PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Eric Decker to IR

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's what happens to a star laden, CAP strapped team with absolutely no depth and glaring weaknesses at several starting spots. Predicatable as the Sun rising...

I read that 3 players (Mevis, Wilkerson & Marshall) take up over 25% of their cap. That is definitely not the way to build a successful nyjfl team.

Especially when all 3 of those players aren't coming close to earning their salaries

This will definitely cause some serious problems on offense for them, more than they already have with Fitzmagic throwing endless interceptions.. Now teams can focus on Marshall and limit his effectiveness.. and they'll be forced to rely on a 30+ year old running back and no other weapons to speak of

I had the Jets as a WC team that could potentially give us fits for the division, but the defense and offense have vastly under performed relative to expectations.. I was legit in awe at their defensive line, but it doesn't seem to be doing too much good for them, teams are successful running, passing and doing pretty much whatever they want to the Jets all year long so far

Very surprising how poorly they're doing, but I couldn't be more thrilled about it!

I never take any pleasure from the misfortune of another player on a competitor. It's just low-class.

A speedy recovery to Mr. Decker.

So with the Jets and Dolphins seasons pretty much already over (Miami just dumped two OL that started last Sunday), that means that the Pats only competition for the division is Buffalo who, at some point, will take a nose dive. 2016 is going swimmingly thus far.

I read that 3 players (Mevis, Wilkerson & Marshall) take up over 25% of their cap. That is definitely not the way to build a successful nyjfl team.
It's not over, but close. Revis' cap hit is 17 million, Wilkerson 10 million, Marshall 9.5 million. Together 23.35 percent of the cap. The next two are Nick Mangold at 8.6 million and David Harris at 7.5 million. Their top-5 command 33.65 percent of the cap.

By comparison the Patriots' top-5 are Brady at 13.8 million, Solder at 10.3 million, Hightower at 7.7 million, Sheard at 6.8 million and Gronk at 6.6 million taking up 30.65 percent. It's "only" three percent difference, but the key is who is getting the money.

Especially when all 3 of those players aren't coming close to earning their salaries

Hmmm. I was under the impression that those numbers are pretty normal for NFL teams.

Hmmm. I was under the impression that those numbers are pretty normal for NFL teams.
The key is not how much you assign to your top players, but who gets the top player money. Revis' cap hit is starting QB type of money. His 17 million is in the range of players like Brees, Rivers or Alex Smith (and Jay Cutler). The second-highest cap hit for a CB is Sherman at 14.8 million.

With all due respect, when placed in contrast to the political bile that has plagued this board for months that very brief exchange between Gronkowski123 and me was as mild as could be. In fact, I'm not sure it was political at all. Sociological? Perhaps. Ironically, I recently and, rather profanely, bemoaned here that this board, at least to me, has become unilaterally political and it sucks. So, if you're looking for coconuts to fall, go shake another f###### tree...

1. I'm here and talk football and things related to the game.
2. This wasn't addressed to you specifically, which leads me to...
3. Go shake your own f****** tree, and take your coconuts with you.

As far as Decker goes, sucks to be him. As far as the jests, it couldn't happen to a nicer bunch of failures.

1. I'm here and talk football and things related to the game.
2. This wasn't addressed to you specifically, which leads me to...
3. Go shake your own f****** tree, and take your coconuts with you.
Well, it directly followed my post and you said it was directed toward anyone and everyone, so that's me. My frustration with the political takeover of this forum is well documented, so you were preaching to the choir. For what it's worth, I've always enjoyed your posts and I know for sure we've never had any disagreements. With that said, I'll reiterate that what I posted was arguably not political at all and when compared with the absolute political fecal matter that's been thrown around here it was as mild as could be. I was pissed off at the thought that you were directing your ire at me. It was justifiable anger you exhibited, but I don't think your target group should have included me. There certainly have been times when I deserved to be targeted, but this wasn't one of them. Anyway, rant over.

Well, it directly followed my post and you said it was directed toward anyone and everyone, so that's me. My frustration with the political takeover of this forum is well documented, so you were preaching to the choir. For what it's worth, I've always enjoyed your posts and I know for sure we've never had any disagreements. With that said, I'll reiterate that what I posted was arguably not political at all and when compared with the absolute political fecal matter that's been thrown around here it was as mild as could be. I was pissed off at the thought that you were directing your ire at me. It was justifiable anger you exhibited, but I don't think your target group should have included me. There certainly have been times when I deserved to be targeted, but this wasn't one of them. Anyway, rant over.

I've never had an issue with you Jackson2. I just come here to talk Pats and enjoy the jests failures (and a few other teams. Okay all other teams). We may or may not agree on things, I don't know. But If you're a Pats fan that's all I care about. Same team. We're all good as far as I'm concerned.

I've never had an issue with you Jackson2. I just come here to talk Pats and enjoy the jests failures (and a few other teams. Okay all other teams). We may or may not agree on things, I don't know. But If you're a Pats fan that's all I care about. Same team. We're all good as far as I'm concerned.
Couldn't agree more. I'm here just because I really like football and I love this team. And, yes, we're all good.

Rotator cuff I think. When that baby completely tears you cannot move your arm.
Thanks, Rob. That sucks for them. Decker is actually not a bad receiver and has games where he even looks elite. Hey, remember when people were saying this was the Jets' time? LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft