PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: ****dell denies Chiefs appeal (Clark Hunt betrays Chiefs fans, won't sue)

Status
Not open for further replies.
When will fans get that these owners are NEVER going to sue?!

When the Rams were awarded the LA move, the reason some owners gave for why it went to them was because they feared that the owner of the Rams would sue them if it didn't. I'll see if I can dig up that old thread with the information.

Edit: Here's the portion of the article that talked about a lawsuit;

But Kroenke, who was well-versed in relocation politics after he had helped move the Rams to St. Louis as a minority owner after the 1994 season, told a few owners that he would play one more season in St. Louis but would exercise his right to relocate in 2015 -- "when the window is open," he told associates. Some took Kroenke's declaration as a veiled threat to sue if anyone tried to block him; others understood that he had paid a fortune for the land and wanted to move forward. Jerry Jones, who once played himself on an episode of Entouragebrokering the NFL's return to LA, implored Kroenke to "just go" and not wait for the league's sluggish bureaucracy.

Last edited:
When the Rams were awarded the LA move, the reason some owners gave for why it went to them was because they feared that the owner of the Rams would sue them if it didn't. I'll see if I can dig up that old thread with the information.

But Kroenke, who was well-versed in relocation politics after he had helped move the Rams to St. Louis as a minority owner after the 1994 season, told a few owners that he would play one more season in St. Louis but would exercise his right to relocate in 2015 -- "when the window is open," he told associates. Some took Kroenke's declaration as a veiled threat to sue if anyone tried to block him; others understood that he had paid a fortune for the land and wanted to move forward. Jerry Jones, who once played himself on an episode of Entouragebrokering the NFL's return to LA, implored Kroenke to "just go" and not wait for the league's sluggish bureaucracy.
That's something differently entirely to me, but I do respect and appreciated that you posted it. I stick to my opinion that owners will never sue in the context of disciplinary action. Sorry for any confusion.

That's something differently entirely to me, but I do respect and appreciated that you posted it. I stick to my opinion that owners will never sue in the context of disciplinary action. Sorry for any confusion.

No problemo PB12.

I'm not even sure if an owner can sue the league, but I thought it was interesting that some took Kroenke's moves as a threat.

The only thing they'll do is appeal and even that means nothing.

No problemo PB12.

I'm not even sure if an owner can sue the league, but I thought it was interesting that some took Kroenke's moves as a threat.

The only thing they'll do is appeal and even that means nothing.
Which begs the question if TB's suspension is ultimately upheld, will be appeal and we pretty much have a situation similar to last season, or could the courts drag it out long enough that he'll have to serve a suspension even if he appeals? These legal things tend to move very slowly. Exhausting.

kraft is a spineless hack

what happens when tom gets suspended?

No because he had the cajones to fight for right unlike his whimpering boss

It doesn't take cajones when you have a union to do the fighting for you

But don't let that stop you from senselessly whining

I am sure that Brady who also had the cajones to be the name party on the union's suit against the NFL has the guts not to accept the suspension without a fight. More than you an say for whimpering Bob. Just keep on drinking the koolaid. I am sure Kraft is happy he has fooled atleast one person with his PR campaign,

In somewhat twisted logic, Mike Florio say that the Chiefs losing this case shows that Kraft did the right thing in not appealing.

I disagree. It is ALWAYS better to stand up for the truth, even if it's destined to get you nowhere. Forever we will have to hear from the haters "but Kraft gave up on deflategate, so he admitted it"
Unless Kraft didn't believe Brady and BB and thought that they did something nefarious......That's the only explanation I can come up with as to why he didn't testify for Brady at his appeal and why he so willingly accepted the penalties with the pro formo denials......that didn't seem to come from the heart....
We have all thought it was "for the good of the 32" and the almighty dollar. What if he was in the camp of those who didn't understand the IGL as well??

To imagine grown men risking their careers and hundreds of millions of dollars to help a certain team win because of rooting interest seems bizarre to me. There's too much on the line for me to buy into the NYJFL truther movement and I loooooove a good nutball conspiracy.

If the execs at the NFL were chosen through a process that focused on merit, proven capability, and relevant experience, I'd agree with you. When encountering executive teams put together on that basis, it is very evident in their focus on relevant issues and their professional demeanor. You can just feel the vibe.

This NFL executive team seems to have been assembled under the worst kind of good-ole-boys networking and favoritism. None of these hires would stand up to the scrutiny of "best person for the job" analysis, unless one can make the case that the NYJ and the city of New York have a huge advantage over every other entity in the world that could create executives for the NFL. The reality is that the only legitimate argument is just the opposite - that the local talent around the NFL offices is probably the worst place one could recruit.

The fact that the NFL doesn't stock itself with talent from companies in other industries with a reputation for developing executive talent is another damning indicator. Its not like pro football requires a long apprenticeship to understand, and talented executives move from industry to industry fairly easily.

So in this case, the "grown men" argument just doesn't hold water. These guys are just absurdly lucky to have these jobs and they know it, and are behaving that way.

The next train wreck waiting to happen is this international expansion they are so hot on. Success on a venture like that, with multiple national cultures and legal structures, will require a lot of maturity, patience, and complex thinking. Wait for it...

Unless Kraft didn't believe Brady and BB and thought that they did something nefarious......That's the only explanation I can come up with as to why he didn't testify for Brady at his appeal and why he so willingly accepted the penalties with the pro formo denials......that didn't seem to come from the heart....
We have all thought it was "for the good of the 32" and the almighty dollar. What if he was in the camp of those who didn't understand the IGL as well??
Of course none of us are on the inside, but if I were forced to speculate, then I'd be in line with this post. It would appear that that's exactly what did happen, though I say again, we're obviously on the outside on this one.

When you are rich as Bob Kraft you don't need to understand the IGL.

You hire people to understand the IGL for you.

That is what being rich is all about.

Last edited:
I still think neither really saw the degree to which it all came to be........Brady being a player has the union to back him up

The only lesson is that whenever the front office comes a callin' assume the worst and circle the wagons from the very first moment.....fool me once shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me.........they've been fooled twice.....moving forward, they ned to handle everything as though they're coming to rape the babies

When you are rich as Bob Kraft you don't need to understand the IGL.

You hire people to understand the IGL for you.

That is what being rich is all about.
But you get the executive summary explaining it for you......I'll bet you Mark Cuban understands it....or Steve Ballmer.........

I am sure that Brady who also had the cajones to be the name party on the union's suit against the NFL has the guts not to accept the suspension without a fight. More than you an say for whimpering Bob. Just keep on drinking the koolaid. I am sure Kraft is happy he has fooled atleast one person with his PR campaign,

this **** means way too much to you........you need to check yourself

Buuutt buuut the 32? :(:(:(:(:(:(

Which begs the question if TB's suspension is ultimately upheld, will be appeal and we pretty much have a situation similar to last season, or could the courts drag it out long enough that he'll have to serve a suspension even if he appeals? These legal things tend to move very slowly. Exhausting.

I'd be shocked if the NYJFL gets a reversal but I'm guessing that an appeal by Brady would delay the suspension.

I can't see how that's the case. I doubt that when Kraft went to Brady and was told that nothing happened, that he would choose not to believe Tom.

I'm not happy with how Kraft handled this, just as I was unhappy with the way he handled Crygate in 2007. But the blame for both of those injustices belong solely at the feet of the NYJFL.

tumblr_o5wutw1SZW1u9a3wuo1_1280.jpg

I can't see how that's the case. I doubt that when Kraft went to Brady and was told that nothing happened, that he would choose not to believe Tom.

I'm not happy with how Kraft handled this, just as I was unhappy with the way he handled Crygate in 2007. But the blame for both of those injustices belong solely at the feet of the NYJFL.
Even if you accept Kraft's acceptance of the penalties, how come he wasn't there, in person to support Tom at the appeal? Yes he is one of the 32 but when one half of the reason for your franchise's success ( and 1/2 the reason you have made a great deal of money) asks you to be there, you find a way to support your star employee...... How else do you explain Mr. Kraft's action other than he really didn't believe Brady was innocent and showed it by staying away.... From the PR point of view, the optics as they say would have been helpful seeing a united front. That's my take on it....

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes