PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Cavs vs. Warriors (Who Wins the NBA Finals?)

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Who Wins the NBA Finals?

• Cavs

Votes: 28 26.2%
  • Warriors

Votes: 79 73.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
He wouldn't sniff the finals if he played against the Bird Celtics or Laimbeer/Rodman/Thomas Pistons. Those guys would eat him alive and he would be checked out mentally in the first quarter

He probably wouldn't check out because he would be working them over on offense. Who on the Bird Celtics or Bad Boy Pistons would come remotely close to guarding Lebron? Larry Bird? Mark Aguirre? It would be a complete joke. Go watch highlights of Jordan's 63 point game. Completely noncompetitive defense.

I'm getting a little tired of this narrative that basketball players in the 80s were a combination of Charles Bronson, Teddy Roosevelt and General Patton. They were definitely dirtier, I'm sceptical that they were tougher.

We will see how the warriors respond after this massive choke job. The spurs responded well after blowing the series against the heat the following year.

He probably wouldn't check out because he would be working them over on offense. Who on the Bird Celtics or Bad Boy Pistons would come remotely close to guarding Lebron? Larry Bird? Mark Aguirre? It would be a complete joke. Go watch highlights of Jordan's 63 point game. Completely noncompetitive defense.

I'm getting a little tired of this narrative that basketball players in the 80s were a combination of Charles Bronson, Teddy Roosevelt and General Patton. They were definitely dirtier, I'm sceptical that they were tougher.

I'm not trying to start an argument because you've made a good point BUT...who on the Cavs guards Magic? Worthy? Kareem? LOOK at that Laker roster and do the matchups. I'd bet the Lakers all day and that's no shot at Lebron and the Cavs but theWarriors are no showtime Lakers. BTW I'm a die hard Celts fan and I LOATHE all things Laker FWIW.

after the first game of this series I posted in THIS thread that this was going seven games. I didn't say who was going to win it because I honestly did not have a clue about THAT.You guys are fighting back and forth about who's better from what era and Lebron's place and rank...that's nice but the BUSINESS of the NBA dictates that its biggest star is marketed in the most profitable way possible for the league. Not to hard to make the statement this series was going seven games based on THAT fact of life.

Lebron has been in 7 NBA finals. 2 of those went 7 games. He has been in a 4-game finals and 2 5-game finals. 2 six-game finals. So, what was your point again?

I'm not trying to start an argument because you've made a good point BUT...who on the Cavs guards Magic? Worthy? Kareem? LOOK at that Laker roster and do the matchups. I'd bet the Lakers all day and that's no shot at Lebron and the Cavs but theWarriors are no showtime Lakers. BTW I'm a die hard Celts fan and I LOATHE all things Laker FWIW.

No disagreement from me. Those teams were better than the Cavs. I thought we were talking about Lebron as an individual player

Douchiness really clouds my ability to respect greatness. I genuinely used to enjoy watching LeBron play, but he increasingly left me appalled at some of his douchey antics on & off the court. Specifically over the last few years.

No matter how much you dislike a player personally, that has nothing to do with his greatness on the court/field. People use the same BS excuses to hate on brady.

LeBron would get his **** kicked in by the teams of old...

I'm not sure what the result would be, but LOL at him getting easy lay ups.

No matter how much you dislike a player personally, that has nothing to do with his greatness on the court/field. People use the same BS excuses to hate on brady.

You'd have to nitpick and get trivial about Brady to label him a douche.

Whereas it's all over the place with LeBron. On and off the court.

Obviously it has nothing to do with what he ultimately does on the court and stat-sheet, but in terms of trying to respect his game; it gets pretty damn difficult, hence why I mentioned my judgement is clouded. Which is telling considering I definitely would've been in awe just a few years ago.

Last edited:
Lebron is an amazing player and an all-timer. You can compare him to Peyton all you want but the titles he won he EARNED.

Yeah that's far too much of a complimentary comparison for Peyton.

Also, looks like we'll see a lot more of this garbage:

Peyton Manning's contributions to his team would be the equivalent of Mo Williams' to his.

We will see how the warriors respond after this massive choke job. The spurs responded well after blowing the series against the heat the following year.

Yeah that's what this reminds me of.

They'll never be another team like the 95-96 Bulls. None of MJs teams would ever choke away a 3-1 lead in the finals.

LeBron is a ****boy, lol

Fake ass dude crying like he's KG.

You ain't got that emotion bro, don't fake it for once in your life

The eastern conference's garbage. I see Lebroni making more nba finals trip until he retires.
The one way it could change is if Boston landed Kevin Durant. That would be compelling as Hell to watch.

I actually was rooting for the Cavs cause I wanted to see Lebron give Cleveland something to cheer about for once, but the more I think about it the more I feel bummed about GState losing.

I mean, they're us from 2008. I know first hand how awful it feels and I can only imagine how many sleepless nights are going to be had in the bay area over these next few weeks.

It takes a good week for the reality to even set in cause it seems so surreal at first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
Back