PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Eric Decker to IR

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's been a lot better for them than a lot of us expected. It's weird how quickly they went off the rails, I really thought they'd be a WC team this year.

Take a look at their schedule. They really haven't lost to anyone that was a surprise. With their schedule, they had a real shot of starting out 0-7, and they've still got a real shot at 1-6 (@Cardinals, home against Ravens). Their schedule is a lot easier in the second half, even with them having to play the Patriots twice.

Decker was playing great. Marshall won't last without him.

The link points out the danger of front-loading a team (Denver needs to stay healthy to have a chance).

Compare that to the Patriots - they'll roll to wins with Edelmen only making a couple of catches, Amendola going clutch once or twice a game, Gronk and Bennett sharing sweat, Hogan and Mitchell catching a few between them.

And Lewis is coming back...and James White has been surprisingly good yet again...

His lack of production was not his fault.

He's been a lot better for them than a lot of us expected. It's weird how quickly they went off the rails, I really thought they'd be a WC team this year.

That's what happens to a star laden, CAP strapped team with absolutely no depth and glaring weaknesses at several starting spots. Predicatable as the Sun rising...

They have a real shot to draft in the top 5, apart from the Browns the stinko club is winning (Rams, titans, jags supposedly should Win more than 5 this season, san diego should have 3 wins by now if they were not San Diego)...

if the jets release this guy in the offseason, i can see him landing here. let amendola leave..

a white outside receiver, along with hogan?:D

if the jets release this guy in the offseason, i can see him landing here. let amendola leave..

a white outside receiver, along with hogan?:D
What does his race have to do with anything? Implying we favor Caucasian receivers? Or do you?

Jesus jumped up Christ on a horse driven chariot... keep it on football. Leave the racial talk at the political forum or anywhere else but here. This is addressed at anyone and everyone.

Why feel bad for him? He's lucky. He won't have to play for the Jets this year.

This.
I never wish injury on anyone but good for Decker, Its like being paroled.

Take a look at their schedule. They really haven't lost to anyone that was a surprise. With their schedule, they had a real shot of starting out 0-7, and they've still got a real shot at 1-6 (@Cardinals, home against Ravens). Their schedule is a lot easier in the second half, even with them having to play the Patriots twice.

So either way, we can sit back and enjoy it. IF they go 2-14, we can just laugh all the way through the year, and then watch them bungle the high draft pick. IF they turn it around mid season and have a typical mediocre year, they miss the playoffs and have another middling draft position.

images

Two weeks from Halloween & the NYJ are already out. Can't say I'm sad re their plight.

Jesus jumped up Christ on a horse driven chariot... keep it on football. Leave the racial talk at the political forum or anywhere else but here. This is addressed at anyone and everyone.
With all due respect, when placed in contrast to the political bile that has plagued this board for months that very brief exchange between Gronkowski123 and me was as mild as could be. In fact, I'm not sure it was political at all. Sociological? Perhaps. Ironically, I recently and, rather profanely, bemoaned here that this board, at least to me, has become unilaterally political and it sucks. So, if you're looking for coconuts to fall, go shake another f###### tree...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back