PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Cavs vs. Warriors (Who Wins the NBA Finals?)

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Who Wins the NBA Finals?

• Cavs

Votes: 28 26.2%
  • Warriors

Votes: 79 73.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The refs rigged it..that was the worst officiating game I've seen in the NBA in a long time.

• Agree
Reactions: TBR
The refs rigged it..that was the worst officiating game I've seen in the NBA in a long time.

Nah man, the warriors just got outplayed. Both teams had 25 fouls. This game was won by the cavs not the refs. You can say the refs officiated a bad game but to say it was one sided is simply not true.

Looked back at mouthpiecegate that was worse than I originally saw, a random scrub probably sits out a game for that. Rondo has taken some time off for stupid crap like that lol. Granted he has a history of doing stupid moody **** (but I don't think he'd miss a game 7 of the finals for it).

Nah man, the warriors just got outplayed. Both teams had 25 fouls. This game was won by the cavs not the refs. You can say the refs officiated a bad game but to say it was one sided is simply not true.

I love when people compare total number of fouls or free throws as if that's somehow relevant to whether or not the game was fairly officiated. Lol

While I agree the Cavs won the game and it wasn't a huge factor, the Warriors got HOUSED. Especially when they were trying to comeback in the 4th....

Also, Steve Kerr needs some criticism. BIG TIME if they lose.

1- too much rest for Curry/ Thompson. What's he resting them so much for? They get 2-3 off days between games for crying out loud. And benching curry w 2 fouls as Cleveland pulled away? Saving his fouls for when it's a 30 point game and over in the 2nd quarter? Wtf?

2- playing IGGY on LeBron, or playing him at all last night when he couldn't even move. LeBron smelled blood. IGGY has his number and usually gets the better of him, BUT HE CANT MOVE RIGHT NOW

I love when people compare total number of fouls or free throws as if that's somehow relevant to whether or not the game was fairly officiated. Lol

While I agree the Cavs won the game and it wasn't a huge factor, the Warriors got HOUSED. Especially when they were trying to comeback in the 4th....

Its very relevant. How is it not? If the refs call alot more fouls on one team than another then at least you have something to point to to support your conspiracy theory. I saw celtics fans doing this a whole bunch when they claimed game 7 of the finals was rigged in 2010. If the refs are calling fouls for both teams equally or at least somewhat equally, then claiming it is rigged is a stretch.

The refs making a call or two that you disagree with down the stretch or missing calls is hardly enough proof to start yelling "rigged". I'm not defending NBA refs either. Personally I think they suck ass compared to other sports officials.... But its just so tiring to hear fans of literally every NBA team thinking the refs have it out for their team or a certain team. Even when clearly the refs didn't favor any one team.

Gee, a finesse jump shooting team w two guards as their lead or a team with LeBron and Thompson. Who should be getting more fouls?

Different styles bro. You can't compare total fouls called. That's stupid.

What does it mean when the talk about a game is more entertaining than the game itself?

I don't like LeBron, but he was putting on a clinic on that 4th quarter.. they looked like the harlem globe trotters with all those ally-oops

I don't have a dog in this race, so it's been interesting to watch this series.. I don't care who wins really.. the only times I've actively rooted against an NBA team who wasn't playing the Celtics was the Lakers and the Pistons.. I hated that Pistons team lol

Gee, a finesse jump shooting team w two guards as their lead or a team with LeBron and Thompson. Who should be getting more fouls?

Different styles bro. You can't compare total fouls called. That's stupid.

Its alot less stupid than cherry picking calls in the 4th you don't agree with and then screaming its rigged because of it. Yes they are a jump shooting team and I agree that you can't JUST look at total foul calls to see how fairly a game is officiated... Even though this is exactly what most fans do until it doesn't fit their argument. The original argument was GS being cheated... but it sounds like you aren't even arguing that since it sounds like you're saying the cavs should have had more freethrows since they attack the rim more.

I'd like to take this opportunity to say, I've forgotten what it feels like to see my team play in the NBA finals.
Signed, an Orlando Magic fan.

Ehh who cares? NBA got what they wanted. They get a game 7...

This series should have been over in 5 but the powers that be had other plans.

Do you ever stop and think how stupid what you are suggesting is? If you say that the refs can change the outcome of a game so much that one team wins by 15 or 20 points (the team that would have lost, according to you, if there had been no conspiracy), why wouldn't every series, or at least every finals series, go seven games? Why did Lebron get swept by he Spurs in the finals? Why did he beat OKC in 5? Is your theory that they pick and choose which series they want to extend? Sometimes they want to make extra money, and sometimes they don't? Help me understand what seems to be utter madness.

I picked the Warriors to win in 5 but that suspension seemed to throw everything out of wack. I guess i can't use it as too much of an excuse for being wrong but I do believe if Green was not suspended the Cavs would have lost in 5. I still hope the Warriors win but we will see. The lost a lot of the momentum they have but hopefully they pull it out.

I'd like to take this opportunity to say, I've forgotten what it feels like to see my team play in the NBA finals.
Signed, an Orlando Magic fan.

Actually, I remember it all too well. Still a bit of a sore subject around this Boston fan.

Its alot less stupid than cherry picking calls in the 4th you don't agree with and then screaming its rigged because of it. Yes they are a jump shooting team and I agree that you can't JUST look at total foul calls to see how fairly a game is officiated... Even though this is exactly what most fans do until it doesn't fit their argument. The original argument was GS being cheated... but it sounds like you aren't even arguing that since it sounds like you're saying the cavs should have had more freethrows since they attack the rim more.

I didn't say it was rigged, I said GSW got housed last night, and Curry hasn't gotten any respect all series, lol

Not a conspiracy, just how I saw it

• Agree
Reactions: TBR

They got outplayed for most of the game, absolutely, but they narrowed the lead down to 7-9 several times in the 4th - and to 9 within the last 4-5 minutes I believe - yet there were some awful calls that prevented them from getting any closer that ultimately kept the game out of reach. Curry's clean steal on Kyrie, which would've cut the deficit from 8 to 6 (or 5 if he took a pull up 3, lol). And the foul-out call which was awful and ticky tacky; something you just don't call in a close game on any player in a game 6 Finals situation; let alone the reigning 2 time MVP.

Can't use Draymond's suspension as an excuse. They had other players who could have stepped up. Steph was still playing as was Klay and Barnes. They were also at home. Plus the Warriors faced injured teams in every round last year which got them their first ring, played 2 crappy teams this year in the first 2 rounds, and needed an okc chokejob to complete their 3-1 comeback. The fact that Green was not suspended last series and was now is karma and well overdue. You should NEVER get away for kicking/punching someone in the balls.

Oh and nice to see Curry throwing a temper tantrum when he fouled out. Amazing display of "leadership." He learned from his good friend Cam Newton. Historic team my ass. Historic teams don't go down 3-1 and play game 7's TWICE and get blown out 5 times in a possible title run.

Can't use Draymond's suspension as an excuse. They had other players who could have stepped up. Steph was still playing as was Klay and Barnes. They were also at home. Plus the Warriors faced injured teams in every round last year which got them their first ring, played 2 crappy teams this year in the first 2 rounds, and needed an okc chokejob to complete their 3-1 comeback. The fact that Green was not suspended last series and was now is karma and well overdue. You should NEVER get away for kicking/punching someone in the balls.

Oh and nice to see Curry throwing a temper tantrum when he fouled out. Amazing display of "leadership." He learned from his good friend Cam Newton. Historic team my ass. Historic teams don't go down 3-1 and play game 7's TWICE and get blown out 5 times in a possible title run.

Who gives a **** about the other games? That's irrelevant.

To say that missing the team's toughest player, best rebounder and the 2nd best front court defender in the NBA in G5 is not a reasonable excuse for why they lost is flat out wrong

Do you ever stop and think how stupid what you are suggesting is? If you say that the refs can change the outcome of a game so much that one team wins by 15 or 20 points (the team that would have lost, according to you, if there had been no conspiracy), why wouldn't every series, or at least every finals series, go seven games? Why did Lebron get swept by he Spurs in the finals? Why did he beat OKC in 5? Is your theory that they pick and choose which series they want to extend? Sometimes they want to make extra money, and sometimes they don't? Help me understand what seems to be utter madness.

Stupid to suggest that the NBA can actually rig a game? Lol cuz they've never done it before right?

As someone who is barely aware the NBA exists but ended up watching a little of this game without caring who won, I didn't really see the one-sided officiating. I saw some bad calls but nothing that screams rigged to me.

What's the backstory with people assuming the NBA rigs games?

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes