PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Colts and Titans Had "Agreement"

Status
Not open for further replies.
And Fisher said it was because he knew Dungy's coaching style. He didn't indicate that Dungy told him anything.

"Fisher said he knew Dungy wouldn't use the timeout because he's so familiar with the Colts coach's thinking, the Knoxville (Tenn.) News-Sentinel reported Thursday.

"Let me just say, I knew he wasn't going to use it. Tony and I were on the competition committee for a long time," Fisher said, the newspaper reported.

If that's all it is - then fine, no biggie...but we don't know for sure yet.

Last edited:
Well, this thread basically proves that if spygate had been the Colts or any other team, Patriots Nation would have led the charge calling for punishment.

Nice double-standard, guys...

Well, this thread basically proves that if spygate had been the Colts or any other team, Patriots Nation would have led the charge calling for punishment.

Way to completely misunderstand the point! That took real effort on your part, I'm sure.

Not quite, basically it prove that after spygate got blown way out of proportion we are gonna blow everything else out of proportion.

Speaking of which did anybody else notice how classless Ari was running up the score on Stl?

All it proves is that we have our own set of rules. It was said earlier in the thread that if Spygate never happened, we would all say, who cares? Just as we would have if it was the Colts who got caught videotaping and it was swept under the rug like everything else.

The point, which Colt fans (or others), never get is that if Goodell wants to be so damn self righteous, he better do it to others too.

It took the Colts so long because they were trying to run the clock out too.

In the immortal words of Newmie......

Your makin my point.

Why were the COlts trying to run out the clock, WHEN THEY WERE LOSING BY 6 POINTS!!!!

We are not talking about a 15 point lead here, we are talking about a 6 point lead, one play could have made a difference. Again, were not saying put Peyton in, but at least make it look like your trying.

All it proves is that we have our own set of rules. It was said earlier in the thread that if Spygate never happened, we would all say, who cares? Just as we would have if it was the Colts who got caught videotaping and it was swept under the rug like everything else.

The point, which Colt fans (or others), never get is that if Goodell wants to be so damn self righteous, he better do it to others too.

Agreed. The whole camera thing was deplorable, the media and especially the NFL was a disgrace during that entire situation. If they want to blow things out of proportion, talking about the Patriots SB's being tarnished, Belichick being suspended, etc, etc, then I'm all for running with this story. I personally don't think it was any more than two teams that just wanted the game over with. However, I'd like some investigation into this matter, along with some articles calling into question St. Dungy. He still smells like roses after the noise issue, I'd like to see some people make some waves with him.

What goes around comes around, after all. Let's see some mud slinging!

I feel bad for browns fans, they basically were outed from the playoffs because the colts laid down. I know there is no rules against it but really could the colts team at least look like they are trying next time to win the game. I'm not going to go as far as saying the game was fixed but this garbage is pretty fn close to having extreme negative effects towards this sport. Fisher knew this because both him and Dungy are friends, please colts fans do not try and feed lines of **** that they did not have some kind of agreement before hand if this situation were to present itself, fisher is not going to make a bad judgment and give the colts a slim chance of regaining the lead, he knew they would lay down and that's how he played his team also.

but really could the colts team at least look like they are trying next time to win the game.

Yeah that's true. :)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=uJmsCsb9hUA

Anyway, I think this will turn out to be nothing, but it does show that you have to be careful in how you handle things even the smallest details in the current environment.

And Fisher said it was because he knew Dungy's coaching style. He didn't indicate that Dungy told him anything.

"Fisher said he knew Dungy wouldn't use the timeout because he's so familiar with the Colts coach's thinking, the Knoxville (Tenn.) News-Sentinel reported Thursday.

"Let me just say, I knew he wasn't going to use it. Tony and I were on the competition committee for a long time," Fisher said, the newspaper reported.

The Titans coach also said the Colts would have gotten the ball back with 25 seconds left but down nine because Tennessee would have kicked another field goal, the newspaper reported.

"It didn't make any sense. They gave it their best shot," Fisher said, the News-Sentinel reported."

so, fisher is saying he knew dungy's coaching style was to lay down ? that's interesting !

so, fisher is saying he knew dungy's coaching style was to lay down ? that's interesting !

Call BB! Quick! Now they really won't have a chance in heck in beating us if we meet again! They sure as crap didn't lay down when we were beating the tar out of them. Must be a competition committee "buddy" thing.

If Goodell and the media had not blown the Pats taping out of proportion including historically high fines and the loss of a first round draft pick, nobody here would be making a stink out of this or Ratgini lying about permission to tape the Pats. If Goodell had any integrity or guts he would investigate these issues and treat all teams equally instead of just punishing the Pats and sweeping the other thing under the rug.

ps. Mr Goodell how is the investigation of who leaked the Pats tapes coming?

ps. Mr Goodell how is the investigation of who leaked the Pats tapes coming?

NFL investigators are working hand-in-hand with O.J.'s investigators. They will release the tape leaker's name at the same time as they tell us who Nicole's real killer was.

I feel bad for browns fans, they basically were outed from the playoffs because the colts laid down.
The Browns were outed from the playoffs because they lost too many games.

Dungy is absolutely right on this.

F the rest of the NFL, he is paid to do what is best for the Indianapolis Colts. If he thinks resting his starters and playing 20% throughout a meaningless game (for Indy) in the regular season is in the best interest of his team, more power to him.

And please, stop feeling sorry for the Browns, they had their chance against Cincy and laid an egg. They deserve what they got.

Last edited:
Dungy is absolutely right on this.

F the rest of the NFL, he is paid to do what is best for the Indianapolis Colts. If he thinks resting his starters and playing 20% throughout a meaningless game (for Indy) in the regular season is in the best interest of his team, more power to him.

And please, stop feeling sorry for the Browns, they had their chance against Cincy and laid an egg. They deserve what they got.

That was a rather profound display of zero reading comprehension on your part...

hahahaha, this thread full of bitter patriots fans is hilarious.
Keep trying to tear down the Colts to the Pats level, it's great.

Yea, we'll tear them all the way down to 16-0. Oh wait.

No I meant tear us down to your level of foul play.

Ah, it was Mr. Plum in the library with the candlestick.

We would have gotten away with it too if it weren't for you pesky kids.

No I meant tear us down to your level of foul play.

What foul play would that be? The foul play that you lost to despite 150 yards in phantom calls against us, home-field advantage and no coach to QB headset communication? Or the foul play that set a new NFL record for most points scored in a season with the highest point differential ever, as well?

Just trying to clarify here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes