PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Cavs vs. Warriors (Who Wins the NBA Finals?)

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Who Wins the NBA Finals?

• Cavs

Votes: 28 26.2%
  • Warriors

Votes: 79 73.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Green suspended for game 5. A player that was frustrating Lebron..

Steph Curry just so happens to foul out in a game 6...

No one tell me this **** isnt rigged..

No.

Cavs won 57 games and were 12-2 going into the Finals.

You make it sound like that besides LeBron are a bunch of AAU kids scrapping for everything.

I'd argue that player for player the Cavs are a more talented bunch than GS.

If Curry is 100% and Green plays G5 this series would have been over.

LeBron has hope so he is playing hard.

We all know a hopeless or frustrated LeBron goes through the motions.

He also doesn't have to deal with Iggy or a rim protector anymore. Further, when he can lower his shoulder and barrel into people like a football player without getting called for anything, he has a supreme advantage on top of already being talented.

No.

Cavs won 57 games and were 12-2 going into the Finals.

You make it sound like that besides LeBron are a bunch of AAU kids scrapping for everything.

I'd argue that player for player the Cavs are a more talented bunch than GS.

If Curry is 100% and Green plays G5 this series would have been over.

LeBron has hope so he is playing hard.

We all know a hopeless or frustrated LeBron goes through the motions.

I don't know what you mean by "talented", but GS won 16 more games in a much better conference and their best player is not as good as Lebron. That should tell you something about the relative abilities of the supporting casts. Of course he gets frustrated when his teammates can't get to his level. So do all the greats.

Green suspended for game 5. A player that was frustrating Lebron..

Steph Curry just so happens to foul out in a game 6...

No one tell me this **** isnt rigged..

Green sure frustrated Lebron last night.

Still think GS in game 7..at home..they will play MUCH better IMO

I don't know what you mean by "talented", but GS won 16 more games in a much better conference and their best player is not as good as Lebron. That should tell you something about the relative abilities of the supporting casts.

Talented means individual playmaking ability and skill. Of course GS has talent but also great chemistry.

As I've said, Curry is hurt and with Green in G5 the series would have ended a few days ago.

Of course he gets frustrated when his teammates can't get to his level. So do all the greats.

Yes but with the GoATs that does not mean they necessarily dog it on the court when things are going down the drain.

As we've discussed dozens of times, that is what separates LeBron from THE greats.

With that said, I give Lebron credit for playing his ass off these last two games.

No one can handle LeBron 1:1. You need a concentrated effort at all levels. Perimeter, lanes and in the box.

Last edited:
Still think GS in game 7..at home..they will play MUCH better IMO

someone on sports radio said, that role/bench players play much better at home. and it's been playing out that way in this series. have to favor the team with home court.

someone on sports radio said, that role/bench players play much better at home. and it's been playing out that way in this series. have to favor the team with home court.

Yeah that place will be crazy..but if Lebron has another game like the last 2...idk

Yeah that place will be crazy..but if Lebron has another game like the last 2...idk

One of GoAT playoff performances of any player I have seen in the last 35 years (I'm older than that but going off when I remember which was starting in 1980) was LeBron vs the Celts G6 in 2012 in BOS. He was so on it was incredible.

If he plays like that.....

Accurate statement.

what a masterful performance by the best player in the league. hate or love him, bron is hard to stop when he is on. IMO bron is already top 5 all time regardless how many rings he ends up. and he shows who's the real mvp in the league. and many critics already have him above larry bird. i disagree, but i understand it.

but i feel for the guy. let's say he plays so-so in game 7. like 25/10/7 45% which is very good, but substandard by bron's standard. if this happens people will just call him a choker.

The NBA is almost reaching WWE levels. That foul on Curry was ridiculous.

No one can handle LeBron 1:1. You need a concentrated effort at all levels. Perimeter, lanes and in the box.

only bron can stop bron. bron's biggest flaw is sometimes he doesn't trust his jumper. i firmly believe he can shoot his way out from a shooting slump. guys like klay or steph keeps on shooting and eventually they will get going. but because bron has every other arsenals, he doesn't force the issue, so it can be viewed as passive.

i don't blame him because many times i cringe when great players keep shooting till he makes a bucket. you gotta find a right balance.

that was infuriating. those ticky tack fouls get called in the regular season. i understand that. it's a sissy league. but in this playoffs refs let them play. well until last night. rigged!!

Ehh who cares? NBA got what they wanted. They get a game 7...

This series should have been over in 5 but the powers that be had other plans.

The first three were legitimate fouls. That last three were so absurd, one would have to wonder if the refs were specifically targeting him.

Ehh who cares? NBA got what they wanted. They get a game 7...

This series should have been over in 5 but the powers that be had other plans.

Who? You mean the commissioner that resembles a walking, talking penis?

Lebron has beasted the last two games, he's making shots and there's no one at the rim when he drives or spins in off the post, which he can do pretty much at will. Or, if Green comes off Tristan Thompson, they just lob him the ball. I think they have to leave Ezeli in more as the best available option because Lebron is murdering the Warriors small-ball lineup. Plus it's possible he could grab some rebounds here and there - the stats say the Cavs were just +10 in rebounds, and GSW actually had more in game 5 - but it sure looks like the Cavs get every one that matters.

The Draymond suspension was BS.
The calls on Curry were BS (esp the Irving steal).
But they're not making enough shots, and they're being way too sloppy offensively in general, to use that as an excuse. Some of the too-cute passes they were throwing around as they were trying to crawl back into the game were absolutely ridiculous. Slow the **** down and move the ball.

Even though the officiating, and the decision on the Draymond suspension, have definitely been a character so far, hopefully that won't be the case for game 7 and we'll just get a really good game. Maybe the real Steph Curry will even get to play the whole thing.

Last night the refs were wanting to get in on the fun. They felt the crowd cheering for them, lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST