PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Cardinals Tyrann Mathieu tears ACL, Out for the Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still think the Cards will be dangerous enough in the playoffs but, right now, I would have to think that Seattle and Carolina are on a collision course in the NFC. And, as good as Wilson has been over the last five weeks, I'm not sure Seattle comes out on top of that one. Carolina has the personnel to pressure Wilson up the gut and make his life very difficult for 4 quarters.

I think it will be real tough for Seattle and Carolina to play one another in the NFCCG. In all likelihood they'll play each other in the divisional round.

I think it will be real tough for Seattle and Carolina to play one another in the NFCCG. In all likelihood they'll play each other in the divisional round.

What I was inferring is that whomever comes out of that one represents the NFC. Kind of like how the team that came out of Pats/Ravens last year was a lock to represent the AFC.

What I was inferring is that whomever comes out of that one represents the NFC. Kind of like how the team that came out of Pats/Ravens last year was a lock to represent the AFC.

Ah, got it. So you like Seattle over Arizona?

Ah, got it. So you like Seattle over Arizona?

I think it should still be a good game but I think that Seattle can now do enough to get past them. Honey Badger is a GIGANTIC loss in that secondary and I don't think the Cards have the horses up front to consistently pressure Wilson for four quarters.

Seattle's OL has really come together in the last 5 weeks. It's also a combination of Wilson doing his usual pocket escaping houdini tricks. Teams like Seattle, once they start to get a sniff of the playoffs, turn into an entirely different team.

I see there three teams in the nfc. Cardinals, panthers, seahawks. I can't take the packers serious even with Rodgers.

You aren't the only one. Packer passing game is a hot but slow moving mess. Too bad for Mathieu, I liked the way he was playing this year. I think the Cards can beat the Panthers but without Mathieu it won't be any easier. But I will not underestimate Cam Newton any more from now on.

Carolina will have to go through both Seattle (playing on a very high level, has obvious championship experience) and Arizona (maybe the most complete team in the NFC), before facing the AFC champ in the Super Bowl, which I hope and expect to be the defending SB champion Patriots.

That would be a hell of a gauntlet to go through. If Carolina gets through that, hats off to them.

This injury hurts Arizona, and it's a reminder that one thing Carolina has been blessed with is great health. One of the healthiest teams in the league.

Carolina will have to go through both Seattle (playing on a very high level, has obvious championship experience) and Arizona (maybe the most complete team in the NFC), before facing the AFC champ in the Super Bowl, which I hope and expect to be the defending SB champion Patriots.

That would be a hell of a gauntlet to go through. If Carolina gets through that, hats off to them.

This injury hurts Arizona, and it's a reminder that one thing Carolina has been blessed with is great health. One of the healthiest teams in the league.

Their advantage's being home. I think they would get a tougher game against the seahags then the cardinals.

I don't see nobody taking the Packers seriously & for good reason! Rodgers still can have one of those hot days at any time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes