PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Drew Bledsoe Mary's Boyfriend?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsWickedPissah

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Drew was 1st choice to play Mary's BF in "Something About Mary". Favre was the 3rd choice.
Mosh pit incident intervened.

Drew's quote, “It's one of my great regrets in life that I didn't take that part. I know the movie would've had a successful run had I been in it. Had I taken that part instead of Brett, we're talking Academy Awards and all those things."

I like Drew now better than when he was The Statue.

http://www.boston.com/blogs/sports/...bledsoe_something_about_mary_brett_favre.html

Drew was 1st choice to play Mary's BF in "Something About Mary". Favre was the 3rd choice.
Mosh pit incident intervened.

Drew's quote, “It's one of my great regrets in life that I didn't take that part. I know the movie would've had a successful run had I been in it. Had I taken that part instead of Brett, we're talking Academy Awards and all those things."

I like Drew now better than when he was The Statue.

http://www.boston.com/blogs/sports/...bledsoe_something_about_mary_brett_favre.html

Drew's funny. I saw some video on Tom where he said he didn't mind sharing info with him when he was a rook, He goes on to say "I guess I shared too much, the damn guy took my job!".

Drew seems to have a very dry wit about him.

The thread title didn't make much sense so I clicked on the link hoping you hadn't misspelled "marries" as "mary's".

I thought this was common knowledge. It makes sense that a Farrely brothers movie would use a New England sports star than a Packers' sports star. The only thing I didn't know was that Favre was the third choice behind Steve Young.

Slightly OT: One of the funniest things I ever heard on Sports radio was back in the day when the EEI guys had Bledsoe in and one of them called home "Anthony Michael Bledsoe."

MTE1ODA0OTcxNDQyODY1Njc3.jpg

It is fitting Favre was the BF in the end. He goes for mail with a hail mary in the 4th and IT'S INTERCPTED! BEN STILLER WITH THE PICK UP. Story of much of Favre's NFL career

Drew put NE on the map
Gillette Stadium...the House that Drew Built. (not far from the truth)
I'll give this threesome joint credit.......Kraft/Tuna/Bledsoe

No one would have cared for the patriots without a stud QB.

Drew gets a real bad press with some people. You would think that we should have got Rick Mirer the way some people talk.

I became a fan in the first year he was with us...always a real soft sot for the guy

Drew gets a real bad press with some people. You would think that we should have got Rick Mirer the way some people talk.

If Brady or BB never came on the scene, Drew is in the same discussion with Carl Yastremski.

The problem is that both of them exposed Drew's flaws as a QB and a person.

We are all happy Tommy and Bill came along. I just feel that certain fans see Drew as an average QB who just stood there throwing crap passes holding us back

The guy deserves a lot of respect for helping turn the franchise round, getting us to a SB (maybe twice after Pittsburgh)

Drew turned this franchise round, and some of those who started paying REAL attention around 2002 need to remember that.

Off my high horse now anyway LOL

I see Drew as the archetype Greek tragic hero. A top pick who showed incredible physical talent and who was THE factor along with Parcells & Kraft that lifted this moribund franchise to national prominence after bad ownership and bad coaching. (Some earlier 60s & 70s coaches of course excepted). But The Statue had major flaws that were exposed, even before BB really set the template. My wife gave up on him first, then I reluctantly.

What I admire most about Drew is his post football family and business life. He's enjoying himself productively and has a terrific sense of humor and perspective. I wish most ex-players the same success in life.

Yeah, but then we wouldn't have the "What about Brett Fav ... ruh?" line

We are all happy Tommy and Bill came along. I just feel that certain fans see Drew as an average QB who just stood there throwing crap passes holding us back

The guy deserves a lot of respect for helping turn the franchise round, getting us to a SB (maybe twice after Pittsburgh)

Drew turned this franchise round, and some of those who started paying REAL attention around 2002 need to remember that.

Off my high horse now anyway LOL

I've been a fan of the Pats since the day they were born in 1960.

The thing that I admired most about Bledsoe was the classy way he handled being demoted in favor of Tom Brady. At the time he could have split the locker room in two, but instead he took it like a man and put the team first. Without that, we might not have won a SB in 2001.

As for his passing, like many strong armed QBs, he was always trying to force the ball in situations where all he needed to do was avoid the mistake. Even in the last game he played for us in the playoffs in Pittsburgh he almost reverted to the bad Drew with a stupid over his shoulder backwards pass as he was being tackled. Luckily, nobody was near the ball when it landed. He was the complete opposite of Brady in that regard.

Why do we have to be subjected to this nonsense about Tuna all the time? The Pats have been to the SB before and after he was here, and have had a half dozen HCs with better records, also before and after he was here.

Without Billy Sullivan there's no such thing as the Patriots, and without Belichick and Brady there are no Lombardis sitting in Foxborough.

I've been a fan of the Pats since the day they were born in 1960.

The thing that I admired most about Bledsoe was the classy way he handled being demoted in favor of Tom Brady. At the time he could have split the locker room in two, but instead he took it like a man and put the team first. Without that, we might not have won a SB in 2001.

As for his passing, like many strong armed QBs, he was always trying to force the ball in situations where all he needed to do was avoid the mistake. Even in the last game he played for us in the playoffs in Pittsburgh he almost reverted to the bad Drew with a stupid over his shoulder backwards pass as he was being tackled. Luckily, nobody was near the ball when it landed. He was the complete opposite of Brady in that regard.

Totally agreed.

Would we have won a Superbowl with Drew? Probably not

Did he turn out to be an excellent QB who helped turn us into a winning franchise? Yes

We have certainly been blessed with Tom however, and I hope it rubs off on Jimmy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back