PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Drew Bledsoe Mary's Boyfriend?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Brady or BB never came on the scene, Drew is in the same discussion with Carl Yastremski.

The problem is that both of them exposed Drew's flaws as a QB and a person.
The "and a person" part got to me. Drew did have flaws as a QB and he didn't work as hard as Brady at football. But I know of no flaws 'as a person" that can be attributed to Drew. I thought he handled the situation extremely well after he returned from his near death injury.
Please tell us what you meant or maybe we are better off not knowing.

Figured I might as well drop a quote...

Pat Healy: My real passion is my hobby.

Mary: Really, what's that?

Pat Healy: I work with ******s.

Mary: Isn't that a little, uhm, politically incorrect?

Pat Healy: Well, heh, to hell with that... no one's going to tell me who I can and can't work with, right?

Mary: No, I mean...

Pat Healy: We got this one kid, Mongo... He's got a forehead like a drive-in movie theatre, but he's a good kid. So we don't bust his chops too much. So, one day Mongo gets out of his cage...

Mary: They keep him in a cage?

Pat Healy: Well, it's just an enclosure...

Mary: No, but they keep him confined?

Pat Healy: Right, yeah.

Mary: That's ********!

Pat Healy: Well, that's what I said! So, I went out and I got him, uh, I got him a leash.

Mary: A leash?

Pat Healy: Yeah, one of those ones you can hook on the clothesline, and he can run back and forth and, uh, there's plenty of room for him to dig and play. That kid is really, uh, he's really blossomed.

The "and a person" part got to me. Drew did have flaws as a QB and he didn't work as hard as Brady at football. But I know of no flaws 'as a person" that can be attributed to Drew. I thought he handled the situation extremely well after he returned from his near death injury.
Please tell us what you meant or maybe we are better off not knowing.

Personal story:

It was November of 2000. I was at a pretty nice restaurant in Boston with my wife for our anniversary. We were waiting for our table the lounge. Drew was there with a couple of guys as well. I witnessed a kid, maybe 12 or 13 years old walk up to him and ask for his autograph. Drew was around maybe 10 ft away from me and heard him say to the kid, "Can't you just leave me alone and get the hell out here?" The kid was crushed. Drew in no way was intoxicated or yucking it up with football players. They seemed to be having a serious conversation. I respect what Drew and his wife, Maura have done for families and countless charities. Publicly hes carried himself with class, grace and has been a very good role model. Maybe he had an off night or was having a bad day or personal situation that had him in a bad frame of mind. However the way he treated that kid with a complete lack of graciousness at that moment was shocking and pretty disappointing...

I know it's hard to believe but I have no reason to make it up.

Funny Drew story. After attending practice @Smithfield the team used to head to nearby Parente's restaurant for chow. One time I was there with an even more wise-ass old time hockey enforcer buddy. Drew, walking down the aisle between tables stumbled & tripped but caught himself.
My friend says, "Out for the season?"
Drew's rejoinder, "Not funny!" but he was smiling.

In memory of Bill Beaulac a.s.f.p.ne-p

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft