PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT ESPN cost cutting and layoffs

Kellerman fell off a cliff … Bwaaahahahahahaha

Suzy will be snapped up by any of the other NFL broadcast networks by July 7 at the latest

It hasn't helped that their Marvel "product" absolutely sucks now.
It's all entertainment - a real "Great Reset" frankly. Why pay for content when you can get it for free or very reduced cost was the lesson society learned during the pandemic.

Tank a movie at the multiplex and you get it streaming a month later. ESPN? Twitter killed it. YouTube and other "non-professional" content such as podcasting is destroying "scripted" TV (which was dominated by reality stylings pre-pandemic already so again why pay to watch someone being stupid in their lives on cable when free is way better)?

Just six companies - AT&T, CBS, Comcast, Disney, Newscorp and Viacom own 90% of American entertainment (and really only being saved from total devastation by the China market and investment BTW) and despite the near monopoly are being beat by the Tech Giants/internet.

Suzy will be snapped up by any of the other NFL broadcast networks by July 7 at the latest
I suppose, but the one who needed her the most was ESPN. Aikman and Buck got paid, Suzie got dumped.

It's all entertainment - a real "Great Reset" frankly. Why pay for content when you can get it for free or very reduced cost was the lesson society learned during the pandemic.

Tank a movie at the multiplex and you get it streaming a month later. ESPN? Twitter killed it. YouTube and other "non-professional" content such as podcasting is destroying "scripted" TV (which was dominated by reality stylings pre-pandemic already so again why pay to watch someone being stupid in their lives on cable when free is way better)?

Just six companies - AT&T, CBS, Comcast, Disney, Newscorp and Viacom own 90% of American entertainment (and really only being saved from total devastation by the China market and investment BTW) and despite the near monopoly are being beat by the Tech Giants/internet.
I agree, and a big part of that was/is you could duck out of ads by paying for u2b premium and/or skipping past commerials in podcasts. I hope they don't kill the goose laying the golden eggs.

As for 'regular TV', I've been out on it for a long time now. I just didn't get all the insipid comedies and dramas trying their best to appeal to the lowest common denominator to bring in the ad dollars. It's all a huge wasteland to me. I won't miss it when it goes swirling around the toilet.

Why does Mark Jones still have a job?

Suzy Kolber was the only reason to watch ESPN
Love Suzy Kolber! Happy girl next door who loves football. Always smiling always made tyou happy! She will be missed.

However, happy that Keyshawn and Jalen Rose are gone. Especially Keyshawn who was miserable. I do not feel sorry for any of them. They all made millions and will be fine.

I think a smart play might be to make the twincast ESPN/ABC thing permanent. They're both Disney. An NFL game is easily more of a ratings grabber than any network content.

Sean Salisbury talked about this in his book.
Oh man, if ppl only knew. Namath came off in the media like a horny, creepy drunk guy. But what ppl don’t know is that like 10 minutes later Joe was plowing Suzy back in one of the vans. Joe’s awesome. He didn’t even care about that story. He told me once: ‘Don’t worry about what people say about u as long ur gettin’ ur bone smooched.’ He’s an American hero.
o_O

Bloodbath today. Keyshawn Johnson, Suzy Kolber, Max Kellerman, Jalen Rose, Jeff Van Gundy all let go. Wow.

Yikes.

Suzy is the only one I have a bit of a reaction to as shes been with the network since I got married 27 years ago.

Hope she saved her pennies and can retire gracefully.

Yeah of all the ones I've seen, this is the one that surprises/disappoints me the most, Hasselbeck the other... She & Linda Cohn are two of the very, Very few females in the business for whom I have any respect whatsoever.

Yeah of all the ones I've seen, this is the one that surprises/disappoints me the most, Hasselbeck the other... She & Linda Cohn are two of the very, Very few females in the business for whom I have any respect whatsoever.
Gayle Gardner and Sage Steele also got screwed over.

Gayle Gardner and Sage Steele also got screwed over.

I'll never forget when Gardner, then known as Gail Granik, worked at WBZ-TV, then the NBC affiliate, on the Pats pre-game show; and on one of them asked Pete Brock during his rookie season in 1976 if there were any plans for him to line-up as an eligible receiver (maybe he started as a TE in college?) in a future game... He just laughed a bit; but sure enough a week or two later there he was, catching the only TD of his career!

Did she get it from FESPN or from NBC?

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back