PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Darn! There goes my pipe dream! (Colts sign Sanders to extension)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a good move for the Colts. He's worth ever penny. They can afford to do this because they have drafted well and have guys like Bethea and Kaeheueho (sp?) playing fairly well and on the cheap.

On the other hand, the 70 million deal with Freeney was far more than he is worth IMO so it cancels out the value they get from Sanders and the young guys who will have to get paid at some point.

He's not worth every penny.

Maybe a poo dollar or 2 though

Sanders can't cover, and Rodney doesn't do it very well either, although he's better than Sanders. And, yes, both have been exposed numerous times this season.
But then, Rodney isn't the highest paid safety in the NFL like Sanders.

I'm not sure what the argument is all about, anyway.

Colts fans like the signing. Pats fans like the signing. We're both happy it happened.

It's a brave new world.

If grandma had a **** she'd be grandpa.

well not exactly. If Grandma had a ****, she'd still be Grandma. She would just have a penis instead of a Vagina. That would mean that all the kids and grandkids would have parents, and 4 grandparents: 3 of which have a penis, and one having a vagina.

That would be crazy to have 3 grandparents with penises. I can't even begin to understand how that would work.

unreal.

It was offense.:rocker:
While I agree with you that your offense, especialy Addai, has not played very well the last few games, this was Nov 4, and at that time they were playing well.

Let me repeat. Your defense only had to hold on with a lead of ten points deep in the fourth quarter.

Your defense allowed 2 TDs in the last 8 minutes.

Generally, when a defense allows a TD every four minutes, it is considered not to have done its job very well.

What do they put in the water in Indianapolis, anyway? Too much run-off from the hog farms? Whatever it is, it seems to have a negative effect on your ability to comprehend basic facts.

well not exactly. If Grandma had a ****, she'd still be Grandma. She would just have a penis instead of a Vagina. That would mean that all the kids and grandkids would have parents, and 4 grandparents: 3 of which have a penis, and one having a vagina.

That would be crazy to have 3 grandparents with penises. I can't even begin to understand how that would work.

unreal.

Man there are days I wish I had some of whatever you're on....and I mean that in a positive way.

:rocker:

Our offense settled for field goals. Ugoh was out as well.

And without Harrison and without Gonzalez in the second half we did not put up enough points. Holding the Pats to 24 should be enough. We needed one more TD. Wayne dropped a huge pass that looked like he could have gone all the way.

The defense needed some resting. And the Colts offense was not moving the ball well enough in the second half.

It was offense.:rocker:

Let's just agree it was a total team collapse by indy. :)

the franchise tag on a TE is at least workable, unlike that for other positions.im Dallas will be there next year.

Last year the franchise tag for TEs (4.371 million) was the 2nd lowest. In 2008 if my numbers are right the franchise tag for TEs should be around $4.5 million.

Todd Heap Baltimore $4,900,000
Alge Crumpler San Diego $4,708,333
Tony Gonzalez Kansas City $4,531,370
Jeremy Shockey NY Giants $4,371,667
Odai Shiancoe Minnesota $4,200,000
Antonio Gates San Diego $3,825,000
Vernon Davis San Francisco $2,800,000
Daniel Graham Denver $2,800,000
Jason Witten Dallas $2,795,000
Jim Kleinsasser Minnesota $2,750,000

$4,542,000 Franchise number
$3,768,000 Transistion number

You weren't last year. :D

Anyway, I was confused in your last post on this thread if you were referring to our game this year, or the playoff game last year?

i was referring to last year, should have read your post closer.

but i think there were bad PI calls in both games.

good thing we don't have last year's pats team... they were ridden with the bug and couldn't play the 60 minutes.

Do you ever bring anything relevent to the discussion? :confused:

Or do you get kicks out of talking out of your ass?

Guy is a complete freaking idiot...maybe he is "Baghdad Bob"?

I thought Graham was getting about $5-6 mil a year? Don't they count signing bonus for franchise number?

Last year the franchise tag for TEs (4.371 million) was the 2nd lowest. In 2008 if my numbers are right the franchise tag for TEs should be around $4.5 million.

Todd Heap Baltimore $4,900,000
Alge Crumpler San Diego $4,708,333
Tony Gonzalez Kansas City $4,531,370
Jeremy Shockey NY Giants $4,371,667
Odai Shiancoe Minnesota $4,200,000
Antonio Gates San Diego $3,825,000
Vernon Davis San Francisco $2,800,000
Daniel Graham Denver $2,800,000
Jason Witten Dallas $2,795,000
Jim Kleinsasser Minnesota $2,750,000

$4,542,000 Franchise number
$3,768,000 Transistion number

Do you ever bring anything relevent to the discussion? :confused:

Or do you get kicks out of talking out of your ass?

hey dumb a-s. He is in Irag and your telling him he is talking out of his ass? Your a big ****-y

hey dumb a-s. He is in Irag and your telling him he is talking out of his ass? Your a big ****-y

He is talking out of his ass, which is his standard operating procedure. It just so happens that he claims his ass is in Iraq. So what?

Yeah, well I was in Vietnam. Doesn't mean I am right about everything. (That's just a coincidence. Remember Patrick Pass?)

I appreciate what our service men and women are doing as much as anyone, but a dink is a dink, whether he is in uniform or a clown suit.

Anyway, he's an airman safe and sound on a base.

An infantryman wouldn't put "inIraq" in his screen name hoping for someone to say, "Good boy."

I don't know what's funnier, the Patriots fans in this thread talking about how bad this move is, or you thinking Freeney and Sanders are two of the top five defensive players in the entire NFL.

And yet you guys have not been able to name them. Guys like Urlacher and Bailey aren't in the top 5 based on the mediocre seasons they've had. Then I hear Patrick Kerney. :eek: Give me a break.

Talk to me about guys like Demarcus Ware, but not some of these other guys.

Yeah, the nail in the coffin was re-signing 2 of the top 5 defensive players in football. :rolleyes:

The reason we shutdown your offense for three quarters this year was because of Freeney and Mathis. The Pats could not take the deep drops they do against everyone else. Mathis is also signed up longterm.

Bob has been the best safety in football this year and deserves to be paid accordingly. Anyone who's watched the NFL this year should know that the safety play is atrocious in this league right now. When you have the best one, it is a no-brainer to re-sign him.

I love how the Colts make all of these bad moves every year, yet continually win 12-14 games every year. Noone should ever criticize moves that the Colts' or Pats' front office makes. The rest of the NFL is fair game though because the majority of those teams are mediocre at best! :)

The reason you had some success against us in the last several games is that you cheat on virtually every play but the refs ignore it. And then they throw flags at us for no reason at all.

Take away the officiating and we would have lost one regular season game to you guys and no playoff games.

I don't care where he is. I judge somebody at this website on the merits of what they contribute, and this guy brings zero to the table here.

I learned that nobody whines more than a Patriots fan. Especially after his team blows a big lead in a championship game.:singing:

HA! Thanks for keeping the Lombardi warm during our rebuilding year. I think it's funny that one year your squad wins a bowl, the next year The Ballers come back with the greatest team...ever. After this year, you will once again be three rings shy of us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case