relationship where it sure seemed like Salsbury disliked him.
The Clayton part cracked me up.

Also the "Salisbury steak" bit... yikes

ESPN needs to get rid of Malika Andrews and Molly Qerim. Both of them have been pretty well hated for some time. I remember Qerim was the quiet, humble rather unknown anchor that just did her job at the NFL Network. But after getting the gig at ESPN, she’s been known for interrupting debates and making her personal opinions known derailing the conversation. Andrews is flat out disrespectful and she got put in her place by Stephen A Smith regarding the Udoka situation.

ESPN needs to get rid of Malika Andrews and Molly Qerim. Both of them have been pretty well hated for some time. I remember Qerim was the quiet, humble rather unknown anchor that just did her job at the NFL Network. But after getting the gig at ESPN, she’s been known for interrupting debates and making her personal opinions known derailing the conversation. Andrews is flat out disrespectful and she got put in her place by Stephen A Smith regarding the Udoka situation.
I believe you, but have no clue who you are talking about, which is a good reminder for me to finally cut the cord and stop paying for all of the crap that I don't watch. Dropping Comcast tomorrow for Fidium and a couple of streaming services.

I believe you, but have no clue who you are talking about, which is a good reminder for me to finally cut the cord and stop paying for all of the crap that I don't watch. Dropping Comcast tomorrow for Fidium and a couple of streaming services.
I hadn't heard of Fidium. They're slowly expanding in TX, but they're mostly around the Houston Area, Currently.

I really hate how there are so few choices then it comes to Fiber..

I’m pretty sure those excerpts of his books were parody.

I hadn't heard of Fidium. They're slowly expanding in TX, but they're mostly around the Houston Area, Currently.

I really hate how there are so few choices then it comes to Fiber..
Yep, I didn't have a real choice either (Nashua) for fast internet until they came on the scene last year. I was going to make the switch but the early word was Fidium wasn't overly reliable at first, but I've seen less and less complaints, and am willing to assume the risk to get away from Comcast.

The Clayton part cracked me up.

Also the "Salisbury steak" bit... yikes
I had to look that up.
The debate shows are really bad.
I’m pretty sure those excerpts of his books were parody.
That’s what it sounded like.

My understanding is she left ESPN for NBC because they didn't want to pay a woman more than man and was not renewed by NBC because of her age.
Whatever her age was, she looked good for it!
I think of her whenever the subject of female sports reporting comes up. Len Berman was the host of Patriots '76.

I was looking forward to the AFCCG show before the game in Three Rivers a week later, until Dreith & Co. ruined everything.

F ESPN. Those a-holes constantly call for (and celebrate when) athletes to be cut, coaches to be fired, teams do poorly, etc, etc. They revel in other peoples' misery.

I only wish more of those pricks were out of a job.

I wish they had included Hannah Storm on their list.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back