PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Clowney inactive; (per espn) upset with O'Brien, left stadium

Status
Not open for further replies.
He only had tickets for 11 of 12 family members.

Is that from ESPN? I don't think anyone there can count to double-digits so I won't trust it until it's verified by an adult.

This is your typical ESPN football reporter who doesn't like to be called out for false reporting. Blocks people who call them out.

This is your typical ESPN football reporter who doesn't like to be called out for false reporting. Blocks people who call them out.

How can they be so petty on social media and get away with it?

LOL - - so another ESPN Reporting Special!!!!!!!!

Can't believe the nation belives their guff, but is suspicious of a reputable organization like Al Jazeera because of the Arabic name..........

Ed Werder is digging his heels on and saying the Texns beat writers are just spinning it the way the Texans want it to be. Kinda of ironic with ESPN spinning it for NFL the way they want it to be spun.

Ed Werder is digging his heels on and saying the Texns beat writers are just spinning it the way the Texans want it to be. Kinda of ironic with ESPN spinning it for NFL the way they want it to be spun.

God, I hope this goes viral and ESPN won't be able to sweep this under the rug.

I googled "Clowney" "Inactive" for all mentions in the past hour and scores of outlets are parrotting ESPN's erroneous reporting.

The fact that Werder is stonewalling and that ESPN STILL has the story up on their site (by someone named Tania Ganguli who is reporting what Lisa salters reported......) should be pretty damning.

Unbelievable........or it would be had we not experienced the past 11 months.

Will regret? I think they probably already regret it.
I mean they did get both an all pro linebacker and defensive end with that pick. While Texans merely got one player.

I thought the Texans had a good chance to win this game, like 55%, they had a similar trajectory comparing with the Chiefs, slow start and then an up and coming season and the Chiefs schedule is not telling the whole story about this team, I thought they were going to choke again but I don't know, I think BoB is gonna blow this game somehow.

Really? The Texans are terrible, while the Chiefs have played well at times. The Chiefs are for real and the Pats will be in for a hard fight with them.

Every Stupid Pissant Nationwide

so tune in next week for the first installment of Morts, Snorts &Weirdos with Mortenson,L.T. & Ed "he can't possibly get weirder" Werder...

Clowney sux. That team needs to lose all the diva's. The Texans are all hat and no ranch.

Watt and Mack...that would have been one scary pass rush.

Really? The Texans are terrible, while the Chiefs have played well at times. The Chiefs are for real and the Pats will be in for a hard fight with them.

Yeah I was wrong, I still think the Chiefs is not that good but they play mistake free football and thats essential in the playoffs. The Texans is a team that depends too much on the mental aspect of the game and there was 2 big turning points in this game that was a big knockdown to overcome, the first play of the game and then when they could go 13x7 to the half time BoB tried to be the smartest guy in the room in that tricky play instead of running the damn ball and we saw what happened in the next play.

If Im the Texans owner I would fire his ass monday morning.

Regardless of what happened with Clowney, the more I learn about BOB, the more glad I am that he's no longer with the Pats.

Clowney is one of the most overrated bums to happen to the NFL in a while. He basically held himself out for most of his final season at SC to save himself for the NFL. To this point he has been oft-injured and pretty much a non-factor when he has played. One of my buddies finally admitted to me on Saturday, after MANY arguments about him, that he's trash.

All of this can change, no doubt, but he is a straight bum to this point.

Regardless of what happened with Clowney, the more I learn about BOB, the more glad I am that he's no longer with the Pats.
Like what, Galeb? I'm interested. I've only heard about how he has the tendency to blow his lid. Is there more coming out now?

Like what, Galeb? I'm interested. I've only heard about how he has the tendency to blow his lid. Is there more coming out now?
Did you read the story where Cassel and Brady referred to him as "tea pot" because of his habit to to steam and blow his lid? The way he handled the situation between Mallet and Hoyer was horrible, and it looks like his pride prevented him making a deal for Garappolo on draft day. The few linked clips I'd seen from Hard Knocks showed a guy who flips his lid far too easy and doesn't keep his promises. That's all I got, but I thought he was a pretty good coach when he left for Penn State.

I agree that he probably isn't in the league of Josh McD or Matt Patricia (and more obviously he is not at BB's level), but he managed to get his team to the playoffs with arguably the weakest quarterback situation in the NFL (St Louis and Cleveland would be the other contenders), so I don't think he is a total incompetent.

That said, I think we were better off with McD and Patricia this year, I think this may be our best set of coordinators ever.

It's been damn near months since ESPN butchered a story as badly as they butchered this one.

I'm generally rooting for O'Brien but being on board for trading for Mallett and then having Mallett basically insubordinate himself out of a starting job then out of town is a big problem since O'Brien had coached Mallett before. If there were any other avenues for improving the QB situation last season other than Mallett it's a big opportunity cost lost.

Then he needed to give Hoyer more than one half of one game at the beginning of the season to play himself out of the job. If Hoyer played that badly for the first two plus games the fans would be clamoring for Mallett. Pulling the trigger so early didn't really give either guy a fair shot.

O'Brien should be thankful that it was such a crap division that he could get to 9-7 with bad QB play. If the Texans had gone 5-11 he might have been out of a job himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST